Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Playable and Companion species suggestion checklist thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Playable and Companion species suggestion checklist thread

Vitas
08.07.2012 , 07:34 PM | #321
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post
In short, my participation in this thread boils down to this - this thread is akin to simply listing the word "everything" on a Christmas present list for Santa. Not only is the request unreasonable in and of itself, it is supremely unhelpful when your pare-- *ahem* Santa is attempting to get you a few presents. It is even more unhelpful when certain guidelines have been laid down for you to help in your selection, and you flippantly disregard and trivialize that input.

"We can get you two Transformers for Christmas, little Johnny. Which would you like?"
"I'D LIKE ANY OF THE TOYS, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHICH!"
Even if your feedback isn't motivated by unreasonable greed and rather uncompromising acceptance of anything thrown your way, there comes a point at which flooding the developers with that feedback renders it completely unusable.

The entire thread becomes an exercise in futility when you fail to inject a little reason and realism into your expectations, and moreover it ceases to become a source of feedback for the developers when you disregard or dismiss anything they've said on the topic, and when said feedback is so wide and encompassing that you may as well link them a list of all the species in the franchise.

Focus is needed.
Well we know we wont get everything all at once but still it's better to hope than to despair. Anything is possble but of course it'll take time and once Cathar is implemented, it will be interesting to see what will be revealed after. For now we can just keep posting with an open mind and talk about other possible additions for the future.
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

CelCawdro
08.08.2012 , 08:13 AM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitas View Post
Well we know we wont get everything all at once but still it's better to hope than to despair. Anything is possble but of course it'll take time and once Cathar is implemented, it will be interesting to see what will be revealed after. For now we can just keep posting with an open mind and talk about other possible additions for the future.
The realm of possibility and the realm of likelihood are two very different places. Nowhere have I stated that am I in a state of "despair." Quite the opposite, really. I merely have realistic expectations - expectations that are in line with developer comments on this particular topic. There is still a lot of leeway given what they've stated, but this thread simply goes too far beyond that and renders itself moot simply because it is so encompassing.

Moudama
08.29.2012 , 07:27 PM | #323
I go with Togruta. I really want this raise to be a playable character in the game as a main story character.

MythicAsura
09.02.2012 , 01:23 PM | #324
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitas View Post
When selecting them, I made sure that they wouldn't be conflicting already existing canon so you can have another read through. Most of them don't feature their date of discovery so as you can see, it could be any time. Already before SWTOR was released, the Essential Atlas showed the area of space where the Kaleesh and Rattataki lived as not being discovered until much later but here we see them. Most of these things can be due to the Ruusan Reformation which lead to a lot of species, locations and technology becoming forgotten until the time of the Clone Wars and the Galactic Civil War.

We've already discussed this earlier and that "majority" is a minority. Heaps of players have voiced their opionion stating they wouldn't mind playing a spceies that couldn't speak basic and just featured subtitles, as long as they were available.

That's not really a problem. Already players have found ways to troll others with the current available selection of species.
Oh hell no, Im not reading subtitles. If they added none basic speaking races id quit the game entirely. Hell the fact i dont have to read **** is the whole point of me playing this game other than being a epic fan. if i wanted to read id go buy the latest forgotten realms book.Make me read and ill leave you for Guild Wars 2.

alexfeller
09.09.2012 , 07:11 AM | #325
It would be nice to have ithorians… as they are very alien. I really want to play as an ithorian Bounty hunter or sith but they are pacifist species so they wouldn't be sith… unfortunately. Would also like to see chagrian and Togruta.
Jhabevoy Mandokar: Cyborg bounty hunter, the Progenitor
Make ithorian SITH LORDS!!!

Vitas
09.14.2012 , 08:07 PM | #326
Quote: Originally Posted by alexfeller View Post
It would be nice to have ithorians… as they are very alien. I really want to play as an ithorian Bounty hunter or sith but they are pacifist species so they wouldn't be sith… unfortunately. Would also like to see chagrian and Togruta.
A majority of Ithroians were pacifists but there some were known to become Bounty Hunters, Smugglers and Jedis. Your character could be perceived as an outcast of the species.
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

DarthCi_SMC
09.26.2012 , 06:30 AM | #327
Togruta would be absolutely great. But only, if you get all the facial options available for humans for them and not only the Twi'lek faces

Torgru
09.26.2012 , 07:58 AM | #328
I'm sure it might've been said, or no one cares to hear, I just wanted to point one thing out.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookiee

"George Lucas has decreed that there can be no more Wookiee Jedi in the Expanded Universe."

Behind the Scenes section, first line of paragraph three. And BioWare is sort of trying to not break canon, and has stated a stance against wookiees in the past as a playable race.

On that note, I would kill to have Togruta and Nautolans.

Vitas
09.27.2012 , 03:47 AM | #329
Quote: Originally Posted by Torgru View Post
I'm sure it might've been said, or no one cares to hear, I just wanted to point one thing out.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookiee

"George Lucas has decreed that there can be no more Wookiee Jedi in the Expanded Universe."

Behind the Scenes section, first line of paragraph three. And BioWare is sort of trying to not break canon, and has stated a stance against wookiees in the past as a playable race.

On that note, I would kill to have Togruta and Nautolans.
Yes I'm not sure you read the whole section, particularly the bottom half:

"George Lucas has decreed that there can be no more Wookiee Jedi in the Expanded Universe.[17][18] Notably, Obsidian Entertainment was forbidden to make Hanharr a Dark Jedi because of this restriction. Kirlocca, Lowbacca, and Tyvokka are the only existing Wookiee Jedi characters (though an unnamed Wookiee in Edge of Victory: Conquest appears to be an unknown Jedi student rather than Lowbacca), as they were developed before this policy was enacted. The Dawn of the Jedi series which was published years after the policy was enacted introduced the Wookiee Je'daii Ruhr. Whether this decree is still in place remains to be unknown."

I believe BioWare has yet to ask them. Not to mention if a Wookiee option was available for any class, it would be entirely non-canon.

Brunnis_G
10.04.2012 , 12:49 PM | #330
Quote: Originally Posted by MythicAsura View Post
Make me read and ill leave you for Guild Wars 2.
Did anyone else almost choke to death laughing at this?