Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Horrid FPS

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheMarez
12.21.2011 , 11:25 PM | #1371
Quote: Originally Posted by amirtimur View Post
I have a gtx 580 platinum edition so it should really be enough for this game. But as I said before, I am not alone with this problem.
Yea, that card should eat this game for breakfast.., yet a friend of mine is running a regular gtx 580 and it runs flawlessly. At the very lowest he gets 97 frames.
It does appear to be fleshing out to be certain models that come out ok and others that perhaps were forgotten or something? I really don't understand how any of this is happening in the first place.

But my measly gtx 260 is jumping from 110 fps in the starship on max to being unable to go above 20 fps in warzone/ anywhere else.

TheMarez
12.21.2011 , 11:25 PM | #1372
Quote: Originally Posted by n5-l1 View Post
greetings all,

thank you for all of the valuable information that you have provided.

We are currently investigating this issue and we hope to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and we appreciate your patience with this issue.
hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amirtimur
12.21.2011 , 11:27 PM | #1373
Quote: Originally Posted by TheMarez View Post
Yea, that card should eat this game for breakfast.., yet a friend of mine is running a regular gtx 580 and it runs flawlessly. At the very lowest he gets 97 frames.
It does appear to be fleshing out to be certain models that come out ok and others that perhaps were forgotten or something? I really don't understand how any of this is happening in the first place.

But my measly gtx 260 is jumping from 110 fps in the starship on max to being unable to go above 20 fps in warzone/ anywhere else.
same here. The starship is the only place I can enjoy wihout fast drops.
But did you notice that the protocol droid responded to our thread!!! The small things makes the difference right now.

TheMarez
12.21.2011 , 11:28 PM | #1374
But did you notice that the protocol droid responded to our thread!!! The small things makes the difference right now.
Yes!!!! I'm hoping something gets fixed real soon.

Reapon
12.21.2011 , 11:28 PM | #1375
amirtimur....i knew we could do it.....just a little hard work and we gets sum yellow!!!!!!!!!!

KarlSmash
12.21.2011 , 11:29 PM | #1376
Well the main problem is it is very difficult to code a game for a variety of systems. If you look at Battlefield 3, they knew that game was going to be used for higher end systems, so it was easy to narrow down the kind of support it used. This game however was designed to run on low end all the way up to high end systems, it makes it harder to code. Now instead of 30 support video cards, there are 200+. Instead of 50 CPUs, there are 200+.

Now why they have this issue now, when there was nothing wrong in beta, I have no clue. I just understand the complexities required to make something this widescale.

Wuggzie
12.21.2011 , 11:29 PM | #1377
I have the same issues with what appears to be memory leaks, and unstable framerates on a very high end machine for the current quarter.

I can't ask about this problem in-game because I will simply be trolled by fanboys that tell me to "get a better computer." I upgraded my video card specifically for this game a week before release, and I am greatly dissapointed it does not even use 50% of the GPU. WoW runs and looks better than this game. Yes - I said it. Those words have been in my head for a while and I am scared of what kind of harassment I may receive for saying them but there it is.

amirtimur
12.21.2011 , 11:29 PM | #1378
Quote: Originally Posted by TheMarez View Post
Yes!!!! I'm hoping something gets fixed real soon.
Indeed, It would be a very good xmas gift if I could use my holliday for some gaming

amirtimur
12.21.2011 , 11:31 PM | #1379
Quote: Originally Posted by Reapon View Post
amirtimur....i knew we could do it.....just a little hard work and we gets sum yellow!!!!!!!!!!
Yes! It took all night and I will have an angry wife waking uo in a few hours but it was worth it.

If we becomes this excited just by a respons from the yellow, imagine how we will react when we actually can play this game as intended!!!

TheMarez
12.21.2011 , 11:31 PM | #1380
Indeed, It would be a very good xmas gift if I could use my holliday for some gaming
Yeah no kidding haha.
I for one am also glad I don't have to dish out any more money this holiday season. Phew.