Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Foundry - At last a challenging boss fight..BUT!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
The Foundry - At last a challenging boss fight..BUT!!

01.25.2012 , 04:41 AM | #1
One of my few criticisms of the game to date is the fact that the Flashpoint bosses I have met so far (I have done up to the Foundry) have been very basic tank-n-spank in the main.

That changed when our 4 man hit the Foundry and we met HK-47, the Assassin Droid. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't yet done it by describing the mechanics but suffice to say you need to do a lot more than just burn down the boss. Finally, a challenge for our group. We got him down on the 4th attempt and had that great feeling of really achieving something. Shame the rest of the bosses in the Foundry were the less than challenging norm.

Now here's the "but"....I'm wondering whether it was only really a challenge because our group (me as SW tank, 2 x SI - one pure dps and one dps and off heals, and a BH healer) was under levelled for the instance...3 of us were lvl 34 and one lvl 35. I believe it's a lvl 37+ flashpoint?

Bio need to do a bit more work on the Flashpoint bosses given that they have made such a big thing of the levelling process (which is great btw) . The Flashpoints are integral to that process IMHO, yet they seem to have skimped on the bosses. They obviously can do it...HK-47 proved that. They just need to spread that around a bit. I'm not saying every boss should have complicated mechanics....but 1 or 2 per Flashpoint would be nice.

01.25.2012 , 04:50 AM | #2
So far as i have seen (only did HM flashpoints and maybe 1 or 2 normals) a decent amount of mechanics in boss fight, and when you just get 50 and jump straight into the harmode flashpoints these mechancis will usually kill you.

It gets easier once you gather some gear, but the boss mechanics on hard are not as forgiving as on the normal modes.
Jupke Shagzwell
Freelance enterpreneur

01.25.2012 , 04:54 AM | #3
I was wondering whether HM would introduce new mechanics....ty for that. Something to look forward to.

01.25.2012 , 05:10 AM | #4
There aren't any new mechanics in HM, except enrage timers. HM flashpoints are still challenging since the already existing mechanics are less forgiving.

01.25.2012 , 05:54 AM | #5
Am I missing something then as of all the bosses I've met to date, only 3 have had any kind of mechanic beyond the basic calling in of adds that I can remember.

The 3 I'm talking about are: