Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A-300 Sonic Needler.

Morrighane
01.24.2012 , 04:59 PM | #1
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know where I can get a matching copy of the A-300 Sonic Needler, or if there is a schematic for it? I am a gunslinger and would like to have have matching pistols but currently have only one of these. I like how it looks kinda sorta like an old long-barreled Colt '44. It definitely has the "gunslinger" feel to it in a way all those techy blasters don't.

Here is a picture I got from a recent thread showing blaster pics.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m..._56_398650.jpg

this thread is at:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=186307

(Hat tip to Deyjarl. Thanks for the images!)

While we're on the subject anyone know where I can get a copy of the jacket in that photo? It is the "Gunslinger's Prototype Jacket" and I am currently wearing it, but would like to get a matching copy for Risha or Guss and also matching pants. Any idea where to pick this up?

Thanks

Rhudian
01.24.2012 , 05:04 PM | #2
The gun is a quest reward; I don't think anyone has found another with a similar look so far. I think the jacket drops on Esseles.

Fatespuppet
01.24.2012 , 06:39 PM | #3
I believe Corso's gun Torchy matches that pattern. However, you need a pistol that can be used as an off hand weapon, and I don't know that Torchy can be that. Some pistols are main hand only.

GarinH
01.24.2012 , 06:41 PM | #4
there is a Very Similar gun.

Two-Finger's Revenge

http://www.torhead.com/item/gdx8Rgz/...venge#comments

same gun, but more to it, even has a aiming scope.

its BOE, and craftible through armstech
-- --- - --- --- -

Drink Beer, Eat Pie, Kick enemies in the crotch.
A Smugglers life is Shiny

Melkathi
01.24.2012 , 10:03 PM | #5
With the lighting it is hard to tell differences in colour.
The model definitly is the Esseles Scoundrel's Jacket.
The same jacket in darker blue colour though is called Deadeye Protoype Jacket and I think that is the one in the screenshot you linked. I can't remember where that was from

Morrighane
01.25.2012 , 01:58 AM | #6
I ran the Esseles low level flashpoint tonight in hopes of finding this jacket. Unfortunately it didn't drop. However I later went on the GTN and found a variation of this with a slightly more orangish hue to the details, the "RD-02A Battle Jacket." Despite being a level 11 item it was selling for 32k. I ended up buying it as I had never seen anything like it on the GTN before, and apparently the high price reflects its popularity.

I just need to get one more and matching pants now

I have an Armstech so may go for the Two fingers pistol as a best compromise.

Ty everyone for all the advice.

Deyjarl
01.29.2012 , 02:14 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Fatespuppet View Post
I believe Corso's gun Torchy matches that pattern. However, you need a pistol that can be used as an off hand weapon, and I don't know that Torchy can be that. Some pistols are main hand only.
Torchy can be used Off-hand or Main, but if you let Corso keep it, it has a requirement of Corso on the gun. So you can't use it.
Friend reference, you get 7 daysof free subscription,
free character transfer, and items mailed to all your characters.
http://www.swtor.com/r/GLDSHl

notwomasters
01.29.2012 , 05:59 AM | #8
I believe I picked up a sonic needler in my run through the first half of Taral V.

Larce_Apollo
01.29.2012 , 08:17 AM | #9
The large droid you fight in that first FP is the dropper for the jacket. It will drop easy enough if you go in alone, and have either Risha or Guss out, don't use the heavy armor comps.

Run it up to that point, drop it, and run it again if it doesn't drop.

LarcÚ Apollo - Trooper-Commando/Combat Medic Ω
SWG/Bria Vet - CE Pre-Order - Full Beta Tester
The Army of Light | The Ebon Hawk Server

Lyrux
01.30.2012 , 03:28 AM | #10
Gunslinger's or Deadeye's Prototype Jacket are rewards for H2+ Republic's Most Wanted on Coruscant.