Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When will there be a "SERVER MERGE?"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
When will there be a "SERVER MERGE?"

gizbug
01.25.2012 , 08:17 AM | #1
Seems like almost every server is low population. At Peak hours, there are not many people on any one server. Rift had this issue, and in the beginning, they shut down servers, and allowed people to merge to other servers. It's odd that it takes hours at lvl 50 for a PVP game to pop, as there is hardly anyone on the servers. They also need to implement CROSS REALM Ques. WOW did this, and was a huge success. For any new MMO not to include this off the bat, is beyond bizarre to me. I think Bioware is too focused on fixing bugs than getting these servers in line. Wish I never leveled on what is now a "Low POP" server, as most of the time I feel like this is a single player game.

Bioware, what say you?

Exzear
01.25.2012 , 08:18 AM | #2
every server on EU is atleast standard on prime time.. and alot of servers are heavy/full so you must be US?
█╬╬╬╬██████████████████████████████
www.youtube.com/Exzear

gizbug
01.25.2012 , 08:19 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Exzear View Post
l so you must be US?

Correct.

Bradykins
01.25.2012 , 08:21 AM | #4
Given the choice between heavily overpopulated, queued servers and too many medium pop servers, i'll take too many servers anyday. Getting online and actually getting anything done without people constantly kill stealing in desperation the first week was dreadful.

Wyer
01.25.2012 , 08:23 AM | #5
So BW get slated for having a low pop cap - they increase it and ppl slate them as their pop on the server is no longer ranked as high?

And now wanting to merge servers?
BW, imo and history of being involved with several mmos of the last 10 years, will not even consider a server merge so early after rel.

Also, to complain about them wanting to fix bugs etc instead of merging a server?

jedip_enguin
01.25.2012 , 08:25 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Exzear View Post
every server on EU is atleast standard on prime time.. and alot of servers are heavy/full so you must be US?
Standard means nothing, my server is standard and its still a hard task to get groups together due to lack of players.

And with faction imbalance meaning most servers are 2:1 Imp:Rep the situation is magnified for Republic players even on servers with supposedly good populations.

Bioware created too many servers, far too fast and diluted the population signifcantly and needlessly to keep early access queues down, and its come back to bite us all on the ***.
Click my link please, I'm almost out of Cartel coins - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

gizbug
01.25.2012 , 08:26 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Wyer View Post
So BW get slated for having a low pop cap - they increase it and ppl slate them as their pop on the server is no longer ranked as high?

BW, imo and history of being involved with several mmos of the last 10 years, will not even consider a server merge so early after rel.

Also, to complain about them wanting to fix bugs etc instead of merging a server?
Time for a reality check, chief. During prime time, over an hour for PVP to pop, going on planets and seeing 4, maybe 10 people on that planet? You don't think this is an issue? I'm paying for a MMO, where is the Mass Multiplayer? Move along, nothing for you to see in this topic obviously....

gizbug
01.25.2012 , 08:27 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by jedip_enguin View Post
Standard means nothing, my server is standard and its still a hard task to get groups together due to lack of players.

And with faction imbalance meaning most servers are 2:1 Imp:Rep the situation is magnified for Republic players even on servers with supposedly good populations.

Bioware created too many servers, far too fast and diluted the population signifcantly and needlessly to keep early access queues down, and its come back to bite us all on the ***.
Couldn't agree more.

Jswizzle
01.25.2012 , 08:31 AM | #9
my standard server has at least 1,000 people playing constantly.

The world is huge so they are spread out. I see no reason for a merge yet.

Woodspoon
01.25.2012 , 08:33 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Wyer View Post

This
Spot on Wyer
∑█╫╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬۝Ξ╣◣▀▀▀▀▀▀www.thenerfherders.co.uk▀▀▀▀▀▀