Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Online orders waiting for physical copy?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Online orders waiting for physical copy?

jugeum
12.14.2011 , 10:31 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by pyradius View Post
True enough on point number 2. But I am honestly a bit confused at point number 1. Perhaps I am just confused on when Walmart actually received the physical copies, but I am honestly at a loss how both parties would not have coordinated the arrival of the product. They had months of advanced knowledge to plan the deliveries. Why would Walmart arbitrarily choose the 20th or later as their shipping date? My belief is that they were told not to ship until the 20th for whatever reason...and that decision would have come from Bioware.

I would love a grace period, but it is my understanding that Bioware has eliminated this possibility. I would at least like to know why Bioware is against this idea. They could easily link the access to the grace period to whether you have a pre-order code validated on your account. This pre-order code was shipped to me over a month ago and I entered it into my account the day I received it. Surely this should be proof enough of purchase for Bioware to allow me a grace period. Hell I'd even pay for a grace period of 7 days at this point.
Wasn't bioeares decision. They actually planned for a grace period but EA turned it down.
"Always do whatever's next." -George Carlin

jugeum
12.14.2011 , 10:55 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by pyradius View Post
True enough on point number 2. But I am honestly a bit confused at point number 1. Perhaps I am just confused on when Walmart actually received the physical copies, but I am honestly at a loss how both parties would not have coordinated the arrival of the product. They had months of advanced knowledge to plan the deliveries. Why would Walmart arbitrarily choose the 20th or later as their shipping date? My belief is that they were told not to ship until the 20th for whatever reason...and that decision would have come from Bioware.

I would love a grace period, but it is my understanding that Bioware has eliminated this possibility. I would at least like to know why Bioware is against this idea. They could easily link the access to the grace period to whether you have a pre-order code validated on your account. This pre-order code was shipped to me over a month ago and I entered it into my account the day I received it. Surely this should be proof enough of purchase for Bioware to allow me a grace period. Hell I'd even pay for a grace period of 7 days at this point.
Wasn't bioeares decision. They actually planned for a grace period but EA turned it down.
"Always do whatever's next." -George Carlin

mikmak
12.14.2011 , 11:19 PM | #23
Hi all

Just to put in my 2 cents, I ordered my CE at the end of november and my retailer sent out the CE box so i received it on the 9th of december, this is in sweden.
This of course means that Bioware has actually been sending them oiut in advance so retailers can mail long before the 20th so people can receive them on time.
The unfortunate thing for Bioware is that retailers do not allways follow nor understand the instructions they are being given, and therefore not everyone mails is sent early enough.

Blaming Bioware for a couple of retailers not planning properly is pointless, since obviously some retailers did understand Biowares instructions and mailed it on time or earlier.

Below is my redeem history, so you can see i redeemed the actual Game on the 9th of december where i received me CE box.

Below is a list of valid Star Wars: The Old Republic codes that have been redeemed under this account.
12.09.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition
11.29.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch
11.29.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order

Have fun and i Hope wallmart do change their shipping so everyone gets it as soon as possible.

mikmak

rogruk
12.14.2011 , 11:22 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Rulyen View Post
Bioware has been negotiating with their retailers on earlier shipping dates to try and combat post-launch deliveries. Amazon has announced they will begin shipping the 15th, with deliveries guarenteed by the 19th at the earliest. Some people are getting emails stating delivery on the 16th.

ya mines say on the 16th. s im sure it will be shipped on the 15th and ill get it on the 16th if im correct lol
The Siths Shaw Rise Again

Viridian
12.15.2011 , 11:07 PM | #25
What's more suspicious is that I ordered a standard edition and a collectors edition at the same time. (We didn't need or want two statues, etc...)

Here's what I got in email from Wal-Mart tonight...

Quote:
our records indicate that the Star Wars: The Old Republic (PC) should arrive no later than 2011-12-20, and the Star Wars: The Old Republic Collector's Edition (PC/ Mac) should arrive at 2011-12-29. Please let us know if you experience any trouble with your orders, we would be happy to help you.
Did they over-sell their CE copies?

Holdt
12.15.2011 , 11:15 PM | #26
I don't know if any more are available, but last night Amazon had a few CE's back up for sale. I purchased another from there and intend to return my copy from Walmart if/when it arrives weeks later. If you have the funds to do so, that might be a viable option.