Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How the pre's should have gone

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
How the pre's should have gone

Themanthatisi
01.25.2012 , 10:49 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
A big problem for me was bad dialog or badly acted or badly directed dialog, but I also think that story-wise, the "fall" of Anakin is just too quick. He goes from "I don't want my wife to die" to "let's kill all these Jedi children!" in a few minutes, basically.
I completely agree.... My brother and I had the same complaint, it happened way too fast. Part of the problem is Lucas hates movies longer then 2 hours, EP:3 could have easily been a 3 hour movie... (even though EP:3 was the longest SW film) EP:1 was totally ruined by Jar Jar, I cant even watch that movie. Lucas was a genius dreaming up the whole SW idea, but when it comes to making movies, he should hire others to do more work. In EP: 5 (empire strikes back) the acting was at its best, Lucas did not direct that one.... :-)

Noczod
01.26.2012 , 09:11 AM | #22
I agree with alot of what is being said, and I know that people dont like the acting, but come on who watchs star wars for the acting, and then says its a bad movie. Thats like watching the Titanic and saying it wasnt a good comedy.

That is just a joke dont take is personal.

I agree that there needed to be a character some what on lines with Han solo.

AbelMorvant
01.26.2012 , 06:03 PM | #23
I was thinking the other day, what if Anakin started out as a young republic soldier and was on a mission aiding the jedi(Qui gon and Obi wan) and he began to stand out from the other soldiers.

I had some other plot ideas in mind but one of my ideas was that he's around the same age as obi wan, becomes friends with both qui gon and obi wan throughout the movie. For some reason I have the end scene in my head but nothing else and it would go like this...

They are all on a mission, they go head to head with battle droids (jedi and republic soldiers that is). Maul enters the battle and starts killing off a bunch of soldiers, Qui gon and Obi wan tells the soldiers to keep moving while they handle maul. The light saber duel continues into another room. Qui gon gets defeated, and remember, by this time Anakin has become very good friends with both obiwan and qui-gon, he feels qui gons death in the force and disobeys his orders to go help the jedi.

He comes in just as Obiwan is wounded and maul is ready to kill him. Anakin begins shooting his blaster at maul, each bolt is deflected and out of some sense of intuition Anakin reaches out with the force to pick upo quio gons saber and retreives it before Maul gets to him. Maul defeats Anakin and lops off his arm and says something to mock Anakin's saber skills. Anakin replies that he doesn't need a saber to defeat him and Maul says something like "Your power in the force is weak..." Anakin rolls over to his back revealing a hand pistol and blasts Maul in the head while saying something like "who said anything about the force?" (Yes, I love one liners and I think that's one of the great things about the OT).

It is clear that Anakin has the potential to become very powerful in the force, with no training he managed to pick up a saber on his own. It would show that Anakin is very powerful in the force, but none of that chosen one bs.

Noczod
01.27.2012 , 09:51 AM | #24
I like it, that would have been a cool way to have the movie end. They dont mention anything about Anakin being the chosen one, in the OT do they, because if they dont then that would have been an awsome way to have the series start. And if he explain that he didnt know who his mom was that he had lived with his older brother and left from tattoine to join the republic army, then that would even more explain in A New Hope when LUke is talking about joing the rebels when his aunt and uncle say " he has to much of his father in him" " thats what I am afraid of". That would make the scene make even more sense.