Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Horrid FPS

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gifloun
12.24.2011 , 09:04 AM | #1891
I hope they get this fixed soon.
!!!!!ii‾δ‾‾Pך▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

treetops
12.24.2011 , 09:06 AM | #1892
When i log my character in to game, everything is black to start with apart from the UI stuff and map. Anyone else have this problem?? I have to leave it for a min or two before i can move whilst all the textures load or something.

I'm really sick of all the FPS issues. Sometimes it runs smooth (very rarely) like 50-100FPS, but MOST of the time i have huge drops in FPS every few seconds, right down to 0.x fps making it unplayable.

I'm now considering attempting an overclock on my Q6600 2.4 GHz cpu as i know this has helped some. I was really hoping to enjoy xmas hols with my son playing this game together but i guess its not to be. Come on Bioware, pull your fingers out. You've taken our money now give us a game we can play and enjoy.

mikphobos
12.24.2011 , 09:08 AM | #1893
I have the same problem .. my computer can play other online games on high resolution and be perfectly fine always around 70-50 fps... i check the requirements for this game and i am 100% sure my computer is over the minimum for lots, and still i get 20 fps if im m lucky.. and around 10-8 fps indoors and in flashpoints...it makes the game very hard to enjoy...

if the EA and bioware people want to keep this game running and get more people to play it, they need to solve this issue, this issue right here is a real killer for a online game.. its a great game.. a great idea, but if people cant enjoy it as is suppose, then me and many others will have no option but cancel the payment..

hopefully they are really working on it, and can fix it soon while we can take it, wich is no longer that 30 days free trial hehe.

Zemu
12.24.2011 , 09:14 AM | #1894
I get high FPS in openworld, 50+ FPS; average FPS in cities ~30 FPS; and low FPS in warzones and spacestations <23 FPS - no matter what settings I choose.

Spoiler

The low FPS isn't just indoors either.

ASUS M4A89TD AMD 890FX ATX Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz
8 GB DDR3 ram
GeForce GTX 280

Ujio_Edito
12.24.2011 , 09:14 AM | #1895
I get low FPS as soon as I go to the character select screen. I've contacted costumer support they recommended the traditional response of updating drivers and the like. What bothers me is that i can play other High performance games like Skyrim and have no trouble unless i have it on Ultra high. Another thing is that in beta i didnt have this problem.

Spoiler

Ozryn
12.24.2011 , 09:31 AM | #1896
same problem. Something needs to give here.

Marctraider
12.24.2011 , 09:32 AM | #1897
Bump.

Fix the damn graphics part of the game please.

Please don't respond to this thread if you don't have your computer set-up properly;

- Having PowerMizer interfere with your clockspeeds for instance.
- Some automated GPU switch technology like Optimus which keeps you from running the game properly with the right GPU.

I've seen alot of people complaining about FPS problems with high-end video cards (Also Mobiles) who (on top of the bad optimized game) do not have this set up properly.

Just a sidequestion; Anyone else experience massive memory usage after playing this game for a while? After an hour or so or maybe more the game starts to stutter like there is not enough available memory and has to keep swapping from pagefile all the time. I have 4GB of memory myself but its all being filled up pretty quick after a few hours. I would imagine it would unload stuff it wouldnt require any longer but it almost seems the case that it keeps everything in memory all the time. (For every place you have been).

As far as I know, this is the highest memory demanding I've ever seen before.

hermanlol
12.24.2011 , 09:36 AM | #1898
Hey! I got FPS problem too! Please Fixt it! There a big fps drop on warzones normally i can get up to 70 fps! But on warzones theres no more than 20!

Duaragon
12.24.2011 , 09:53 AM | #1899
Quote: Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
Bump.

Fix the damn graphics part of the game please.

Please don't respond to this thread if you don't have your computer set-up properly;

- Having PowerMizer interfere with your clockspeeds for instance.
- Some automated GPU switch technology like Optimus which keeps you from running the game properly with the right GPU.

I've seen alot of people complaining about FPS problems with high-end video cards (Also Mobiles) who (on top of the bad optimized game) do not have this set up properly.

Just a sidequestion; Anyone else experience massive memory usage after playing this game for a while? After an hour or so or maybe more the game starts to stutter like there is not enough available memory and has to keep swapping from pagefile all the time. I have 4GB of memory myself but its all being filled up pretty quick after a few hours. I would imagine it would unload stuff it wouldnt require any longer but it almost seems the case that it keeps everything in memory all the time. (For every place you have been).

As far as I know, this is the highest memory demanding I've ever seen before.

Yup the memmory management is a crap, and it looks like a typical memory leak [the game do not free the ram it do not use anymore, therfore it start to crawl after playing for some hour]

And about the people that have in your opinion wrongly configured hardware - dont be childis, this topic have more than 1k posts - you think thousand of users cant manage their pcs ?

But to clear things out as i said before i own 2 pcs, both above recomended [one can chew those recomended and spit them out] and do belive me both configured properly.
I tested most standard and non standard ways of tweaking the game - forcing constant 3d performance, some regular driver tweaks, ini tweaks - nothing have any impact on the engine, not even turning options down in case of warzones - those works purely like crap 15-20 fps [and in other places i get like 30-60 with no problems with ocasional stuttering when it drops to 20-25 for a couple of seconds].
And yes - turning shadows off improve framerate for both my pcs, thou i keep shadows on high -without them [as buggy as they are] it looks like visual crap of a bantha [and with them on full i still can manage 30-60 fps, except warzones that i stoped to do untill they fix them, same goes for some flashpoints]

Reasuming - the engine is purely crap in terms of optimisation, the game choke for no reason, you can stand next to the wall or look on the ground from fpp view and your fps will jump for no reason from 60 to 40-30 and up again.

Final conclusion - they said they have found the issue of fps drops for all that see improvement when shadows goes down, therefore if their solution wont be removing shadows [wich is possible, BW showed for now they dont know a bit about optimising their game so im prepared for any even the most stupid solutions] and they do implement it soon we can asume it will be fixed for all of us if we are lucky, if no - then this game dies sooner than APD died and EA will show they still SUCK and managing mmo titles [wich i do hope wont happen, since this mmo is most enjoable online game i had in years]
Dura Lex Sed Lex

Zemu
12.24.2011 , 09:55 AM | #1900
To show your DXDiag as they asked:

start > search: dxdiag > click dxdiag > run dxdiag > save your data, it will be a txt file> open your saved file > copy 'n paste the text of the file into the forums within spoiler brackets.... [$POILER] ...txt... [/$POILER] with an "S" instead of dollar sign