Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imperial Agents going Light Side?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Imperial Agents going Light Side?

leihn
01.25.2012 , 03:24 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
Try asking a slave if the Empire is neutral.

The republic aren't anti-slavery.

Caelrie
01.25.2012 , 03:39 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by leihn View Post
The republic aren't anti-slavery.
Slavery is illegal in the republic. It just doesn't get the enforcement it should. Plus, I didn't say the republic was good.

Reeny
01.25.2012 , 04:31 PM | #23
Lightside as IA just means that you work for the good of the Empire and not for the Sith or yourself.

Going Darkside means u want self-gain and/or work for the Sith.

MouseNoFour
01.25.2012 , 04:55 PM | #24
My Zophia is Light V at 48. Only problem i have had with my alignment is the idiots who play this game telling me how i ''should'' play.

Vanifae
01.25.2012 , 05:06 PM | #25
I am mostly light, with a smattering of Dark. My Sniper's philosophy is to support the Empire and the greater good and to hell with the Sith. He will dirty his hands when needed and tends to spare those he feels are worth sparing. Criminals and unrepentant terrorists tend to get a bullet in the head.

He does not think the Jedi are any better either though and feels the Republic at this juncture is misguided. Level 31, still in Act 1... damn you bonus missions plus PvP.

eveenus
01.25.2012 , 05:12 PM | #26
I have a full lightside agent

and let me saw the story is MUCH mroe itneresting that way

won't spoil it for you but i suggest all agents go light side, the alternative is kinda sameish to me

MustardPunk
01.25.2012 , 06:19 PM | #27
I would agree, Some of the light side options are really interesting. Even the NPC's are surprised by some of your choices.

And to those that get upset in flashpoints or groups that want you to pick dark, let them know when they start paying your sub you will pick any choice they want.
The force is like Duct Tape - it has a dark side, it has a light side, and it binds the universe together!

Thelooney
01.25.2012 , 07:29 PM | #28
There's an aesthetic appeal of the dark side I corruption (bright orange eyes), so I'm keeping my agent in the 1000-1900 dark side range. Works out greatly, story wise for me. Sometimes you just have to tie up loose ends.

Spatzimaus
01.25.2012 , 07:31 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanifae View Post
Criminals and unrepentant terrorists tend to get a bullet in the head.
I'd also add "people who betrayed/played me, personally" to that list, but pretty much the same for me. Light choices in most encounters, only going Dark when I decide that someone just needs to die.

The problem is that the writers weren't very consistent. In most encounters the light side option will be of the "capture, not kill" variety, which is a philosophy that makes perfect sense for an Agent; don't throw away a good tool simply out of spite, or for the fun of the kill; that's what the Sith do. So if your Agent believes in making the Empire a stronger power, the Light option is often superior, and it's fun to rub that in the faces of the Sith.

But then you have a few where the Light option is to let someone who's sworn to destroy the Empire go free, rather than kill them. It's nearly the exact opposite of the previous situation; only a complete idiot would let their enemies walk away just out of a sense of niceness when it can only serve to make the Republic stronger. So going pure-Light or pure-Dark just doesn't make a whole lot of sense, given this disparity.

Vallowen
01.25.2012 , 09:23 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by KonichiwaWitch View Post
I'm playing lightside with my IA too. Kaliyo and I have some issues : P
that stupid girl disagrees with everything i do ><