Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Quest The Lightspring

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Class Quest The Lightspring

kjensen
01.24.2012 , 08:05 AM | #1
what lvl do one need to be, for the Class Quest {The Lightspring ??}
for it is like i lost over 5 lvl on Tatooine i am lvl 28, i am get kill so fast under 1 min
from any npc.
Twi’lek Smuggler gunslinger level 50
Twi’lek Jedi Knight guardian level 50
Cyborg Trooper commando level 50
Mirialan Jedi Consular sage level 50

Melkathi
01.24.2012 , 08:23 AM | #2
Lightspring can be the hardest smuggler mission. My advice is to find some of the other Lightspring threads here in this part of the forum where people have posted very good strategies to beat it. It should not be a level thing (after all, you can see what level your enemies are and I think for class quests they are always your level). Lightspring just needs a bit more thought, strategy and planning and possibly a bit of luck. Pretty much everyone dies a few times in this mission.

Metalmac
01.24.2012 , 09:17 AM | #3
Any quest that requires a Smuggler to instantly jump into battle is a anti-class quest.

Let me explain that Smuggler and Gunfighter need a preparation time in order go have skills up and ready to fight. And Lightspring like many other quests are designed for JEDI or SITH Warriors ONLY.

When the game is designed around only the Light-saber class of character you get these situations of CRAZY HARD CLASS QUESTS.

Let me ask you what quest do the Light-saber class have that equals the Lightspring?

Answer: NONE!
Reason: All quests are designed around the Light-saber class to play and do.

YourMomWasHere
01.24.2012 , 09:34 AM | #4
Boiled down version of most of the advice.
Spoiler

kjensen
01.24.2012 , 10:01 AM | #5
Thanks for all of the info nice i have done it,
Twi’lek Smuggler gunslinger level 50
Twi’lek Jedi Knight guardian level 50
Cyborg Trooper commando level 50
Mirialan Jedi Consular sage level 50

TollShaddar
01.24.2012 , 07:25 PM | #6
I say they should have more missions like this. Missions where you have to actually think before you act and where going in guns blazing does not work.

I disagree that this is a Jedi mission. It is smuggler mission all the way. What would a smuggler do if he saw two Jedi fighting. Leave them to it. Go after Diego first and it will go much easier. And don't go all out on the Jedi/sith. Let the force user tank.

GuruMaux
01.24.2012 , 10:05 PM | #7
Combat was very smuggler oriented. Use disappearing act and have fun watching sith and jedi jumping at each other throats. I died many times trying to do it conventional ways - and I enjoyed it. More than any other class quest. Even recorded on my fraps. Easiest way is of course to let jedi tank sith and kill smuggler first.

Melkathi
01.24.2012 , 10:06 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TollShaddar View Post
What would a smuggler do if he saw two Jedi fighting. Leave them to it.
As most smugglers say very clearly in Esseles (when the Jedi in the party meat the Sith) if they win the dialogue roll.
"I'll leave you guys to it..."

Thelooney
01.24.2012 , 11:17 PM | #9
Just remember that your Jedi friend (or sith friend too, I suppose depending on your choice) is practically invincible. What this means is the fight is pretty much 1 then the next.

Just make sure corso (or whoever you have out) isn't aoe'ing the lightsaber wielder onto you. Single target, interrupt heal (stun, flash nade, traditional interrupts) and then heal up (using the energy free channeled one) and slowly beat down the saber wielder.

Baelish
01.25.2012 , 07:19 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TollShaddar View Post
I disagree that this is a Jedi mission. It is smuggler mission all the way. What would a smuggler do if he saw two Jedi fighting. Leave them to it.
Apart from all the other times when you've kicked the living daylights out of Sith and their little friends.

Quote:
Go after Diego first and it will go much easier.
Why in Ifni's dark Abyss would you even touch a target that's been CCed? Jedi CC breaks on damage, so leaving the fat oik dangling is the natural thing to do. Only, if you're a Sawbones you can't churn out enough damage to finish the Sith before the CC finishes and Diago starts healing her. You'd have to be pretty lucky or fast with the Disappearing Act (and even then, I'm not sure you've got enough interrupts to beat Diago down from full) to get this down first time through without pre-warning.