Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which Class Has The Best Storyline?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Which Class Has The Best Storyline?

iCanUseTheForce
01.24.2012 , 02:16 PM | #1
Which class do you think has the best storyline (feel involved, important, original, not stale, etc)?

Which class has the best companions (story, involvement, personalities, etc)?

Darth_Vicente
01.24.2012 , 02:22 PM | #2
Myself, I have to give it to the Sith Warrior. Unfortunate in that my main in a Sith Inquisitor, but oh well.

Imperial agent also gets very high marks by many.
Grand Lord of The Sovereign Aeons Server: Ebon Hawk
The Kinslayer Legacy
Darth Nšeblis | Darth Lanfear| Lord Ra'hvin| Cipher Agent Aludra| Ziare, Imperial Loyalist|Apprentice Telv'isa'sdra|Apprentice Gwynofar|Master Lews-Therin

Drasill
01.24.2012 , 02:22 PM | #3
SI was terrible. I hear that Jedi Knight is basically Kotor 3.
Spoiler
In the SI story you get to fight some guy for no reason.
⁞ị⁞ị⁞ị⁞ị⁞ị⁞▓▒▒ʭlll▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

bryceman
01.24.2012 , 02:29 PM | #4
I have heard many people saying that it goes to the imp. agent but I have only done Sith Warrior, Jedi Consular, and Jedi Knight. Out of those three, I like the SW the best closely followed by the Consular. The only reason the Consular isn't as good as I hoped is because if you roll as a healer, the best companion Theran is almost useless. Also, you dont get your romance companion Nadia until almost the end of the game. Everything you do with her gets crammed into one planet and then its done. Playing as a Light Side Sith Warrior is very fun as you get to back talk and mock your master.

Enako
01.24.2012 , 03:06 PM | #5
it is stupefying how many people have not played smuggler. let me tell you :

there is no class in this game which has story that can top smuggler in :

- level of engaging and good storywriting
- great humor
- realism of conversations and responses
- realism of the entire event chain
- stellar voice acting
- fitting in with the universe
- real-looking, feeling companions
- hilarious companions

iCanUseTheForce
01.24.2012 , 03:22 PM | #6
That's a drag cuz, try as I might, I can't get into the fight style for Imp Agent & Smuggler.

Lauraliane
01.24.2012 , 03:26 PM | #7
I have seen completely or almost:

Imperial Agent: Best so far

Bounty Hunter: Very nice, especially light side, playing the "Bounty Hunter with Honor" style, but a bit repeatitive by the end, though they did a good job making it feel personnal.

Sith Inquisitor: Just terrible, avoid at all cost if you are looking for a good story.

Jedi Knight: Only seen till act 1, but doesn't start really interesting, heard it gets a lot better at act 2 though

jedi Consular: Only seen act 1, was pretty boring and far fetched.

Duradel
01.24.2012 , 03:26 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Enako View Post
it is stupefying how many people have not played smuggler. let me tell you :

there is no class in this game which has story that can top smuggler in :

- level of engaging and good storywriting
- great humor
- realism of conversations and responses
- realism of the entire event chain
- stellar voice acting
- fitting in with the universe
- real-looking, feeling companions
- hilarious companions

Could you give an overview of the three chapter for a smuggler? In spoiler tags obviously

I want to roll one, but I made the mistake of rolling a SI for what I perceived the class to be, and not what the actual story was like and very much regret it. Don't worry about dropping any big spoilers i don't mind

Enako
01.24.2012 , 03:49 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Duradel View Post
Could you give an overview of the three chapter for a smuggler? In spoiler tags obviously
i wouldnt want to do that. but, i can say that han solo would go back crying to his mama when compared to this story. not to mention that there is a lot to tell.

Quote:
I want to roll one, but I made the mistake of rolling a SI for what I perceived the class to be, and not what the actual story was like and very much regret it. Don't worry about dropping any big spoilers i don't mind
i played si. i can tell that the story for s.i. cant come close to smuggler.

Phyreblade
01.24.2012 , 04:12 PM | #10
Smuggler story is amazingly fun to play. I enjoyed it from start to finish. It was engaging and hilarious. I can't count how many times I was left rolling in sheer laughter from something my smuggler did or said, often both. I loved it all.

Bounty Hunter is my second favorite. I like my BH's romance better than my smuggler's. Torian Cadera is classically Mandalorian and perhaps the best mesh for a female Bounty Hunter ever. I found myself literally roleplaying my BH character, the story seemed to come alive that well. Helps that the combat motions were pretty awesome, as well.
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel, Sawbones Scoundrel on the Shadowlands Server