Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imperial Agents going Light Side?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Imperial Agents going Light Side?

LaVolpex
01.26.2012 , 07:06 AM | #41
Any doubt i had about going light side with my sniper were quickly dismissed at the end of nar shadaah

just let .....that guy (not spoiling it) live and watch kalyos priceless reaction

LS all the way baby!

Louka
01.26.2012 , 07:07 AM | #42
In my opinion you shouldn't limit yourself by saying "I'm only going light side" or "I'm only dark and evil". It's much more entertaining to analyze the situation and pay close attention to the story and come to your own conclusion.

I'm pretty much neutral but leaning a bit towards dark on my agent so far. I don't just mindlessly kill people but if someone threatens me or my mission they're going down. I am a staunch loyalist to the Empire and make sure my mission is completed.

Keep an open mind

urborror
01.26.2012 , 08:31 AM | #43
<But then you have a few where the Light option is to let someone who's sworn to destroy the Empire go free, rather than kill them. It's nearly the exact opposite of the previous situation; only a complete idiot would let their enemies walk away just out of a sense of niceness when it can only serve to make the Republic stronger. So going pure-Light or pure-Dark just doesn't make a whole lot of sense, given this disparity.>

I'm ostensibly lightside but I can't bring myself to commit tactical absurdities for the points.

Also: my female agent is still ominous and murderous even at "full" lightside. She's occasional compassionate or sensible.

Bioware's writers are good but imposing hippie/villain dichotomies on everything is baby-think. With all the characters, I think motivation and roleplaying is a problem. Does my Sith Lord lust for power or is he a monster? Does my agent have some philosophical reason for hating the Republic?

Lukiduk
01.26.2012 , 10:35 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by samguard View Post
I dont think it works like that. Even if you win the roll and picked a light side choice, they will still get their darkside points if they chose appropriately. All your rolling for is the cinematic in most cases (aside from choosing if someone lives or dies etc). I.e if you win the roll and say live you get light side points and the dude lives. But your teammates who all selected die but lost the roll still get darkside points. C/D?
It can also affect certain side missions that you do or don't do because of a choice.

Lukiduk
01.26.2012 , 10:37 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Lukiduk View Post
It can also affect certain side missions that you do or don't do because of a choice.
At Light V myself, with a few evil choices thrown in. I killed Art and the gang and tubby worms deserve to be slaughtered at any opportunity.

blarse
01.26.2012 , 11:11 AM | #46
My light V operative basically lived to give the Sith the middle finger at every opportunity.

Forroden
01.26.2012 , 11:35 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by blarse View Post
My light V operative basically lived to give the Sith the middle finger at every opportunity.
I'm just wrapping up Act I so only at about Light III, but my sniper basically does this, while insulting every imperial I can find along the way. The only dark side points I have are from Diplomacy missions where I didn't want more companion gifts while I was trying to make certain Biochem items. Ironically even though I get a lot of negative hits with Kaliyo, being a sarcastic insulting arsehole seems to counteract the negative from the light side options.

Malinear
01.26.2012 , 11:44 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by VladeMarkov View Post
so in conclusion tl;dr: I am a dirty hippy lightsider for life.
I'll pretty much echo your entire post, but I laughed a lot at this line because that's exactly what my guild calls me every time they see me make a lightside choice in a conversation.

Ludstar
01.26.2012 , 01:12 PM | #49
I'm currently Dark III and gaining but I do have around 1500 light points. I don't believe in killing everyone, some times it's better to capture people and torture them. Then there was the story on tatooine where the girl helps you, I couldn't kill her, I let her go. My agent believes in getting the job done, killing isn't always necessary.

Kevoisier
01.26.2012 , 04:41 PM | #50
I was mainly going lightside and then I got to Corellia. I'm still light III but I have quite a bit of darkside points from that planet