Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Vadar.. really bad??

Crompton
01.25.2012 , 11:11 AM | #1
All he done was fight for the love of his mother and the love of Padmé does that make him a bad bloke??

The Jedi council should of helped him instead of ignoring him and slating him for his actions...

I blame yoda

SammyRath
01.25.2012 , 11:26 AM | #2
Quote:
All he done was fight for the love of his mother and the love of Padmé does that make him a bad bloke??
By definition no, that does not make him bad. The methods he used trying to accomplish those goals however did. He was too obsessed with trying to save everyone he cared about to see the consequences of his actions.
While he did everything he did with the very best of intentions, he was blinded by his love for his mother, and wife, and the Dark side influence to actually see the bad in his actions.

Quote:
The Jedi council should of helped him instead of ignoring him and slating him for his actions...
They did help him, Yoda told him exactly what any Jedi already should know.
Yoda made it very clear in the movies that anger, hate, and fear lead to the Dark Side, hell It was one of the first things he told Anakin when they met on Coruscant. Anakin however failed to resist those feelings, despite the Jedi's guidance.

The result was his fall to evil.

Crompton
01.25.2012 , 11:37 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SammyRath View Post
By definition no, that does not make him bad. The methods he used trying to accomplish those goals however did. He was too obsessed with trying to save everyone he cared about to see the consequences of his actions.
While he did everything he did with the very best of intentions, he was blinded by his love for his mother, and wife, and the Dark side influence to actually see the bad in his actions.

Yoda made it very clear in the movies that anger, hate, and fear lead to the Dark Side, hell It was one of the first things he told Anakin when they met on Coruscant. Anakin however failed to resist those feelings, despite the Jedi's guidance.

I see what your saying but to me i think anyone would do that for the ones they love, to me Yoda has no heart. He always seems cold and just thinks everybodys bad cause he has no life.

SammyRath
01.25.2012 , 11:43 AM | #4
Quote:
anyone would do that for the ones they love
I see what you're saying, and don't get me wrong, short of doing the dishes I too would do a lot for the ones I love. But Anakin murdered defenseless children. Personally that's kinda where I draw the line, doing dishes and killing kids.

Quote:
, to me Yoda has no heart. He always seems cold and just thinks everybodys bad cause they have a life.
Yoda, and indeed everyone In the Jedi Order. You have to understand this Is the Jedi Code, It's the thing every Jedi in the order lives by. They do so for a reason, they don't allow such close intimate relationships because there's a risk every Jedi could pull a Vader. I.E. help enslave the entire galaxy, and kill children.

Agemnon
01.25.2012 , 11:46 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SammyRath View Post

Hey, those sandpeople got what they deserved, though the Jedi children didn't.

SammyRath
01.25.2012 , 11:50 AM | #6
Quote:
Hey, those sandpeople got what they deserved
I agree, that's why I didn't mention them along side the Jedi kids.
Anakin probably did the world a favor throwing a lightsaber wielding tantrum then, and there.

Crompton
01.25.2012 , 11:54 AM | #7
Tbh I forgot he butchered the kids in the jedi school, but it could of been prevented if the jedi helped him instead of slagging him off, thats the way i see it.

bleidlein
01.25.2012 , 11:55 AM | #8
They made darth vader look like a tantrum throwing spoiled brat in the new movies. Totally ruined his character. Calling him ani says it all. Seriously. Darth vader was a pretty boy spoiled brat?

SammyRath
01.25.2012 , 12:07 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by bleidlein View Post
Seriously. Darth vader was a pretty boy spoiled brat?
That's the second time I've seen that exact phrase used to describe him.
Do you honestly believe a Slave boy raised on a remote barren planet, and then taken into the Jedi order to be trained to avoid emotional attachments, and then falling in love with someone he could never be allowed to get emotionally involved with, and then loosing his arm, and getting thrown into a galaxy wide war that lasts for 3 years, only to be cut down loosing his legs, and remaining arm to his former best friend, then getting set on fire and spend the remainder of his days feared by everyone in-cased in a suit, and having to eat through a straw can be called a "pretty boy spoiled brat"?

Quote:
Tbh I forgot he butchered the kids in the jedi school, but it could of been prevented if the jedi helped him instead of slagging him off, thats the way i see it.
The Jedi helped him as much as they could, but they were limited by what their code allowed.

ShawnSixtyTwo
01.25.2012 , 12:15 PM | #10
Pure evil. Self-serving to the very end, too.

All the death and destruction he's responsible for is NOT redeemed by choosing not to let his own son be killed by the emperor.

I frequently have this argument with my wife, and I hold firm on this position - that even his final act of "goodness" was not without a bit of self-interest. Had Luke NOT been his own son things would have played out much different. No, his "redemption" is akin to Hitler (yeah, I went there...) leaving a suicide note that said "Sorry about the mess. I really just wanted to be loved".

As my favorite They Might Be Giants song says: "You can't shake the devil's hand and say you're only kidding."