Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Master Loot in Normal Mode OPs - A Necessity

Inframan
01.29.2012 , 05:55 PM | #21
/signed

It would be so easy to just make it an option for raid leaders to turn off the randomly assigned loot for normal mode, while keeping the current system available for pugs.

My brother is having terrible luck getting gear in hard modes, and when the pieces he needs do drop but go to another player who doesn't need them, it's simply ridiculous.

Gerrard_Ennui
01.29.2012 , 06:12 PM | #22
This is definitely a system that needs to be changed for the reasons stated above. It seems unnecessarily difficult to gear up 1 or 2 new guys in a group of geared players with the current system.

Allow players some way to decide how their loot will be distributed in normal ops. The current random loot system is very player-unfriendly and needlessly obstructive to guild progression. Random drops are still fine (another issue entirely) but random distribution only hurts the players who need to gear up most.

Bobiefatt
01.29.2012 , 06:37 PM | #23
Its the most idiotic system ever designd.

Random loot ... seriously Bioware ...
Do that which you fear most, and you will find
the courage which you seek

Ganrax
01.29.2012 , 07:27 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by excentric View Post
I would like to a see the game checking the gear level of people and then assigning the loot, but I'm worried this is alot more work for bioware atm.
And what is wrong with making them work for something we are paying for exactly? Do you expect them to just sit on their asses now and collect our money without addressing our concerns?

On the subject, yes this system absolutely needs to at least be optional. I've gotten so much loot now that I don't need that I just vendor it at this point since my companions all already have it. On top of that we've had the same people getting columi tokens every week when people that still need that piece get screwed. The system is beyond stupid, whoever came up with it was a moron. How does forcing everyone in the raid to be a ninja looter against their will prevent ninja looting?

FobManX
01.29.2012 , 07:32 PM | #25
I would make it so if at least 6/8 or 12/16 of the players in the Op are in the same guild, you can turn on ML and distribute it yourself.

In a pug it's fine.

Rabix
01.29.2012 , 07:42 PM | #26
alternatively, when starting the op, have the group vote on the loot system

still allows for pugs to be fair, while a full guild would easily be able to decide on a more beneficial loot system

Eroex
01.29.2012 , 09:02 PM | #27
Normal modes are pug content. Its to stop ninja looting pug raid leaders.

Do hardmode as a guild or serious/weekly pug. If you cant do hardmode content in preoperations gear, the problem is between the chair and the keyboard, its not a gear issue.

Ganrax
01.29.2012 , 09:36 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabix View Post
alternatively, when starting the op, have the group vote on the loot system

still allows for pugs to be fair, while a full guild would easily be able to decide on a more beneficial loot system
How is this even an issue? What happened to "if you don't like the loot rules, find another raid"?

stout
02.01.2012 , 09:01 AM | #29
I think the intention behind this system is cool but the implementation is HORRID, there is no way anyone on the Bioware team has any real experience with raiding from looking at the holes in this system.

Here's why it sucks:
1) it is mandatory, is Bioware telling us we're too stupid to know how to assign loot in our own guild?!
2) this system doesn't check to see if someone has better gear in that slot before assigning loot to them. What if I want to give priority to my tanks and healers? Seriously, how do you force this on your players w/o closing that pretty major hole in your system first?
3) if someone already has better gear for that slot, the system doesn't look to see if that loot is an upgrade for someone else.
4) players who are assigned loot don't get the option to pass
5) Master Looter means NOTHING!

I have a feeling that Bioware looked at how Rift handles loot with their dynamic content and tried (very poorly) to mimic it. Raiding is not dynamic content, most of the time people who raid together know one another, dynamic content is the opposite and so a system like this works for that format. At the very least this system should be optional and some Bioware employees need to get some raiding experience under their belt.

Instead of alleviating headaches which I guess is the intention of this system, I'm left running damage control as my officers question why I brought our guild to this game.

Novastinger
02.01.2012 , 09:16 AM | #30
Even the master loot option in HM ops is terrible, because of the lack of a /random or /roll function. How do you determine who gets the class rakata token, when several people in the ops raid want it?

We had to go to some external website chatroom that had a random function, which was a major slow down in the looting process. Then, if you instead change it to round robin, there's so much loot from some bosses that you don't even have time to look at each item and decide how to roll on it before the timer runs out.