Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Playable and Companion species suggestion checklist thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Playable and Companion species suggestion checklist thread

Cavesk
06.05.2012 , 12:26 PM | #231
I'm seeing that the Selonians are available as Jedi. This is troublesome, as the lore for the species makes it clear that Selonians are not eligible for Jedi status. I could see a Bounty Hunter, Smuggler, and Imperial Agent however. Perhaps a Sith Inquisitor as well, as they are slaves. However, I don't see Sith Warrior, Jedi Knight, or Jedi Consular working because they require the Selonian who is a force user to become a member of a foreign agency officially. The Imperial Agent works as a spy (and the various cover stories you use work well, as any renegade Selonian would need to be very renegade.

However, a Selonian Jedi or Soldier doesn't work so well because Selonians tend to be pretty insular and isolationist. There's also the problem that the fertile males would be pretty rare off planet/outside of the Corellian system. Any Selonian character would need at least a little dialogue in their prologue explaining why they're not on Selonia, unfortunately. As much as I want to play a Selonian Sage, it doesn't seem like it would work very well as a player species.

Bothans are listed as having Trooper and Jedi Knight, which seems a little inconsistent with Bothans. I can definitely see the Imperial Agent (Bothan Spynet, anyone?) and the Jedi Consular though. I'd be interested to see how Bioware made everyone's favorite llamadog spies as models in the game. The new image of Cathar suggests that it could be quite good if they worked at it.

Vitas
06.05.2012 , 12:36 PM | #232
Quote: Originally Posted by Cavesk View Post
I'm seeing that the Selonians are available as Jedi. This is troublesome, as the lore for the species makes it clear that Selonians are not eligible for Jedi status. I could see a Bounty Hunter, Smuggler, and Imperial Agent however. Perhaps a Sith Inquisitor as well, as they are slaves. However, I don't see Sith Warrior, Jedi Knight, or Jedi Consular working because they require the Selonian who is a force user to become a member of a foreign agency officially. The Imperial Agent works as a spy (and the various cover stories you use work well, as any renegade Selonian would need to be very renegade.

However, a Selonian Jedi or Soldier doesn't work so well because Selonians tend to be pretty insular and isolationist. There's also the problem that the fertile males would be pretty rare off planet/outside of the Corellian system. Any Selonian character would need at least a little dialogue in their prologue explaining why they're not on Selonia, unfortunately. As much as I want to play a Selonian Sage, it doesn't seem like it would work very well as a player species.

Bothans are listed as having Trooper and Jedi Knight, which seems a little inconsistent with Bothans. I can definitely see the Imperial Agent (Bothan Spynet, anyone?) and the Jedi Consular though. I'd be interested to see how Bioware made everyone's favorite llamadog spies as models in the game. The new image of Cathar suggests that it could be quite good if they worked at it.
Some Selonians have been known to be force-sensitive, though not many. One example is Zonder, a Selonian who became a Jedi. Whilst we may not see many Jedi or Sith Selonians, remember that the player's species is in no way canonical.

There have been some Bothans who'd become Jedi. For example Glynn-Beti, Kai Hudorra and Knol Ven'nari.
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

Waters
06.05.2012 , 06:09 PM | #233
I want to play Rodian. I could care less if I could understand him. I can read the subtitles.
Quote: Originally Posted by Altyrell View Post
How in the Twin Suns of Tatooine would any of us know the answer to that?

Cavesk
06.06.2012 , 12:26 PM | #234
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitas View Post
Some Selonians have been known to be force-sensitive, though not many. One example is Zonder, a Selonian who became a Jedi. Whilst we may not see many Jedi or Sith Selonians, remember that the player's species is in no way canonical.

There have been some Bothans who'd become Jedi. For example Glynn-Beti, Kai Hudorra and Knol Ven'nari.
Bothans are unlikely to be Troopers in the way in which the Republic Trooper is a soldier. You don't run into many in the canon who are more than schemers and officers, and the ones you do run into are generally operatives and pilots. For the same reason, a Bothan Jedi Knight is remarkably less likely than a Jedi Consular.

As to Selonians, while Zonder is a good example (and one I've used as an excuse to play them in tabletop :3 ) an exception doesn't automatically disprove the rule. Like I said, I don't see the Selonians becoming Jedi except in extremely rare, even unique cases. It would require at least some work around, some explanation, if it wasn't a legacy unlock (in which case you're not assumed to be one by the story anyway, so it's your own fault for playing it, now isn't it?)

And now for something completely different: Turian Imperial Agents. Then we can make the best snipers on the Citadel.

boatonthesea
06.07.2012 , 08:15 PM | #235
Right off the bat, that's an impressive list. And its great to see that Bioware is going to add more species like the players want. Cathar aren't the most obvious choice but I appreciate whatever I can get. I feel like the more species they add, the closer they come to truly creating an authentic universe. Filar-nitzan... I can't even imagine that as a species, but if it was used I'd be soundly impressed. But more than anything, I'd like to see the Starweird in the game. As enemies, fantastic. As companions, mind-blowing.

tornadodude
06.10.2012 , 11:04 PM | #236
JAWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jawa_smil e: :j awa_smile::jaw a_smile::jawa_ smile::jawa_sm ile:

Popcornap
06.11.2012 , 06:49 AM | #237
Everything about this game has been really impressive and I look forward to all of the new features to come. However, anytime ITHORIANS could be made playable would be absolutely amazing! An ITHORIAN JEDI CONSULAR would ideal

StevoUK
06.11.2012 , 09:10 AM | #238
The one great thing with cannon & Star Wars is the huge timeline involved allowing for some changes in how species are developed. An example is the Sand People, believed to be once a great technological race being reduced to almost primative tribes.

So if much isn't mentioned in other media about certain races in the Old Republic era, then within reason the rules can differ, considering how even our own society & human genetic traits available changes within decades, its not hard to change.
The force is what you make it, a tool or a weapon.

The_Old_One
06.11.2012 , 09:31 AM | #239
I always want to play as a droid.

I suppose in that case I can finally romance Scorpio.

Vitas
06.11.2012 , 06:46 PM | #240
Quote: Originally Posted by Popcornap View Post
Everything about this game has been really impressive and I look forward to all of the new features to come. However, anytime ITHORIANS could be made playable would be absolutely amazing! An ITHORIAN JEDI CONSULAR would ideal
Whilst unlike Zeltron and Falleen it would take a long time for Ithorian and Wookiee to be added due to not being able to speak basic, changes in dialogue and armor designs; but as long as the devs acknowledge they'll eventually be added in the future, then I'm happy.
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game: