Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Assassins Are Bad for DPS Raiding

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Sith Assassins Are Bad for DPS Raiding

Voraxus
02.17.2012 , 01:22 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by deserttfoxx View Post
Know your class, the sin isnt weak, it just attracts weak players.
This, this, a thousand times this.
VOX
<Audacious>
Sith Assassin

Prophecy of Five

Renata_Roselli
09.27.2012 , 04:43 PM | #62
Wow, a lot of people can't play a Sith Assassin right...I roll a Madness spec and have no problem at all throwing out high DPS. Use MoX or SWMonitor. If you want to know who's lacking in DPS in your raids, I suggest you use one of those. SWMonitor is a lot better IMO. More information in the logs. If you know how to play a Madness Assassin well, you will definitely throw out a ridiculous amount of DPS.
CarmelaGisella

Dierdrea
09.27.2012 , 04:50 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Renata_Roselli View Post
Wow, a lot of people can't play a Sith Assassin right...I roll a Madness spec and have no problem at all throwing out high DPS. Use MoX or SWMonitor. If you want to know who's lacking in DPS in your raids, I suggest you use one of those. SWMonitor is a lot better IMO. More information in the logs. If you know how to play a Madness Assassin well, you will definitely throw out a ridiculous amount of DPS.

You necro'ed a thread from Feb...this will be my last post in it lmao...

Philelectric
09.27.2012 , 08:40 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Jult View Post
Why is the advanced class called Assassins again?
Because we are here to assassinate the strongest Jedis and the commanders of the Republic. Assassinating a Jedi can require a long fight,thats why we are not LOLBURST, we are made to stand toe to toe with heavy forces user and lightsaber masters. Being too aggressive will cause our death. Once the target is dead,we have to stay alive and go back home so we have to take hits and stay alive,we use light armor because we need agility. Also when you have to kill a jedi or a commander protected by one or more jedis, everything wont go well everytime.
We have a good offence but we need a good defense too if we want to achieve our duty and stay in one piece.

Thats why we are not LOLBURST and have the title of assassin
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.

Ryuri-Sama
10.02.2012 , 03:51 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by jkcheng View Post
Class is good but not that good. Unless I'm wrong, but we cannot battle res, that's on Sorcerers. I'm also not sure taunting mobs off healers when we're in Lightning Charge is a good idea. We're just as squishy as the healers and if we pull that aggro off them it might take less time for the mob to kill us than the healer. You be better off to try to kill the mob instead, and that's harder to do with a Maul build when target is facing you.
We can battle res. Force cloak + res = battle res

I've done this many time as a deception assassin to the love of my raid group... for any bit we lack in sustained dps we make up for in burst/utility.
Squadron 11.11.11
╬╬╬╬╬|{ ██████████████████████████████)