Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rotations for a Mercenary (Bounty Hunter)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Rotations for a Mercenary (Bounty Hunter)

GinnRummy
01.24.2012 , 05:39 PM | #1
I just got to lvl 40 and now have Heat-seeker missiles.
where should i insert them in my rotation???
Normal rotation

Tracer Missile
Unload
Tracer Missile
Heatseeker missile
Rail shot
Unload (whenever Barrage proc's)

I know i am a little per-mature (insert joke here) on my HS and Railshot with only 4 TM stacked on it.
So i am open to suggestions please let me know your rotations and why?
I never really use Powershot is it worth it?
Thanks for your incite.
When you Mix Star Wars + Football = www.MEFL.us

It is all True if Star Wars was REAL www.iswwr.com

GinnRummy
01.24.2012 , 07:42 PM | #2
Bump it
When you Mix Star Wars + Football = www.MEFL.us

It is all True if Star Wars was REAL www.iswwr.com

Kadin
01.24.2012 , 08:22 PM | #3
Here's my rotation, the initial part at least...

Tracer x 3
HSM
Tracer x 2
Railshot
Unload (when proc)

Phaentom
01.24.2012 , 08:24 PM | #4
PvP (basic rotation, no melee's in your business):

TM
TM
HSM
Unload(if barrage proc'd, if it didnt use after 3rd TM)
~If 40% or more use TM
~If low use Rail, if 25% or more use TM

PvE:

Single standard or strong enemy-
TM
HSM
~Rapid shot if standard, Unload if strong

Single elite or champion-
TM
TM
HSM
Unload
Electrodart
Shield
TM
TM
Unload if barrage proc'd
TM
HSM
Rail Shot
Vent
TM
Jet Boost
Unload if barrage proc'd

Tight packed standard enemies-
Fusion Missile
Sweeping Blasters
Ex Dart
mop up with rapid shots

spread out standard or strong enemies-
Death from above
Ex Dart
-tab HSM
-tab unload
-tab rapid shots

I liberally mix in rocket punch in pretty much all of these.

ugig
01.24.2012 , 08:33 PM | #5
Heatseeker should be used on cooldown when these situations are met: 1st, have 5 heat sig debuffs on the enemy, and 2nd using it will not put you over 40 heat total.

If you have both of those as a positive then you should be using HSM as soon as its available. If those situations are not present you need to be filling in whatever you have to to make them present. (popping rail shot would be considered getting your heat in line since its a lower heat cost than pretty much anything but rapid shots, unload is almost a free attack if not a negative heat attack since if your heat is below 40 by the end of the channel time for unload you will have lost about the same heat as it cost, and if you crit you lose more heat.)

Flintfire
12.27.2012 , 11:48 AM | #6
For elite bosses and a single player in PvP with no one else around
Concussion Missile:lets you get ready with other abilities
Explosive Dart: wont undo concussion missiles effect until it explodes, giving you a few seconds
Fusion Missile:Should finish charging up and hit right after explosive dart explodes
Unload
TM
TM
TM
Railshot
Unload( should be reset by the earlier tracer missiles)
Powershot

If they close in as melee, use this rotation once they close in
Rocket Punch
Unload
Electro Dart
Railshot
Flamethrower
Jet Boost
Concussion Missile(use after the slowing effect of jet boost ends. This will give you a few seconds to recuperate and start the charging attacks like tracer missile, fusion missile or such.)

Useful yet underused attacks:
Concussion missile( useful in beginning an attack rotation as it gives time for charging attacks or holding off melee)
Missile Blast( a little heavier on the heat and not as strong as other missile attacks, it can be used while running so a good attack as a parting gift when you are jumping off a platform to escape or a running target has little health left.)
Flamethrower( a steady lifelowering attack, use on stronger enemies with below 10% health or when facing two or more attacking another player)
Sweeping Blasters( highest attack on heat, but when facing a mob of people who took a beating from attacks like Death from above or fusion missile, especially while fighting your own tankers, this attack can mow down other players, but use very wisely, as it can really increase your heat.)
Infyrno/Infyrnex Infyrnus/Infyrnal
Leiptr Venaticus
Slaughtor Evisceran/Karrnivore
Sleipe/Medyc Desolus/Tyrantix

GM of Oblivion

Henu
12.27.2012 , 05:55 PM | #7
PVP is a lot harder and it all depends on the situation.. personally i dont use a rotaion

IF im sneaking up on someone i start with TM sure.. but if they have me targeted i use the sticky grenade then HSM.. a few have said "Oh HSM is only good with the TM stack" but i say BS to that.. if you inflict enough damage to a player in PVP off the bat then if puts them on the back foot right away.
Also dont under estimate auto fire. you can still hit up to 2 -3k damage with that.

Use little combo's like rocket punch (move back) TM x 1 then if they are still after you i then go instant stun, sticky, TM and then HSM.
But to be honest its all about being starter than the other person. But practice Rocket punch +TM combo.
:sy_bountyhunter ::sy_bountyhunte r::sy_bountyhunt er::sy_bountyhun ter::sy_bountyhu nter::sy_bountyh unter::sy_bounty hunter::sy_bount yhunter::

GhostDrone
12.27.2012 , 06:31 PM | #8
This is what i've been using on both my Commando and Mercenary (Gunnery and Arsenal).

Tracer X3.

Heatseeker.

Unload.

Rail shot.
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly.

It's the honest ones you want to watch out for. Because you can never predict when they're gonna do something incredibly stupid.

StefanTOR
12.27.2012 , 07:30 PM | #9
Tracer Missile for 5 stacks of Heat Signature, Power Barrier and Tracer Lock.
Unload when Barrage procs from Tracer Missile.
Heatseeker Missiles when it's off cooldown and you have 5 stacks of Heat Signature.
Railshot when it's off cooldown and you have 5 stacks of Tracer Lock.

That's it as far as single target goes. Use a Thermal Sensor Override in there with Vent Heat to keep heat low.

For AOE Death From Above is the best, but Sweeping Blasters is pretty good too.

Henu
12.27.2012 , 10:35 PM | #10
So yeah there is a huge difference between PVE and PVP rotations.
:sy_bountyhunter ::sy_bountyhunte r::sy_bountyhunt er::sy_bountyhun ter::sy_bountyhu nter::sy_bountyh unter::sy_bounty hunter::sy_bount yhunter::