Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

slowantics
10.02.2012 , 02:32 PM | #681
i can hardly play sent combat spec anymore. blade rush is clunky(?) does seem to do anythign when i click on it.
when i hit master strike i see the animation but there wont be any damage
Signature: Coming Soon

Foobert
10.02.2012 , 03:35 PM | #682
The main delay issue I had during beta and launch was JK riposte. It would take a while to trigger even though it was supposed to be instant and outside of the gcd loop. You'd tap riposte for a killing blow and you'd wait like 0.25 seconds before it killed the target. It seemed to have gotten much better since 1.3.

I really haven't had too many other issues with trigger delays now, except that I would like to see GCD text on everything tied to the GCD (just so it meshes with the other CD text I have configured to display). Also implementing the action queue properly would be nice (although I don't expect we'll ever see KOTOR-style action queueing evar again).

Warlord_Maliken
10.02.2012 , 03:57 PM | #683
Quote: Originally Posted by xngxng View Post
So many posts and it all boils down to a full remake of the game-engine which will either not happen or take several years.
I really hope this isn't the case, but I am ignorant on the technical details that cause the problem. I would like to say that this is SWTOR's #1 issue for this game without a doubt. It frustrates me beyond measure every time I pvp in this game, and i pvp alot. My main is a 100 valor Juggernaught, and i'd say every 10 seconds or so, i'll get a double global cooldown thanks to the delay. It is not my computer, i've played on many computers inculding top notch, super expensive gaming computers and all of them had this issue.

Nemmar
10.04.2012 , 01:52 PM | #684
I made a thread about this issue but i cant seem to find it anymore.

These issues seemed pretty much resolved when 1.4 originally came out. The GCD was not shaky and i wouldnt lose GCD's nor double dip character animations of a skill (ravage usually). Unfortunely with the lastest mini-patch things have gone back to beeing pretty bad.

I dont know if its because lots of people came about because of the new raid. I would like the combat to go back to what i felt it like when 1.4 came out. It made me believe it really can be fixed and made great.

I dont know if its related to the graphics, or the lag, but something seems to have broken it. I totally believe it can be done after i saw it work on 1.4 original release.

Trews
10.04.2012 , 02:22 PM | #685
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
I made a thread about this issue but i cant seem to find it anymore.

These issues seemed pretty much resolved when 1.4 originally came out. The GCD was not shaky and i wouldnt lose GCD's nor double dip character animations of a skill (ravage usually). Unfortunely with the lastest mini-patch things have gone back to beeing pretty bad.

I dont know if its because lots of people came about because of the new raid. I would like the combat to go back to what i felt it like when 1.4 came out. It made me believe it really can be fixed and made great.

I dont know if its related to the graphics, or the lag, but something seems to have broken it. I totally believe it can be done after i saw it work on 1.4 original release.
Glad 1.4 was good for someone, because while it did speed up the animations a bit, i still had trouble with the gcd resetting and animation stuttering, especially in pvp. Seems to be the worst when you're moving while using an ability. Vicious slash for example, this stutters alllllllll the time for me while im strafing around in pvp. very annoying.

Nemmar
10.04.2012 , 03:03 PM | #686
I did play on bg and had no problem on that patch. I never had the chance to test on a raid though.

I think speeding up animations might be the way to go.

Eillack
10.04.2012 , 03:05 PM | #687
Necroooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Nemmar
10.04.2012 , 03:10 PM | #688
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Necroooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
From two days ago? Hardly a necroing. The issue is stil present.

This video that the other user posted here is very clear about the issue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GPzIwQeBZI

Allison, if you ever check this thread out, please link this short video to the devs so they know exactly what were talking about.

This has always been the issue with the combat, not what at the beggining some haters tried to say the problem was. The combat in the game is very good, but these issues prevent it from beeing perfect.

Deewe
10.04.2012 , 04:40 PM | #689
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
From two days ago? Hardly a necroing. The issue is stil present.

This video that the other user posted here is very clear about the issue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GPzIwQeBZI

Allison, if you ever check this thread out, please link this short video to the devs so they know exactly what were talking about.

This has always been the issue with the combat, not what at the beggining some haters tried to say the problem was. The combat in the game is very good, but these issues prevent it from beeing perfect.
Noticed the delay since beta but now I understand the magic 2nd castbar on gathering activities.

Thanks for the link

Metalmac
10.04.2012 , 05:51 PM | #690
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
Noticed the delay since beta but now I understand the magic 2nd castbar on gathering activities.

Thanks for the link
This video shows that the Hero Engine is just screwed up and can not be fixed.
You can not fix a broken product. This is why EA/BioWare just threw in the towel and continue to ignore issues.

Really what else can they do? The core Hero Engine is crap and a complete re-write is not a option.

Sorry but they bought a broken product and were told it was a broken product but management ignored this fact.