Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Horrid FPS

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Boesgaard
12.24.2011 , 08:04 AM | #1881
Yea i see windows 7 is better than vista, but BW can't make people buy a new OS just to play their game my rig should be able to play the game above recommended settings, vista or not.

Habboi
12.24.2011 , 08:08 AM | #1882
True but I've used Vista for 4 years and it made me completely miserable. It had so many flaws and I'd always run out of memory for my games development stuff and when SWTOR beta came out I had enough. I went to the store, got Windows 7 and never looked back.

Cannot believe I suffered Vista for so long.
Link to fix bad framerates below:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...22835&page=188

Boesgaard
12.24.2011 , 08:09 AM | #1883
Quote: Originally Posted by Habboi View Post
True but I've used Vista for 4 years and it made me completely miserable. It had so many flaws and I'd always run out of memory for my games development stuff and when SWTOR beta came out I had enough. I went to the store, got Windows 7 and never looked back.

Cannot believe I suffered Vista for so long.
64-bit or 34-bit? big diffrence tbh

thunderwut
12.24.2011 , 08:09 AM | #1884
bump..

DilKK
12.24.2011 , 08:13 AM | #1885
I have completly stable FPS (70-100) in every area apart from warzones. When i join the warzone at the start i get like 60 fps but as the fighting starts i drop to 10-20 all through the rest of the warzone. No matter what graphics i have it set on i always run it the same. I even tried the smallest resolution to see if it would change anythin but nothing happened.

I think its a problem with CPU bottlenecking. I have a AMD II Phenom 2.7ghz quadcore with 8gb ram. I have ran every other game ive ever played fine including deus ex human revolution, crysis, battlefeild 3 and wow.

I dont know what else i can do.. i really want to enjoy the warzones but i cant play them at all atm, Please help.

Gesome
12.24.2011 , 08:14 AM | #1886
Specs:
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 840 (4 CPUs), 3.2GHz (Not overclocked)
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Page File: 4670MB used, 3513MB available.
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit(6.1, build 7601)
Graphics Card: Radeon HD 5770(1GB)
Graphics Driver: 11.12(released 12/17/11)

I've only seen this kind of lag once before, and that was in the BF3 beta.
Seems to be a theme...
AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2GHz ---- 4gb DDR3,
ATI Radeon HD 5770 ---- Windows 7 Home 64 bit

Fix it.

Tuskov
12.24.2011 , 08:28 AM | #1887
Quite interesting.

Due to the lowest FPS ive seen in years, I was wondering about the solutions I could get.

1) Return the game as it doesnt reach my average quality levels.

This is impossible, since I downloaded the game and from the first mb i downloaded I lost my warranty.

2) Waiting a patch that will solve my FPS problems

No answer about when. But I still have to pay. No matter HOW i play.

3) Call my bank and order them not to pay. Nice solution if 2) and 1) are unavailable.

Since I like this game, I hope there will be a quick answer about when i will be playing nicely and smoothly. Till then, I will be playing "Dead Island", a much more hardware-demanding game that runs smoothly.

BTW:

Windows 7
ATI 5770 HD
No crossfire
No lower FPS indoors. Its the same as outdoors. 5 MIN - 20 MAX

Midian-a
12.24.2011 , 08:44 AM | #1888
Quote: Originally Posted by DilKK View Post
I have completly stable FPS (70-100) in every area apart from warzones. When i join the warzone at the start i get like 60 fps but as the fighting starts i drop to 10-20 all through the rest of the warzone. No matter what graphics i have it set on i always run it the same. I even tried the smallest resolution to see if it would change anythin but nothing happened.

I think its a problem with CPU bottlenecking. I have a AMD II Phenom 2.7ghz quadcore with 8gb ram. I have ran every other game ive ever played fine including deus ex human revolution, crysis, battlefeild 3 and wow.

I dont know what else i can do.. i really want to enjoy the warzones but i cant play them at all atm, Please help.

I have exactly the same problem as you, EXACTLY THE SAME

RyanMumby
12.24.2011 , 08:47 AM | #1889
The problem isnt our systems, its on their end and they are aware, its just a waiting game now, hopefulyl they fix ALL fps issues not just the ones for warzones, ive personally unsubscribed and only playing whilst i have my free 30 days since im not paying for an incomplete game

MrGooch
12.24.2011 , 08:48 AM | #1890
Quote: Originally Posted by Dgzter View Post

I certainly wasn't expecting much at all, but as it met the Minimum Requirements I was hoping I'd at least be able to achieve something playable. Unfortunately even with everything set at Low/Off and on low resolutions the game constantly stutters and remains between 2-15 FPS - moving the settings up or down doesn't seem to affect it at all, for better or worse (only when I crank everything up to the max does it deteriorate further). When trying to access menus or bags it stutters for a second before popping up, movement is choppy and everything just seems that slight bit unresponsive. I daren't step into a Flashpoint as even in Heroics the FPS drops to 2-5, and PvP is just completely unplayable.

I'd happily settle for woeful graphics if it simply ran smooth enough to interact properly with the world...
I'm having the same exact problem.
Here's my dxdiag:

Spoiler