Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cannot leave republic fleet and sound issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Cannot leave republic fleet and sound issues

leighwhitt
01.24.2012 , 12:59 PM | #1
Hey all,

So since a few patches back (before 1.1) I've had an issue with logging into my characters. To elaborate, I can connect to my server (Terentatek) just fine; however, upon logging into one of my characters I will be immediately disconnected (1 red bar and I cannot move my character for several moments) and returned to the server selection. I would then go back to my server, log-in with the same character again and again until it worked. Which was usually the 2nd or 3rd time.

I didn't think anything of it until today's patch. It seems to have broken my game. When I log-in the first time - before I am disconnected - I have sound and can open a conversation with an NPC, however.. When I can finally connect to my character to the point where I can play, I have: no ambient sounds, no skills sounds and I can only hear the music and my UI sounds. On top of this, I can't seem to enter my ship or talk to any NPC. It will just sit at the triple dot conversation bubble forever. All that being said.. I can enter a PvP warzone just fine with no issues, albeit I'm missing sounds.

I have tried repairing, I have tried rebooting my router, I've made sure my firewall is setup properly and I've also tried disabling my anti-virus software. I'd rather not have to re-download and re-install.. I will if it's needed, but I highly doubt that's going to fix the problem. Oh.. and I get the following error codes when sent back to server selection: 9005 and 2005.

Sorry for the confusing layout, btw. I had no idea how to explain it well.

Suggestions, help? Thanks.

Mhorlok
01.24.2012 , 01:04 PM | #2
the sound issues and not being able to get into ship or from ship into station is fairly common since this patch and I don't have any problems connecting at all.

So unfortunately this isn't the same issue for you this is just a new issue for you to deal with along with your old one

JediGypsy
01.24.2012 , 01:07 PM | #3
i have the same type of sound issues. only by closing down the game will the sounds come back...tho this is sorta hit or miss. started with this patch.
Pandora - 50 Sentinel - Fatman
Killing Sith while eating pie. Ya, that's how I roll.