Neutral GTN: Nar'Shaddaa

Grecanis

I'm curious as to how many of you know about it and use it.

I don't know why, but it seems that most of the schematics for modable gear that I either loot of find on same faction GTN's are usually for the opposite faction. Which means if I want to sell it I need to offer it to the opposite faction. Nar'Shaddaa is the only place I know to do that.

The problem is (on Shadow Hand at least) I never see folks using it and I've only moved two items in a week. I've even dropped prices well below reasonable.

I know one of the issues with it is the distance between the spaceport and it's location on the Lower Promenade, and that there is no convenient cantina nearby.

So how about it ...do many of you know about/use the neutral GTN on Nar'Shaddaa to outfit your characters/companions?

My empire cunning users do ...thier lowbie gear is just so butt-ugly.

Edited by Grecanis

So I think there are many problems with the Nar Shaddaa GTN. First, as you've said, I don't think many people know it exists.

Second, I would guess many of those who do know it exists do not realize it's different from the one on their capital or in the fleet.

Third, since the population is so imbalanced on many servers, there's not many Republic to be doing the buying from Imperial players in the first place. Add to that the first two conditions above, and you've got a pretty small pool of buyers.

Finally, Nar Shaddaa is neither the most interesting nor most useful place in the game, so taking the time to travel all the way there just to check a GTN when I can just teleport to the fleet is rather off-putting. Chances are what I'm looking for, I'll find on the fleet. If I can't find it on the fleet GTN, I'm probably not going to find it on Nar Shaddaa either.

I didn't even realize that nar shada was neutral. There's nothing that really makes it stand out. As it is I wouldn't expect it to be very popular. Wows neutral AH's are generally just used for people to send over pets and money to their opposing faction alts.

Part of the problem is that people keep calling it the GTN. The neutral market is called the Hutt Cartel Trade Network, not the Galactic Trade Network.

Anyways, I'd be more likely to use it if it had a 7-day auction time given the reduced traffic.

Edited by sangreal

I didn't even realize that nar shada was neutral. There's nothing that really makes it stand out. As it is I wouldn't expect it to be very popular. Wows neutral AH's are generally just used for people to send over pets and money to their opposing faction alts.

Tryed That once years ago - it Wouldent allow you to transfer/buy same thing from Alliance-Hord Charter,

Unlike Swtor - i sent over 60k to start my Empire charater.

Finally, Nar Shaddaa is neither the most interesting nor most useful place in the game, so taking the time to travel all the way there just to check a GTN when I can just teleport to the fleet is rather off-putting. Chances are what I'm looking for, I'll find on the fleet. If I can't find it on the fleet GTN, I'm probably not going to find it on Nar Shaddaa either.

This I totally agree with. Add to that the overthought, repetitive travel system and it's even more of a pain.

but ..it has been good to me also. The only same faction orange schem's I have were bought there ;)

there needs to be more awareness about the GTN, and the Hutt Market. also, the market interface needs to drastically improve.

i also like the idea of the Nar Shaddaa market allowing for 7 day market orders to compensate for the lack of volume, along with a more convenient market location, and marketing for the market, if that makes any sense (to spread awareness that this market even exists in teh first place!).

i think so much more can be done to Nar Shaddaa to encourage more people to hang out on the planet.

Edited by Darth_Gao_Gao

Part of the problem is that people keep calling it the GTN. The neutral market is called the Hutt Cartel Trade Network, not the Global Trade Network.

Anyways, I'd be more likely to use it if it had a 7-day auction time given the reduced traffic.

HTCN ..ok :)

I love that 7 day idea! ...they could change it back if it starts getting busy.

They really should put the neutral GTN on your ship as like a "black market" atleast then it wouldn't be a completely pain in the rear to go and sell items to the other faction that are for the other faction.

There should be a market kiosk in your ship but it shouldn't function unless you are in orbit of a planet that has a GTN.

For example, if you orbit your fleet, you should be able to access your factions GTN from your ship. If you orbit Nar Shaddaa, you should be able to access the Hutt network from your ship. If your orbit a remote planet with no GTN access, then the kiosk on your ship wouldn't connect you to anything.

Edited by Soul_of_Flames

Or you could search either market from your ship, and buy items. But you actually have to go to the market to pick up/drop off.

this would rule.

perhaps you could send a companion out to pick up the stuff, and like a crew mission, it would take like 15-20 minutes. so you loose a crew slot on this errand, but you don't have to deal with traveling there, load screens, etc.

They really should put the neutral GTN on your ship as like a "black market" atleast then it wouldn't be a completely pain in the rear to go and sell items to the other faction that are for the other faction.

this is a very good idea. VERY good. it's not the main GTN so there is still a clear reason to visit the fleet and use that, but having this within easy reach would drive traffic up on it astronomically. I someone from bioware sees this.

Let me wear the other factions gear and have it look like the other faction, then i will bother with the travel to check it out. I saw somewhere that someone tried to buy Sith gear, but when they put it on their republic character that it just looked like republic gear. I understand that they want the factions to look unique for identification, but i think the red names above the other factions characters work just well enough. Especially when all the republic gear looks terrible and the sith gear looks a lot better.

The GTN should be global, period.

It is silly they broke it up.

It is not really a Galactic Trade Network when you can only trade with your faction.

It is more like a Faction Trade Network.

Also, never knew the neutral one existed on Nar until a couple days ago, and frankly would never bother to use it as I do not think many others would either.

I know one of the issues with it is the distance between the spaceport and it's location on the Lower Promenade, and that there is no convenient cantina nearby.

Correction ...The Slippery Slope Cantina is right there on the Lower Promenade. (complete with quick travel terminal) Don't know how I missed that :rolleyes:

Let me wear the other factions gear and have it look like the other faction, then i will bother with the travel to check it out. I saw somewhere that someone tried to buy Sith gear, but when they put it on their republic character that it just looked like republic gear. I understand that they want the factions to look unique for identification, but i think the red names above the other factions characters work just well enough. Especially when all the republic gear looks terrible and the sith gear looks a lot better.

Is that true? I was going to post some orange BH armor for my trooper.

I get the feeling that the neutral trade network is just there for gold farmers to transfer their funds from faction to faction.

If it were intended to actually be used by players, they'd have been better off just making one trade network for everyone.

If having a large population helps the economy, then having separate trade networks is just another way to punish players for playing the lower population faction.