Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative Medical Therapy does not work

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Operative Medical Therapy does not work
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FadeLei
02.14.2012 , 09:46 PM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by Metalmac View Post
Anyone notice that any Operative complaints get a Dev to respond but for weeks not a single word to the Scoundrels yet?

Again proof the love for Imperials over Republic is very apparent. Hard to deny it....
The idea that bioware 'hates' Republic is absurd, as is the idea that BW hates Scoundrels/Ops (despite evidence to the contrary) 'because they all play sorcerers'

This game cost quite a few pounds to make and is not some playground for Bioware employees but a buisness thats geared to make as much money as possible.

Scoundrels / Operatives WILL be fixed/adjusted until these forums don't look like they do at the moment - 99% of posts stating how underpowered/useless we are.

How does that look to new players wanting to join the game and doing a little research on these boards?

I've already had people IM me in game asking if Operatives/Scoundrels really are as gimped as they've heard (i play both and like lots of others i have no interest in lightsaber classes)
So, already thats the reputation we're getting, which isn't good news for Bioware.
Less choice = BAD for buisness.

I honestly think that BW just dont know what to do with us at the moment so keep the ideas coming - but scattered amidst the threads of dissent perhaps

Daize
02.15.2012 , 04:06 AM | #242
tyvm for the update Georg, much appreciated.

Andreasus
02.15.2012 , 05:31 AM | #243
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Update: The fix for this is scheduled for weekly patch 1.1.4.

-- Georg
Thank you for taking care of us <3

I hope you will find some time to play this great class speced as healer.

We all (in this thread) love this class and hope you have an eye for the agents.
"No lesson is truly learned until it has been purchased with pain."
—Vergere

Thanks to GeorgZoeller

OverWind
02.15.2012 , 06:13 AM | #244
- removed -

I didn't see the post from the developer stating the same thing I just did

Arden
02.15.2012 , 06:50 AM | #245
Hey,

After developers make a post, it can take a while for it to show up in the thread at the point it was made. This is a known side effect of the communications pipeline (e.g. to allow the foreign language community reps to provide translations / updates to our international community for relevant topics), not some malicious way of us manipulating the past.

regards
Georg
Why would there need to be a 4 day delay in a post? That makes no sense at all. You really need a new system for this.

Dulark
02.15.2012 , 07:10 AM | #246
Since you SEEM to have kept atleast a bit track of this thread here George.
Would you mind giving operatives/scoundrels ANY kind of peace of mind such as "were planning on looking at operatives in patch 1.1.5" or "were well aware how badly operatives are performing in all aspects of the game"... ANYTHING!?

Amiable
02.15.2012 , 07:55 AM | #247
Update: The fix for this is scheduled for weekly patch 1.1.4.

-- Georg
Great new, thanks Georg! Hopefully we will hear more response from the Devs regarding Operative concerns in the near future...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
D'artagnan - Operative
Guildmaster - Sparkle Motion - Keller's Void

Oghier
02.15.2012 , 09:39 AM | #248
Quote: Originally Posted by FadeLei View Post
The idea that bioware 'hates' Republic is absurd, as is the idea that BW hates Scoundrels/Ops (despite evidence to the contrary) 'because they all play sorcerers'...
Your description of BW's incentives is spot-on. Presumably, they view the game as a business, and maximizing revenue is more important than coddling a pet class or two. Balancing classes and factions is in their interest.

However, the BW team contains many of the same devs from Warhammer. That game released with class balance issues of a similar magnitude (Bright Wizards!). Those gaps were addressed -- but it took years. Having played WH since release (heck, I'm still subbed out of nostalgia), any concerns about the TOR team seem entirely justified

It's not just the whether, but also the when. We'll have to wait and see how quickly BW reacts. As of the present, do we even know whether they are evaluating class balance? Is there someone on their team tasked to do that?
- Snit (IA Healer)
- Oghier (BH Tank)
Ven Zallow Server

Shimmer-Holler
02.15.2012 , 10:17 AM | #249
Hey,

After developers make a post, it can take a while for it to show up in the thread at the point it was made. This is a known side effect of the communications pipeline (e.g. to allow the foreign language community reps to provide translations / updates to our international community for relevant topics), not some malicious way of us manipulating the past.

regards
Georg
ROFL Seriously the best answer? How much of this game is really working as intended.

Tamanous
02.15.2012 , 11:35 AM | #250
Quote: Originally Posted by Shimmer-Holler View Post
ROFL Seriously the best answer? How much of this game is really working as intended.
Ya you didn't actually understand what he said did you?