Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which classes do you see a lot of?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Which classes do you see a lot of?

Juuls
12.14.2011 , 08:03 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by xyzaaa View Post
If the bounty hunter population outnumbers the imperial agents by as much as the previous post says, then I would have expected the troopers to outnumber smugglers since they are mechanically equivalent. I guess the story/cosmetic differences outweigh the mechanics in this case.
I hear you and im just speaking from my own experience. It could be different on other servers. Don't know anyone else who is in playing so I was curious.
Do me a favour, break my nose.

Neamhan
12.14.2011 , 08:03 PM | #12
If the bounty hunter population outnumbers the imperial agents by as much as the previous post says, then I would have expected the troopers to outnumber smugglers since they are mechanically equivalent. I guess the story/cosmetic differences outweigh the mechanics in this case.
That's why I'm curious if Knight turns out to be more popular than Consular, since Consulars don't shoot lightning from their fingers like Inquisitors do.

Strenif
12.14.2011 , 08:04 PM | #13
This is something that will balance out once end game hits. Right now everyone is thinking "I wana be Han Solo or Boba Fet!" That and any class shooting lighting out of their hands is awesome.

Personally rolling trooper cuz of the show clone wars.

So awesome.

Miroed
12.14.2011 , 08:13 PM | #14
I tried both smug and agent during the beta, and to be honest the smugglers story was not all that engaging to me. I believe there are more bounty hunters due more to the fact they get a Jawa as a companion, and not as much to do with story or mechanics.

bobmcbo
12.14.2011 , 08:53 PM | #15
I've only played beta so far, but when I was playing, I saw almost all marauders, assassins, mercenaries, and (in pvp) their mirrors
OMG! Imperial ships can get a .00008% power increase! Nerf the empire!

Mephane
12.15.2011 , 03:19 AM | #16
Playing Empire, I see Inquisitors most, Bounty Hunters second and Warriors third, agents being the minority. Not surprising, all pools had indicated into that direction.
Ceterum censeo chat bubbles addenda et party bomb reddendum esse.
---
The Alot is Better Than You at Everything

Solantharius
12.15.2011 , 03:29 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Gomla View Post
Seen a small army of Inquisitors.

Me and my little Trooper have been shooting them for hours.

It's like Duck Hunt except you get to shoot blokes in skirts and sparkly sticks.
Lol love it and can't wait to get my Gunslinger in there to join you in doing the same thing once again
Kataro - 50 Gunslinger - Hammerfist Clan
50 Gunslinger PVP (Beta)

"Reality is but a figment of our collective imaginations." -N.E.S.

Begtse
12.15.2011 , 04:04 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Strenif View Post
This is something that will balance out once end game hits. Right now everyone is thinking "I wana be Han Solo or Boba Fet!" That and any class shooting lighting out of their hands is awesome.

Personally rolling trooper cuz of the show clone wars.
Well not sure bout the "everyone" part... I chose BH, cause during beta I played SI, SW and BH and found that BHs story and gameplay are just great - BH, imo, is a very fun class to play..
SI was really static for me: whirlwind 1 target stun other, managing pet.. doing everything while standing still.. I just became a little bored with it. + the fact that most of the dark side options were not really manipulative, but just psycho "kill all, love blood" stuff.
SW gameplay was simply not my thing, tried it and decided that ranged classes are better.

oh, and I never thought about Boba Fet, maybe cause I'm more of the old trilogy fan and there the BH was not that impressive.

back to OP, atm I see SI most of the time, maybe cause they are also really easy to spot :P
‖‖‖╬╬╬╬╬╬∣⌈╠|▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Neimi
12.15.2011 , 06:30 AM | #19
boba fett was the one from the old trilogy
still deciding what to play myself was aiming for BH coz i love the story till 26 at least from what i saw.
But if IA really are least played i might have to go with that.
Then again will see tonite!
*We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be.*

Daesy
12.15.2011 , 06:57 AM | #20
Republic so far has been surprisingly balanced. I mean, sure you see a few more Knights and consulars than you do troopers or smugglers, but for the most part I don't think it will be as lopsided as imperial classes will be.