Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How the pre's should have gone

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
How the pre's should have gone

Noczod
01.24.2012 , 04:59 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLonelyTusken View Post
Gun Guns? Anikin? Organs? Im sorry, but i cant take your revision seriously if you dont know how to spell the names of the characters, especially considering Anakin is the main character of the whole thing.
Then dont, leave and dont return. simple

Sorry for my mis spellings.

ZoeTuah
01.24.2012 , 05:08 PM | #12
I'm actually quite content with the prequels. There were some bad aspects that came from the directing, but story-wise I think it's sound enough. Especially when you compare them with, say, the post-Episode-VI timeline and... all content therein. Now there's some stuff I'd change.

Noczod
01.24.2012 , 05:10 PM | #13
yeah there is just so much star wars out there, and everyone trys to combine all of them instead of just taking them as storys. They get mad when something is not how they expected it to be. I they just took the books and read them as storys and not trying to connected the dots between everything. THen they might be happy.

silverprovidence
01.24.2012 , 05:23 PM | #14
Think I would have changed it by making Anakin older in the first movie (effectively playable by the same actor) which, in-universe wise, would have made the the length of the three prequels about 6-8 years. Probably redo the Naboo thing. Notionally I like the Padme romance and him trying to save her from death so reworked, with less horrible dialogue and the inevitable hammy acting that sproutes from said dialogue, that stays in (especially as you still need luke & leia anyway).

I would have had the clone wars pretty much start at the end of the first movie. Qui-gon would live past the first movie with Maul being the principle face of the seperatist movement with the whole 'republic is anti-alien' vibe to set up the empires human-centric policies as a result of the view of the seperatist movement being aliens going for dominance.

Definitely would rework Anakin's fall to being like what it was in a new hope, going down the 'quick' path to power. Not just him being *****y and having a hissy fit. This would probably start about halfway through the second film with Qui-gons death. Final half of that would be him effectively patching things up with Obi-wan but secretly going to Dooku (who in this iteration would be either a spy jedi for palpatine or still part of the seperatists) as basically a secret 'side' master to get more power.

Final movie would be them starting to whip the seperatists as in the case in the actual final prequal film. Really hit the whole 'Padmes' in danger note with actual repeated assassination attempts on his life and hers orchestrated by palpatine since by this point Anakin's become the face of the jedi order in the war. Have some manipulations so some jedi actually become part of the assassination, make it believable that Anakin feels under threat and not some split second choice because he cuts Windu's hand off.
'Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument. The heated mind resents the chill touch and relentless scrutiny of logic' - William Ewart Gladstone.

Iralith
01.24.2012 , 05:24 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Noczod View Post
Im not mad you dont like the ideas and im sure your not mad about my ideas
Big thumbs up to this! It's a thing we all tend to neglect in forum posting.

Noczod
01.24.2012 , 05:42 PM | #16
No prob man.

Boitano
01.24.2012 , 07:18 PM | #17
I think a few simple changes would have saved the whole trilogy.

1. Using subtitles for the Aliens.

2. Having Jar-jar be a bit more serious.

3. In general, less muppeteering. Some come relief was always welcome in the originals, whether the droids or some aliens. That was fine. He just went overboard, starting with Jedi but really getting out of hand with Phantom.

Let's face it, nothing was going to be as good as the originals. It just wasn't going to happen. I think those three things would have made it feel more Star Wars and less Disney though.

Numberjohnnyfive
01.25.2012 , 08:29 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by TekaruPrime View Post
PLUS you can change Jar Jar's character to be more like someone else said about comedy relief - if Anakin had a bigger role in Ep 1. the idea of comedy relief is better tempered against a more serious or morally ambiguous character - example C3PO vs han Solo in the OT. Part of Jar Jar's problem was he wasn't really paired with anyone. If Anakin was a teenager - and a more serious/morally ambiguous teenager at that - it makes more sense to play comedy relief against that.
I agree, Anakin should have filled the role Han solo did in the Original Trilogy, Morally ambiguous and possibly even his cynical attitude, the prequals were sorely missing a character like that. Anakin could have filled that roll easily, only unlike Han who moves towards the side of good as he progresses through the story, Anakin would spiral more towards the dark side of things.
“Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.” - Han Solo

MustrumRidcully
01.25.2012 , 09:35 AM | #19
A big problem for me was bad dialog or badly acted or badly directed dialog, but I also think that story-wise, the "fall" of Anakin is just too quick. He goes from "I don't want my wife to die" to "let's kill all these Jedi children!" in a few minutes, basically.

TheTurniipKing
01.25.2012 , 10:43 AM | #20
I'd probably have started with an older Anakin, to be honest. Nothing happens in Phantom Menace, and very little happens in Episode 2 that isn't nicely summarised at the start of Revenge of the Sith.

Could have told the story of his fall over all three movies instead of squeezing all the interesting bits into Episode III.