Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion Quests

evilbeauty
01.25.2012 , 09:35 AM | #1
I was wondering. Do I have to have a certain companion active in order for him to level towards the next step in his quest line? I ask because I like Qzen Fess for his story line and some of his quests are fun and entertaining. I usually use though the Scientist with the hologram program Holiday (use for the CC and heals).

Wondering is Qzen working towards offering me another of his quests even though I have him suspended and am using the scientist? When I was using Qzen, I would get quests/conversations from him from time to time. Been using the scientist for a couple days now, and he has not offered me any at all. Also what is it that triggers the quests with the companions.

Thank You all for the information and see you in game.

evilbeauty
01.25.2012 , 10:33 AM | #2
Anybody any info, please?

gkshow
01.25.2012 , 10:39 AM | #3
I think so, yes.

I have an assasin and so far I haven't heard anything from the robot or Andr. Been using Khem Val since level 10.

Evilpuppy
01.25.2012 , 10:49 AM | #4
I do believe you need to have reached a cretin level of affection with your companion.

nethervoid
01.25.2012 , 11:04 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Evilpuppy View Post
I do believe you need to have reached a cretin level of affection with your companion.
I agree with Evil. I used to get lots of story from Khem Val when I was using him a lot, and gaining affection. Then I was using the DPS ranged guy for awhile, gaining affection, and I was getting story quests from him. Recently I just picked up the jedi companion, and am slowly gaining affection with her, and I just had the first story mission from her.

I think later in the game you can switch up your companions to max out their affection, and at those times you'll get their quest lines? Might be a little pointless as they'll be grey I think, but still fun for the story itself.

Or if you outlevel the quests do they still give them to you?
<Black Cloak> Black Vulkars PvP Server
SWTOR Money Making Guide: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=216241
SWTOR / World of Tanks Guides and Let's Plays
http://www.youtube.com/user/dungeongurunet

Erevan_Kindelar
01.25.2012 , 11:10 AM | #6
The companion quests are gated to your affection level with the companion, but also to your adventuring level. So if you are not using a particular companion but you want to advance their quest line, either start using them or you need to buy them gifts (the codex has information about which gift types each companion will like).
If your affection from a companion is < 2000, Rank 1 companion gifts are best. Each 2000 point increase above that increases the optimal gift rank by one (<4000 = Rank 2, <6000 = Rank 3, and so on).
There are a small number of quests with dialog choices that affect your standing with multiple companions, not just the one you are working with at that moment. But I think the companion has to be in attendance for the affection to gain effect, so those conversations will be ones where you are on your ship, I suspect.
I am telling the truth, honestly! I am as honest as the day is long! Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving.
Like most other subs, I have a Referral Link. Clicking it gets you some stuff, and me some stuff too.

Eternalnight
01.25.2012 , 11:13 AM | #7
You can just gain affection by giving them gifts

evilbeauty
01.25.2012 , 02:05 PM | #8
Thank guys, I appreciate the info.