Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Huge bug with Ataru Form

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ThisGuyThat
01.26.2012 , 05:33 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by thanealpha View Post
Can you point to where this is documented? I keep seeing quotes like this across many issues but I'm unable to find any documentation.
It's in your character stats on mouseover, it displays your primary weapon accuracy and your offhand weapon accuracy.

NikonNikkor
01.26.2012 , 11:05 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by thanealpha View Post
Can you point to where this is documented? I keep seeing quotes like this across many issues but I'm unable to find any documentation.
it's in your character sheet in the game... doesn't need to be documented... over your cursor over the accuracy number and a box will pop up that explains it all.

IM_iLL
01.29.2012 , 08:10 PM | #93
Honestly the numbers all of you have posted for Carnage are really low and my numbers are at least twice that my average Force Scream crit's are from 3400-4000 I'm in mostly all 136 gear.

This leads me to believe that people that are saying annihilation is better then Carnage do not know how to play Carnage, as for the dps test on council goes I kill my marauder add before the other marauder (who is annihilation) in my group does.

I have also seen countless PvP/PvE streams and videos and all of those annihilation marauders have way smaller numbers than I do, even my overall damage in WZ's is way higher than most Annihilation Marauders.

rainzquall
01.29.2012 , 08:41 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Hizoka View Post
if you were good at the class, you would know. Its not a "feeling" but when an annihilation marauder in the exact same gear with exact same player can kill something is a much shorter time then carnage, logic dictates it does more damage.

Carnage is built around a 6 second debuff, annihilation is not it can also do damage while not on target. Carnage also has many wasted talents when it comes to raiding. For instance "Overwhelm" it sounds good and everything 2 points to root your ravage target, however it does not work on bosses, and if you play correctly you won't ravage when you know the target is gonna move 2 wasted points, "Narrowed Hatred" it is +3% to hit, sounds great, but atrau forms does that as well, and our teir gear is littered with accuracy, you have to basicaly steal other people gear to re-mod everything to be able to make use of the talented hit, 3 more points wasted or you burden you raid with an excess of states and much slower gearing up.

Annihilation never has "burst" moments like Carnage however in a raid situation nothing is better then consistancy, and no spec in the game right now can provide more consistant damage then Annihialtion.

Some people have been play this class for 8+ months, you might want to listen to people who have more experiance with the class then you can even get before the fall. Carnage used to be closer to Annihilation, but they changed that in the beta when they made Force scream a 9 second talented cooldown instead of 6 second.

That is just in damage, now in Utility no class in the game comes close to an annihilation marauder in a raid. With a 12 second leap and 6 second hard interrupt you can keep pretty much any mob from ever casting anything, no other class can solo lock down a mob. Take the 2 "bodyguards" in Kraggas palace, one is a "tank" the other is a "healer" that fight is stupid easy with a smart marauder because a smart marauder can take the healer out of the fight and leave everyone else to kill the "tank" with rotating saber ward, cloack of pain obsfucate, you can actually tank him because he doesn't do much damage and hes busy trying to heal.

Carnage is just inferior to Annihlation in ever way possible for PvE.
well said Hizoka

harrisonxxi
01.29.2012 , 09:13 PM | #95
TBH its kind of a pointless argument. Anhilation brings party heals, while pulling as much dps as carnage, and thats enough reason never to roll anything else for raiding. Taking a little bit of effort off your healers is tremendously helpful, esp for fights where their is a lot of aoe dmg.

Hizoka
01.29.2012 , 10:07 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by harrisonxxi View Post
TBH its kind of a pointless argument. Anhilation brings party heals, while pulling as much dps as carnage, and thats enough reason never to roll anything else for raiding. Taking a little bit of effort off your healers is tremendously helpful, esp for fights where their is a lot of aoe dmg.
though my teasting its pull a crapton more. so much more you gimp your raid by being carnage.

Munx
01.29.2012 , 10:12 PM | #97
Test as much as you want, if you can't play properly carnage will indeed seem inferior.

I regularly raid NM with marauders who have almost exactly the same gear as me, 2 of them infact.

both are anni, and both know how to play, as do I know how to play my carnage spec.

I pull far more agroo then they ever will.

I kill my infernal council boss considerably faster then them, taking into account various hp diffrences on bosses etc.

Carnage if played and geared correctly has infact quite a bit higher damage potential, of course the two marauders in my raid group are as stubborn as you in that they keep claiming anni is better dps.

What they fail to realise is that unlike them I actually have to use my force camo to drop agroo .

Back to the actual issue at hand, I have noticed this bug aswell, especially on gharj its noticeable, and my rep side sentinel just got to 40 today and got blade rush, and bug is even worse there, happens even on normal mobs.
Dark Knight of the forums.

Hizoka
01.29.2012 , 10:43 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Munx View Post
Test as much as you want, if you can't play properly carnage will indeed seem inferior.

I regularly raid NM with marauders who have almost exactly the same gear as me, 2 of them infact.

both are anni, and both know how to play, as do I know how to play my carnage spec.

I pull far more agroo then they ever will.

I kill my infernal council boss considerably faster then them, taking into account various hp diffrences on bosses etc.

Carnage if played and geared correctly has infact quite a bit higher damage potential, of course the two marauders in my raid group are as stubborn as you in that they keep claiming anni is better dps.

What they fail to realise is that unlike them I actually have to use my force camo to drop agroo .

Back to the actual issue at hand, I have noticed this bug aswell, especially on gharj its noticeable, and my rep side sentinel just got to 40 today and got blade rush, and bug is even worse there, happens even on normal mobs.
then they are bad annis... i pull aggro though guard and have to force cammo constantly...

rainzquall
01.29.2012 , 11:40 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Hizoka View Post
then they are bad annis... i pull aggro though guard and have to force cammo constantly...
Btw Hizoka, what is your opinion on dots getting cleansed? I noticed that whenever I'm fighting premades, my total damage would drop about 30-40k, while my range teammates' dmg would stay roughly the same. I'm actually temped to retry carnage to see if the dmg output can be any higher. What do you think?

http://i.imgur.com/OtH6b.jpg

Rehom
01.30.2012 , 06:13 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by zantezutske View Post
the whole marauder class is a joke its 50% jugg and 50% wannabe darth mauls.
That isnt true because darth maul uses a double lightsaber so that means Shadows are more like him and since when can a maruader use shield generators and Heavy armor
Rehok, Sith Marauder
EU-Peragus Mining Facility