Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Horrid FPS

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

douglastroop
12.14.2011 , 07:12 PM | #1
Alright I dont know if this is the right place to put this but for some reason whenever I am near a building or go in a cave my FPS plummets. Everywhere else its good and about 90 but when I go in a cave or inside a building it drops to about 2. Any advice would be muchly appreciated. I even tried running it on its lowest possible settings and it still does it. I am at my wits end with this. Please help
For every man there is a cause for which he will gladly die for,
Defend the right to have a place to which he can belong to,
And every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation,
And shed his blood to stem the tide to barricade invasion.

Zabonam
12.14.2011 , 07:13 PM | #2
It's happening to a lot of people. Some are getting really bad fps and they're not even near caves or buildings. It seems to leak memory in some cases.

There hasn't really been any official word so I don't know when it will be sorted.

Eginhardt
12.14.2011 , 09:08 PM | #3
You can try putting all your settings on high but turning off shadows. Worked perfectly for me. That seems to work the best for people having the problems of lags in buildings. I did it and the effect was immediate.
"Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer my fantasy RPG characters not be wearing assless chaps."
"Young girls are told you have to be the delicate princess. Hermione taught them that you can be the warrior. - Emma Watson"

Skodar
12.14.2011 , 09:19 PM | #4
Without specs and/or a dxdiag, most of us aren't gonna be able to help you except give general info like turning down settings or updating drivers.
What they need to do is stop trying to "balance" for PvP and publically state the obvious -- that PvP is a mini-game in a MMORPG.

douglastroop
12.14.2011 , 09:54 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Eginhardt View Post
You can try putting all your settings on high but turning off shadows. Worked perfectly for me. That seems to work the best for people having the problems of lags in buildings. I did it and the effect was immediate.
So wait I am running on medium settings and you suggest INCREASING THEM? I am sorry I am not following.

Eginhardt
12.14.2011 , 09:57 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by douglastroop View Post
So wait I am running on medium settings and you suggest INCREASING THEM? I am sorry I am not following.
Dude, trust a fellow gamer. I was talking someone through it in game and he said the same thing. Increase your specs for everything but shadow. Turn that off. You can also turn bloom, conversation depth of field and vertical sync off (You can play with those, it improved my settings but it might vary for you.) Do it, it works oddly enough. I went from 2 fps to 25.
"Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer my fantasy RPG characters not be wearing assless chaps."
"Young girls are told you have to be the delicate princess. Hermione taught them that you can be the warrior. - Emma Watson"

douglastroop
12.14.2011 , 09:59 PM | #7
Dude, trust a fellow gamer. I was talking someone through it in game and he said the same thing. Increase your specs for everything but shadow. Turn that off. You can also turn bloom, conversation depth of field and vertical sync off (You can play with those, it improved my settings but it might vary for you.) Do it, it works oddly enough. I went from 2 fps to 25.
Alright I will take your word for it. Here goes nothing.

Velixius
12.14.2011 , 10:00 PM | #8
Yeah I was at like 50-60 fps earlier and now when I was in balmera my fps was like 15.. and in a warzone it went to like 5-8?

This laptop is literally brand new so I am pretty sure it's not a graphics card/ processor issue
Death is such a small impediment.
CE VIP

Eginhardt
12.14.2011 , 10:01 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Velixius View Post
Yeah I was at like 50-60 fps earlier and now when I was in balmera my fps was like 15.. and in a warzone it went to like 5-8?

This laptop is literally brand new so I am pretty sure it's not a graphics card/ processor issue
You can try the fix I suggested. I know it worked for a lot of people with high end computers.

If you have a radeon card, there was a fix suggested here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=22757

douglastroop
12.14.2011 , 10:09 PM | #10
You can try the fix I suggested. I know it worked for a lot of people with high end computers.

If you have a radeon card, there was a fix suggested here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=22757
my graphics card is not exactly high end its an ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics