Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Horrid FPS

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kaysar
12.25.2011 , 03:07 AM | #2081
ive got 70-80fps in my ship, 60 if im in a building but standing still, as soon as i move itll drop to about 10 fps. combat is playable at times, usually 20-30 fps, which kinda ticks me off since i can play skyrim with reasonably high settings and 0 lag. come on bioware, just give us an estimate as to when we will get a patch to fix this.
"si vis pacem para bellum -- if you wish for peace prepare for war."

carrylot
12.25.2011 , 03:08 AM | #2082
Quote: Originally Posted by cesk View Post
Posting my specs as a followup:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
8GB memory
ASUS 580GTX 1.5GB

FPS details:

70-100FPS before the warzone starts going
10-15FPS when the warzone is in progress.
(high/low settings do not matter)

Shouldn't need to build a LGA2011 i7 Rig to run a warzone at 30fps.
Exactly.... The point is people with great PC's can't even get the game to run stable overall. Yes the game may run great in some areas but it is not acceptable for other areas to be horribly shoddy FPS. The game doesn't even have graphics on par with Mass Effect 2 and my old 8800 GT could run that game at max graphics with no noticeable FPS drops anywhere in game. Something is not right with this game.

carrylot
12.25.2011 , 03:10 AM | #2083
Quote: Originally Posted by kaysar View Post
ive got 70-80fps in my ship, 60 if im in a building but standing still, as soon as i move itll drop to about 10 fps. combat is playable at times, usually 20-30 fps, which kinda ticks me off since i can play skyrim with reasonably high settings and 0 lag. come on bioware, just give us an estimate as to when we will get a patch to fix this.
Ya it makes no sense how you get 60 in a city then barely move and the fps plummets down when everything is loaded in etc. Really makes me want to rip my hair out. Some areas of the game aren't even graphically intense and my FPS will randomily crash down and back up for no reason on a 6850 HD Radeon 1 gig card. Like I said putting all settings to low doesn't change my FPS at all. Shadows on and off might give me 2-5 fps difference max.

kaysar
12.25.2011 , 03:15 AM | #2084
Quote: Originally Posted by carrylot View Post
Ya it makes no sense how you get 60 in a city then barely move and the fps plummets down when everything is loaded in etc. Really makes me want to rip my hair out. Some areas of the game aren't even graphically intense and my FPS will randomily crash down and back up for no reason on a 6850 HD Radeon 1 gig card. Like I said putting all settings to low doesn't change my FPS at all. Shadows on and off might give me 2-5 fps difference max.
yeeeeah... id be ripping my hair out too... but i shaved my head yesterday so thats a no go ;P just really wish bioware would give us some kind of estimate though.
"si vis pacem para bellum -- if you wish for peace prepare for war."

carrylot
12.25.2011 , 03:19 AM | #2085
Quote: Originally Posted by kaysar View Post
yeeeeah... id be ripping my hair out too... but i shaved my head yesterday so thats a no go ;P just really wish bioware would give us some kind of estimate though.
Ya I wont be re subbing if the issue isn't resolved. I bought a new processor which is coming soon, if I pop it in and nothing changes in the game then I give up. There is no reason a mid/high end PC shouldn't be able to run this game smooth yet I can run every other new game out there with zero complaints. This is always the reason great MMO's lose there player base. Vanguard Saga of Heroes/Eq 2 etc. EQ 2 wasn't that great tho but both of those games sucked on most peoples PC's at launch and there player base was gone within 6 months.

cesk
12.25.2011 , 03:24 AM | #2086
Exactly.... The point is people with great PC's can't even get the game to run stable overall. Yes the game may run great in some areas but it is not acceptable for other areas to be horribly shoddy FPS. The game doesn't even have graphics on par with Mass Effect 2 and my old 8800 GT could run that game at max graphics with no noticeable FPS drops anywhere in game. Something is not right with this game.

I think what I find even more annoying, is they stripped graphic options out for us to set.. like something as simple as view/draw distance.

What rational is there to removing graphic scalability slider options? I noticed LOD options in the ini file.. do LOD models for objects in this game even exist? I personally never see objects being scaled down based on distance. If this is true, that's a huge optimization oversight which needs to be addressed. You can't just throw massive raw polycounts at CPU's and GPU's and hope for the best.

I would recommend hotfix/patching back in the graphic options from beta - at least this would be a temp solution until your dev teams can locate and isolate these obvious issues players are experiencing.

Ya I wont be re subbing if the issue isn't resolved. I bought a new processor which is coming soon, if I pop it in and nothing changes in the game then I give up. There is no reason a mid/high end PC shouldn't be able to run this game smooth yet I can run every other new game out there with zero complaints. This is always the reason great MMO's lose there player base. Vanguard Saga of Heroes/Eq 2 etc. EQ 2 wasn't that great tho but both of those games sucked on most peoples PC's at launch and there player base was gone within 6 months.
I upgraded from a 6850 to the 580 GTX today, and SWTOR barely flinched fps wise. Every other game, nice big FPS increases (Not to say Skyrim and BF3 didn't run great on a 6850 already)

Raffoozle
12.25.2011 , 03:27 AM | #2087
Bumping

GeForce GTX550 TI OCed
Intel Quad 2.83Ghz
6 Gigs Ram

Have 110-120 FPS in my ship and some random spots outside of cities. Inside cities/around players/rebel fleet maybe around 30ish. WZ's never above 30-35.

Doing the settings high to low didn't really change anything, forcing AA did actually make the game a bit smoother but didn't help the FPS drops.

As a side note: I did download the new beta drivers from Nvidia and it did help the game run a bit better, not much but noticible. I still have the horrible FPS drops mostly just around players.

demolk
12.25.2011 , 03:40 AM | #2088
I'm starting to get pissed , playing with a 2secondes delay on warzone when i got 40ms ....

Artthen
12.25.2011 , 03:40 AM | #2089
Because this thread has exceeded our maximum post threshold, a new version has been created here. Please continue discussion within the new thread. Thank you!