Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enrage on Black Talon (Hard Mode)

Darth_Victus
01.25.2012 , 08:58 AM | #1
So, after running Black Talon on Hard Mode for a bit it feels that the boss enrages times are too short or even random at times.

After only 2 minutes into the fight with the final boss, she enraged and started killing everyone last night. Which seemed odd. Anyone else having this issue or also feels that the enrage times are a tad too short for beginning hard modes?

Weregildthegreat
01.25.2012 , 09:20 AM | #2
She always enrages on the 4th ground slam. That's about 80 seconds for 110K hp. Not unreasonable. If you're lucky you'll last another 15-20 seconds.

If you're finding it too hard to DPS, have everyone stand in melee range so she doesn't bounce around much, which will also allow the healer to drop an AoE heal and then DPS a bit. She doesn't hit hard so if you're finding your DPS to be a bit slow, have your healer help out some.

Taybul
01.25.2012 , 10:46 AM | #3
I think HM BT is often misconstrued as the easiest of the HMs simply because it was the first regular. If anything, that instance serves as an eye-opener to what hard mode means in this game. That first trash pull still scares me.

Iandayen
01.25.2012 , 10:49 AM | #4
My friends and I 3 manned hard mode BT the day we hit 50 - using a DPS companion in level 40 gear.

The instance is not hard whatsoever, we clear it in 10 minutes now with a full group.

Look at your DPS - if you are hitting enrage you are doing something wrong.

Raehj
01.25.2012 , 10:56 AM | #5
Eh, I hear you OP.

Most of BT is quite easy, as long as DPS interrupts and keeps up dps. We always seem to have last boss enrage a little bit on us, but as a healer I've mitigated initial enrage + 1shot leap by shielding everyone near the end constantly when able - usually prevents death, allows for us to finish.

It's messy but doable - much easier than many of the other HM FP's in my opinion.

Darth_Victus
01.25.2012 , 04:34 PM | #6
Dont get me wrong.

I am not saying Hard Mode Black Talon is impossible. I have completed it numerous times. I was just stating that the enrage timers for alot of the bosses seems too short for an entry level hard mode. I only call it entry level, because it is the first hard mode many players go to first.

Lymain
01.25.2012 , 04:46 PM | #7
I think it's fine, personally. Like another poster in this thread, my friends and I did the zone as fresh 50s using a companion for the fourth slot. The only problem we had was the bonus boss, but our setup was not optimal, our gear was lacking, and we knew it would be harder with a companion. I guess I'm glad we met at least some resistence in that situation.