Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Huge bug with Ataru Form

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Munx's Avatar


Munx
01.30.2012 , 07:32 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Hizoka View Post
then they are bad annis... i pull aggro though guard and have to force cammo constantly...
The pvp players of the server would disagree Hizoka.

And you obviously don't raid with a juggernaut tank, while they have alot of short comings, when using immortal/veng hybrid spec, they pull great single target agroo.
Dark Knight of the forums.

harrisonxxi's Avatar


harrisonxxi
01.30.2012 , 10:43 AM | #102
The only good tank in the game right now is a ptech. Assassins are good for aoe pulls, juggs are just useless in the current enviro except as armor debuff's.

Foxcolt's Avatar


Foxcolt
01.30.2012 , 11:07 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Munx View Post
Test as much as you want, if you can't play properly carnage will indeed seem inferior.

I regularly raid NM with marauders who have almost exactly the same gear as me, 2 of them infact.

both are anni, and both know how to play, as do I know how to play my carnage spec.

I pull far more agroo then they ever will.

I kill my infernal council boss considerably faster then them, taking into account various hp diffrences on bosses etc.

Carnage if played and geared correctly has infact quite a bit higher damage potential, of course the two marauders in my raid group are as stubborn as you in that they keep claiming anni is better dps.

What they fail to realise is that unlike them I actually have to use my force camo to drop agroo .



Back to the actual issue at hand, I have noticed this bug aswell, especially on gharj its noticeable, and my rep side sentinel just got to 40 today and got blade rush, and bug is even worse there, happens even on normal mobs.
Just FYI - you can't judge anni spec on infernal council as we can't pop our bezerk due to heals. Which kills a significant portion of dps for that spec.

So the fact that you can kill your council member faster in carnage spec than the equally geared marauders in your raid really doesn't mean much.

keltonz's Avatar


keltonz
02.01.2012 , 02:21 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Foxcolt View Post
Just FYI - you can't judge anni spec on infernal council as we can't pop our bezerk due to heals. Which kills a significant portion of dps for that spec.

So the fact that you can kill your council member faster in carnage spec than the equally geared marauders in your raid really doesn't mean much.

QFT.

Did this Ataru form bug get fixed in 1.1.1? I really would like to try it out in PvE...

Kibaken's Avatar


Kibaken
02.01.2012 , 02:23 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by keltonz View Post
QFT.

Did this Ataru form bug get fixed in 1.1.1? I really would like to try it out in PvE...
Not that I know of but it isn't a game-breaking bug.

Just stand closer than max-melee range.
The Aurion Legacy

Nylos Aevir Salrik Lyrax | Malkros Uhriel Flamel Kemarov
Prophecy of the Five

Tumri's Avatar


Tumri
02.01.2012 , 02:40 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Foxcolt View Post
Just FYI - you can't judge anni spec on infernal council as we can't pop our bezerk due to heals. Which kills a significant portion of dps for that spec.

So the fact that you can kill your council member faster in carnage spec than the equally geared marauders in your raid really doesn't mean much.
QFTx2

I also suspect that your annihilation spec friends might not be as good as you claim. I know for a fact that as annihilation spec I finish quicker than anyone else in my 16m group and when my fellow marauder was carnage spec he was finishing far slower than he is now as annihilation even without the use of berserk.

Here's a short set of DPS tests outside council highlighting the DPS that Annihilation can pull. I used the bottom corner companion timer to calculate DPS. I challenge any Carnage marauder to beat my 1759 DPS attempt with the same testing setup.

Note that I haven't specced into Defensive Forms and I don't use Cloak of Pain so being attacked isn't buffing my DPS in any way. My accuracy is capped so the fact that the mob is a lower level doesn't matter. You can also test the numbers if you'd like but as far as I could tell the boss mobs in EV/KP have the same base Armor as this mob. I found my hits weren't lower or higher than in actual raids. It's safe to say it's a fairly accurate testing setup.


https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...02FA5847B90264

P.S. - Don't mind the music. I just added random instrumental music so it wasn't complete silence.
Wrath
Pre-Launch Hardcore Guild that has moved on to better games.
www.wrathnation.com

keltonz's Avatar


keltonz
02.01.2012 , 02:45 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Kibaken View Post
Not that I know of but it isn't a game-breaking bug.

Just stand closer than max-melee range.
Alright, I suppose its worth a try. But I'll miss the bleeds keeping up my damage when I have to be off target, and all those amazing interrupts.

Kenshinth's Avatar


Kenshinth
02.02.2012 , 06:26 PM | #108
Yet our Blind gets nerfed and Anni gets buffed in next patch but i yet to see this fixed which is a huge dps loss on bosses like Rancor when standing on him to proc ataru will get u cleaved.
AMD FX-6100 Six-Core Processor @ 4.2ghz
8GB Patriot Sector 5 1333
2x EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC

Threskov's Avatar


Threskov
02.07.2012 , 07:24 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Foxcolt View Post
Just FYI - you can't judge anni spec on infernal council as we can't pop our bezerk due to heals. Which kills a significant portion of dps for that spec.

So the fact that you can kill your council member faster in carnage spec than the equally geared marauders in your raid really doesn't mean much.
I think he said he tested numerous time, and not in raid situation.

Adill's Avatar


Adill
02.24.2012 , 09:37 AM | #110
Cant believe I found this thread buried on page 18, this needs to stay at the top. It's been a full month since devs said they would investigate the issue, but I havent heard any ETA or updates yet. This bug puts us carnage marauders at a huge disadvantage in operations. How hard could it be to make ataru form proc range = melee range?