Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Camera Sensitivity is Out of Control

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Camera Sensitivity is Out of Control

Wapner
12.14.2011 , 11:52 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by LordStark View Post
Surprised you have such problem with the Naga.

I use it as well and its working like a charm like it always has been in other Games.
I know that does not help you but it shows that others with same Mouse can Play with no problem.

Hope you find out soon what it is.

Regards
I can assure you it's not the mouse. The issue has occurred with 3 different mice now. I suppose it's possible that it's some hardware configuration I have (maybe my overclocked CPU, or maybe the particular video cards I have), but it's definitely not the mouse.

It has something to do with the mouse acceleration on the camera (which Bioware is infamous for putting in all of their games). I would like to just outright disable it, and use raw mouse inputs. Whoever invented mouse acceleration should be taken out to a forest and shot. :P The main reason I'm fairly certain it is mouse acceleration is that the faster I move the mouse, the more drastic the effect becomes.

I searched through all the files and found a .ini file, but it had nothing about mouse controls in it. The issue also seems to change based on several factors. At one minute it's fine, then after strafing if I face another direction quickly, it gets really bad. Other times it's just all around terrible with nothing to associate with it. I've also noticed quite a few times I'll be running along and looking around, then the camera will instantly face the sky or ground, even though I didn't move the mouse up or down...

I'm not 100% certain what it is, but I'm pretty sure it's the software and not my system...otherwise I'd experience the problem in more than one game.

Since the forum CM's insisted on moving my post out of the customer support forums, I have opened an in game ticket. Here's hoping that I actually get a reply.

Animalfarm
12.14.2011 , 11:59 PM | #22
I also had this problem all through the last beta weekend. Best of luck with your support ticket!

icetronix
12.15.2011 , 12:00 AM | #23
I have the same issue and so do 2 other people i play with, we all have different mice and hardware. It is crappy but the only thing u can do is set it to its lowest setting and try and get used to it. I play with my naga at 4800X 5000Y in all games and the camera moves about 4 times faster in SWTOR then any other game i play.

Okishib
12.15.2011 , 12:06 AM | #24
not trying to jack your thread but i have the same issue i think - i use the naga mmo mouse with the 12 buttons on the side saem mouse? anyway i have mine set at 500 dpi and the camera is nutz - i came from galaxies where u could toggle the mouse mode - is that not possible in this game? how the hell are you supposed to move around with any accuracy?

Wapner
12.15.2011 , 12:23 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Okishib View Post
not trying to jack your thread but i have the same issue i think - i use the naga mmo mouse with the 12 buttons on the side saem mouse? anyway i have mine set at 500 dpi and the camera is nutz - i came from galaxies where u could toggle the mouse mode - is that not possible in this game? how the hell are you supposed to move around with any accuracy?
I wouldn't consider this jacking my thread, since it's the exact issue I'm having. I have asked in the ticket if there's a way to disable the acceleration, or further lower the sensitivity (even if it's something more advanced like an INI tweak, I'm OK with that.

Here's something interesting I just noticed: I obviously make videos, as you can probably tell from the youtube links and my channel :P....When recording the effect gets about 2x worse than when not recording. It is still too sensitive when running normally, though. This would lead me to believe it may have something to do with CPU usage multiplying the effect of the acceleration or something like that? The only thing that my recording software uses is the CPU and HDD's, that my game isn't even on. So I can't think of anything else.

Okishib
12.15.2011 , 12:29 AM | #26
ok can you explain your problem to me so i can try to recreate - i am having second thoughts on this game now as the movement is plain retarted - tell me how to move so i can understand what you mean exactly left mouse right mouse...

Wapner
12.15.2011 , 12:39 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Okishib View Post
ok can you explain your problem to me so i can try to recreate - i am having second thoughts on this game now as the movement is plain retarted - tell me how to move so i can understand what you mean exactly left mouse right mouse...
I right click and hold it down to move the camera. It's that simple. Just moving the camera while holding down the right mouse button is near impossible to control without using super-minute movements.

Just watch the videos in the first post. :P

Wapner
12.15.2011 , 12:49 AM | #28
I've been noticing more on this. I have vsync turned on, and run at 60FPS constant, most of the time. Anytime I'm in an area where my FPS dips (even slightly) the mouse sensitivity seems to go up. The camera is hard to control in cities, and easier to control out in the open.

Baltraseic
12.15.2011 , 01:01 AM | #29
i haven't had a problem with my razer yet but i would make sure there is no hair or anything in or by the eye if it is dropping to the floor or pointing straight up at random odd times as i had that issue on another optic mouse once

Sicae
12.15.2011 , 01:07 AM | #30
This was a known issue during beta, and I was spinning around in the same fashion. Only thing that ever worked for me was going into windows mouse properties. I didn't have to lower it as much as you seem to have done.....but it was a pain