Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Concerns about legacy

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Koendewit
01.24.2012 , 10:11 AM | #1
Is legacy going to be the dividing element between people who play lots of alts and people who dont?
Because i for one dont play alts, i like to just focus on one character and try to optimize my playstyle. Im afraid that the people who make lots of alts are going to have significant advantages over people that dont. In the latest video in this site, one of the devs is talking about legacy and he says you will get stuff like: "powers etc. that you otherwise wouldnt have..
I hope bioware isn't going out of their minds with the "Story" thing. Dont get me wrong, I love the story and lvling in SWTOR, but i really hope that things like legacy are not going to effect the already not that great balance.

What do you guys think?
It's the talent in the concealment tree called "Clandestine QQ" that gives Backstab a 1/2% chance to instantly unsub the target, and a 50/100% chance to stunlock their entire computer.

TheBBP
01.24.2012 , 10:12 AM | #2
Better start alting.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Vyradder
01.24.2012 , 10:12 AM | #3
Are you not receiving any legacy experience since you capped your level?

_Darkstar
01.24.2012 , 10:13 AM | #4
I think any powers you unlock from legacy will be given to your level 50 as well. I just expect those powers to be of more use when you are levelling, so giving people with alt's an easier time levelling them.

As legacy xp is a portion of earned xp do you stop earning legacy xp at level 50? If not then concentrating on a 50 is probably the best way of getting legacy xp unless they give some kind of bonus when playing multiple toons.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

Koendewit
01.24.2012 , 10:14 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Vyradder View Post
Are you not receiving any legacy experience since you capped your level?
Yes, but you would get significantly less than when you would be lvling a new alt.
It's the talent in the concealment tree called "Clandestine QQ" that gives Backstab a 1/2% chance to instantly unsub the target, and a 50/100% chance to stunlock their entire computer.

Xneco
01.24.2012 , 10:14 AM | #6
You still get Legacy exp at 50.

I would think that these abilities gained thru Legacy will be non-combat. Think guild perk type stuff from WoW.

laraby
01.24.2012 , 10:16 AM | #7
You don't stop getting Legacy experience at 50, i've gotten several legacy levels just doing dailies.

Koendewit
01.24.2012 , 10:17 AM | #8
OK, this is good to know. I was just wondering since i only just got to 50.

Thradar
01.24.2012 , 10:17 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Koendewit View Post
Is legacy going to be the dividing element between people who play lots of alts and people who dont?
No.

Why would anyone care how I choose to play the game?

AaronPenick
01.24.2012 , 10:20 AM | #10
My biggest concern is the stuff you unlock character customization/ race wise. If I make a alt now and level it more then likely the game wont allow me to change it around once legacy hits. Even though i REALLY want to level a alt healer to 50 the whole lack of information on the legacy system is making me hold off
Please remember to engage your brain before posting on the forums