Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Playable and Companion species suggestion checklist thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Playable and Companion species suggestion checklist thread

boatonthesea
06.11.2012 , 07:19 PM | #241
You know, here's a good one. The best part is, its 100% certified grade A canon.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jeby

Good luck Bioware, please and thank you very much.

Wolfninjajedi
06.11.2012 , 07:28 PM | #242
Shistavanens.
======

Can speak basic

They could be both factions

Could be pretty much any class seeing as legacy allowed species to be classes, that wouldn't actually fit.

They could wear clothing that a normal human could wear(save for the head, hands and feet but you could just not have them show like they do with certain companions.)
=========

Before anyone says it, they have been around before Worgens being in ANH(so they are G-canon). Also heres some screenshots, putting them as not so weird and could be possible.

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...9,r:0,s:0,i:75 - Voovif Monn, jedi master during the clone wars(is seen in the short Clone Wars animated show.)

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...9,r:1,s:0,i:78 (Showing that they can wear clothes, a human could. At least pants/shirt, bracers possibly seeing as Voovif could wear em.)

The only real issue here, is MAYBE their snouts but its not like Bioware could tweak them slightly and make them shorter so that romance scenes wouldn't be such a hassle. They could also trim down the fur a little bit too, I wouldn't mind that.

Last but not least, they haven't really appeared in any SW games as of yet. This could give BW the chance, to introduce a new species and make it interesting rather then the same old (twi'lek, human, chiss, etc) not to say the others aren't unique. But this could make the game more diverse with choices, in how players could look and such.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

RedFox
06.12.2012 , 12:08 AM | #243
I want Duros for Trooper and Bounty Hunter classes. They're iconic, kissable, already in the game and not too hard to implement as a playable species

RangKer
06.13.2012 , 12:50 PM | #244
Would love to see DEFEL as s playable race option(s) as well the common trendy ones.

I feel they would easily fit great in with Sith Inq. / Jedi Cons. Bounty Hunter / Trooper and I.A. / Smugglers; their lore fits in with these classes very well and there is already way too many buff/sexy toons, even fat/large male and female characters are way attractive.

It's really the time for Short / Stumpy and fugly to make it's come back.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Defel
[ S Y N E X U S ]
[ D E V A R O N I A N ]

Destoroyah
06.13.2012 , 02:11 PM | #245
there are a few times race and dialogue are unique like with my chiss agent a few times the chiss acendrency is mentioned and one time I was asked to frame another chiss and my race had a influence, but most the time they can get away with the same dialogu options as if your race plays a factor in the dialogue the referrence is broad enough to not nitpick what race you are.

Vitas
06.13.2012 , 07:54 PM | #246
Quote: Originally Posted by Destoroyah View Post
there are a few times race and dialogue are unique like with my chiss agent a few times the chiss acendrency is mentioned and one time I was asked to frame another chiss and my race had a influence, but most the time they can get away with the same dialogu options as if your race plays a factor in the dialogue the referrence is broad enough to not nitpick what race you are.
Exactly, for most soecies like Wookiee and Duros, we'd assume that some dialogue changes like you've pointed out with Chiss would be made. Whilst many believe that they wont get added eventually because of the time it would take make these changes, not to mention develop the armor sets and 3D models, as long as we let BioWare know that we'll be patient then they might eventually add them.

We understand that most of them would not be able to speak basic or maybe make romantic progress with some of the companions and we simply don't mind that, that is for those who'd want to play as them which last I checked was most of the player base.
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

Destoroyah
06.13.2012 , 08:10 PM | #247
too tell the truth it's amazed me that they still haven't taken the time to take the extra little time it takes to make proper versions of the headgear for twi'leks, and have instead taken a lazier route by removing options that used to be there.
Personally I'd like to see rodians and mon calimari, but not holding my hopes up if they can't take the effort with twileks.

Uthizzan
06.13.2012 , 08:12 PM | #248
I'd like Kaleesh and Trandoshans as alternate races, though the voices would be problematic.

Vitas
06.13.2012 , 09:13 PM | #249
Quote: Originally Posted by Uthizzan View Post
I'd like Kaleesh and Trandoshans as alternate races, though the voices would be problematic.
I'm not sure how hard it would be to maybe alter the existing voices with some sort of voice distorter to sound as if a Trandoshan or Kaleesh was saying it but if not, I'm sure there's some sort of other alternative. Even if it means only being able to speak non-basic then that will do to help bring those species one step closer to being playable.
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

Izorii
06.14.2012 , 12:19 AM | #250
Quote: Originally Posted by Uthizzan View Post
Most of the Kaleesh in gae speak basic and sound humnan. As for Trandoshan I think its only BW who decided they can't speak basic nothing in lore seems to suggest this, and they may have done it just for money saving. Half way through the republic story I noticed all the Twi'lek can't speak basic any more and only 2 or 3 Kel'dor seem to speak basic and the other speak alien but we know that species can speak basic.