Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Things about Star Wars that befuddle

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Things about Star Wars that befuddle

Krimian
12.14.2011 , 10:59 PM | #21
It's all a great big mess
Krimian

wilsonstone
12.14.2011 , 11:00 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by koopette View Post
Perhaps the bomb would've been spotted and destroyed by the Death Star's defenses before it even managed to reach the Death Star itself?
Yeah, that one is easy to handwave by your explanation and you'd at least think the empire had some kind of ECM that would make targetting it from a distance difficult to impossible. (targetting the vent that is)

jarjarloves
12.14.2011 , 11:04 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by saraphneo View Post
i never understood how padme ended up with anakin after he claimed to slaughter a whole village ..smh then in episode III says yor goin down a path i cant follow...doesnt add up i woulda force choked her too
yeah there is no reason the two of them should be together. Aside from them both being good looking there is never any real chemistry between the two of them.

It's a love story written by a middle school kid.

Meifeng
12.14.2011 , 11:12 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by wilsonstone View Post
..In Episode III, when Luke, Han and the gang are in the Death Star you will see a little black box like thing scooting up and down the hallways. At one point Chewie growls at it and makes it scurry off. What the hell is that thing supposed to be? An automated floor scrubber? OFr some reason it has always bugged me that I don't know what it is or what it was for. (a friend suggested maybe it was a courier, but, really? They don't need couriers, they can just digitally send messages, let alone call on the speaker/communicator microphone, etc) Dang it, what is that thing!?...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbBdixsqC3U

...Well, that monster didn't bother meas much as the giant snake monster in The Empire Strikes Back. You know the big square Cube law breaking one that the Millenium Falcom flew inside on the asteroid? How'd it get there? What does it eat? How could it have possibly evolved there?...
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Exogorth

In Episode IV when Luke is cleaning the droids and R2 begins playing Leia's message Luke asks who she is.

C3PO says he basiccally doesn't know, she was a passenger on the ship they were on.

But at the start of the movie he says to RD D2 "there will be no escape for the princess this time."

So he was either lying to Luke or they should have rewrote some lines.
Or C3P0 knew the princess was on the ship, but didn't know who she was.

Klemmins
12.14.2011 , 11:21 PM | #25
The things that irritate me most about the Star Wars series are the various instances that are identical to other instances.

Such as: Off the top of my head, I can think of six people/creatures that get their arm or hand chopped off.

A number of characters are thrown down large pits (some after having their arms cut off)

NOONE EVER STOPS SAYING "I've got a bad feeling about this" OR THE PHRASE "Only hope"

Also, there's no sound in space. I don't care what galaxy you're in, space is space. No sound.

Captain_Zone
12.14.2011 , 11:22 PM | #26
Thinking about all the plot holes in Star Wars is a quick way to give ya a headache, isn't it?
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Coratus
12.14.2011 , 11:34 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by AreaAffect View Post
Everyone knows carbonite burns through rope!

More to the point why did Luke look 19 in Ep4 and 47 in Ep5?

Don't care how hard he was partying after getting the gold medal in ya in Olympic!
When you have your cheekbone crushed in a car accident, see how good YOU look, hmm?

(Note: This actually happened. Mark Hamill broke his nose and left cheekbone in a car accident towards the end of filming for Episode IV)

Berlichtingen
12.15.2011 , 12:15 AM | #28
Ok, I will....Ewoks beat up imperial troops? Look, just like I like Star Trek but hated Voyager, I like Star Wars and I hated Return of the Jedi, mostly because of the damned Ewoks.
I'm with you on this one. I saw Star Wars (now New Hope) when it first hit the theaters and I was completely amazed. Some of the new shine had worn off by Empire Strikes Back, but that was ok because the story was actually better. Return of the Jedi, unfortunately, was the first movie where Lucas used part of the movie, wholly, as a marketing venue. The advertisement for the Ewok toys wasn't quite as blatant as the commercial of the Pod Racing game in Phantom Menace, but it was blatant enough.
----
Honestly, the best Jedi is a dead Jedi. The universe will be a better place when there are fewer people sitting around together, singing Kumbayah

BurlyBrute
12.15.2011 , 12:27 AM | #29
Here is my biggest question:

In Episode I (the easiest incident I remember) light sabers are used to cut open a big door. And it would appear as they are burning through it there is some sort of resistance, whereas, if you were using a welding torch one would be able to just move it freely. Kind of confusing I know, but hopefully you guys get what I mean.

-BB

Bohmfalk
12.15.2011 , 01:15 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by BurlyBrute View Post
Here is my biggest question:

In Episode I (the easiest incident I remember) light sabers are used to cut open a big door. And it would appear as they are burning through it there is some sort of resistance, whereas, if you were using a welding torch one would be able to just move it freely. Kind of confusing I know, but hopefully you guys get what I mean.

-BB
The door was really thick, you could cut through, remove, cut through, remove. Or you could use the lightsaber/force to melt the door down. Which would look a heck of a lot cooler.
The history of Jar Jar Binks after the PT:
Quote:
Vader sold him to Jabba, where he became malnourished and ended up having to feed from Jabba's scraps, and took the name Salacious B. Crumb.