Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Malgus: who thinks he actually died?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Malgus: who thinks he actually died?

DalekTheCat
05.24.2014 , 10:47 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Stanimir View Post
He's dead. You can just straight up kill him now in the flashpoint.
Pretty sure I killed Calphayus too, but LOL NOPE.

Marstrike
05.25.2014 , 03:29 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by CrepedCrusader View Post
But Palpatine came back after that, too...in fact, no force user has died from a fall from what I remember. Mace is dead before he hits the ground and darth maul also comes back.
According to whom? The owners of star wars? no.

Like said i think they "left the door open" however with the current state of affairs i would wager that malgus is for all intensive purposes, dead.
"Please nerf rock, paper is fine" -Scissors

errant_knight
05.25.2014 , 03:15 PM | #13
In the early days of the game, I thought he probably lived, now, not so much. His death is the cornerstone of much of the plot development (such as it is, but that's another post). He could come back, but it would be as a powerless failure, so.... Better he stay dead. Darth Marr is the big dog now. Still, it was a shame to get rid of such a good character so quickly.

I think (kotor 1 spoilers ahead)
Spoiler

Karkais
05.27.2014 , 05:24 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ancaglon View Post
No cutscene, no dramatic last words, not even a Noooooooooo!

Personally I think both he and Revan are reserved for comebacks.
Personally, I think he died.
But then there is also the first law of resurrection.

Revan? For him to come back after all that has happened before would be ridiculous. Doesn't mean it can't happen, just that it would be ridiculous. I think he is gone for good and I hope so.

Emperor, likely to come back. Considering I think his current state is not that much different from what he started from.
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

errant_knight
06.04.2014 , 10:22 AM | #15
I'm a bit confused that you think revan's return is less likely or more ridiculous than any other. He's a nutter, yes, but he disappears when he still has health and there's no corpse. And anyone who could survive what he did and still fight as he did is no pushover.

Karkais
06.06.2014 , 12:31 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by errant_knight View Post
I'm a bit confused that you think revan's return is less likely or more ridiculous than any other.
Because of what he has already gone through at this point. Nobody could stay sane after all that.. just let him rest lol
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

DeltaBos
06.13.2014 , 04:39 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Ancaglon View Post
Also, when I got back to Ilum to meet the Republic high command, Cole Cantarus is on the Holoprojector talking about how we crashed a spaceship into the throneroom to kill him. Either he's a really good liar, or the actual fight was changed after the voice acting work was completed...
You know he was just BSing right. He also said "and then (s)he grabbed Malgus' lightsaber and cut off his own head with it"... he's just making it sound more legendary to the people who weren't there. He's Corellian, he couldn't help it.
These new J. J. Abrams movies are just a bad dream. Someone wake me up when Timothy Zahn says he's directing a SW film.

errant_knight
06.13.2014 , 04:14 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
Because of what he has already gone through at this point. Nobody could stay sane after all that.. just let him rest lol
What makes you think I think he's sane? Although his actions in swtor make a lot of sense when you know his background, lol. It's just a step further than where he went prior. Still, probably not sane, heh.

Kremsau
06.27.2014 , 11:36 AM | #19
I never got why people assumed he was dead:

http://youtu.be/NcZ2hW6A3qg
(Maelstrom Prison)

http://youtu.be/hojrGMUiqVs
(Foundry)

He clearly makes a conscious decision to leave the situation in either case. I foresee an interesting communion between Theron & Revan, hopefully with the death of Satele (just to pull on some heart strings). Possibly bring Malgus back, I'm reading Deceived again and Malgus seems far too large to be offed in a FP...although that does seem to be the direction the producers are taking for story development.
Harbinger:
Kremsau - 55 Sentinel & Ergus - 45 Vanguard
Kodamy - 55 Sniper & Maalis - 30 Sith Warrior

NobleSpec
07.22.2014 , 09:35 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Lexandar View Post
You basically summed up the storyline of KOTOR. Hell the story of Revan can be summed up as "The series of events which happened previously... were merely a setback".

I hope Malgus isn't dead (and its more likely than not that he isn't... yet) as his rationale for going rogue was never really fully explained. I'd like to know what epiphany... or more likely what brainfart, caused him to go AWOL before I hit him until he stops.
I think it was stated, while doing the Illum storyline, that he saw the current Empire as broken. He thought that only a united empire with alien help would prevail, not " a divided empire with a dead Emporer." Even though as we learn he is not dead...