Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Delays are gone!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Humankeg
01.25.2012 , 06:12 PM | #701
Quote: Originally Posted by Dargnon View Post
BH skill Carbonize still broken if target moves. Kinda sad, since its a stun that our set bonus applies to!
Yea, I keep forgetting to look around for this issue. Haven't been able to freeze players in an even remotely close success rate in pvp. I'd say 1/15 times does a player actually get stunned by carbonize. Wondering what the issue is.

Kamiosoup
01.25.2012 , 06:12 PM | #702
the delay isn't gone at all

just did a bunch of warzones and its very much still there, might not be as noticable but its still there

also the moving straight after mounting STILL dismounts you

GeorgZoeller
01.25.2012 , 07:08 PM | #703 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by RealAeiouy View Post
The speeder issue has NOTHING to do with ability delay
Correct.

The speeder issue is a separate problem (the cast bar is client anticipated and therefore not reflecting the state of the server) that will be handled as a separate fix in the near future.

Riddickcz
01.26.2012 , 01:54 AM | #704
I would just like to add that yesterday I did some extensive testing especially in PvP on my operative alt and I actually did feel some improvement. So yea, its def on the right track, keep up the good work. Make us proud
The crazy is strong with this one.
http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/f744bd09b5be85fa.png

Nirf
01.26.2012 , 04:28 AM | #705
Most of the people posting here saying "this and that still doesn't work" clearly are not aware that the changes mentioned are usually in reference to whats going on in the TEST SERVERS, servers that are running a newer version of the game for TESTING purposes. So read a couple posts and know what thread you are actually posting in before you do so.

I even see it working both ways, people are saying "OH YEH ITS TOTALLY FIXED!" when really they don't have a clue and are just puttering along on a version of the game that isnt supposed to have the fixes yet.

Please, it doesn't help anyone to post ******** comments that only help to confuse the few people from BioWare who actually read this.

/endrant

amonre
01.26.2012 , 08:24 AM | #706
Since 1.1.0b, I've noticed animation stuttering when using skills. If I try to use just about anything, Blade Storm, Force Sweep, Hilt Strike, etc., the animation stutters, showing the first 0.25 s or so of the animation 2-3 times before following through (for instance, Blade Storm looks like I do two Hilt Strikes before finally following through with the entire swing) and completing the entire animation. It also appears to be making things LESS responsive than prior to the patch. I hope this issue will be resolved soon.

Voraxus
01.26.2012 , 08:35 AM | #707
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
As you guys have noticed (and probably read in the patch notes), one major part of our series of ability delay improvements was patched onto the live servers with the maintenance last night (patch 1.1.0b). We decided that the improvements seen with this fix were significant enough for us to roll this patch out as quickly as possible instead of waiting for the next scheduled patch.

Your feedback from the servers so far indicates that this change has had dramatic, positive impact on combat gameplay.

That said, we're not done improving combat responsiveness!
  • As mentioned in my blog a few days ago, there are some additional fixes currently on our public test server as part of patch 1.1.1, which will roll out as soon as we're satisfied with that patch.
  • We've heard your mixed feedback regarding the new cooldown animation that was part of patch 1.1, and we have improvements to the readability of that UI coming down the pipe.
  • We're looking into improving the accuracy of cast bars. Their behavior should already be significantly improved with today's patch, but we believe there is still room to improve.
  • We're also working on improvements to the responsiveness of individual ability animations, including faction specific timing differences and issues where shortening an ability activation time does not properly shorten it's animation.
Again, thank you for your constructive feedback on this issue, it has been vital to us in identifying and resolving this situation.

Regards

Georg
Delays are not gone. I was PvPing last night and Delays were still in full effect.
VOX
<Emperium>
Sith Assassin

Prophecy of Five

Erasimus
01.26.2012 , 09:13 AM | #708
I've noticed considerable improvement in delays and my ability to time spells.

1. The cooldown timers now, for the most part, are accurately reflecting the cooldowns on my abilities. They were not doing so before the patch.
2. With few exceptions my instants go off, well instantly so long as the global cooldown is over.

I haven't had an issue someone mentioned earlier with freezing, stuning, etc. on my characters. I am still having some video glitches etc.

Most of the people I've talked to have reported significant improvement, even my son an avid PvPer who was ready to quit is now hanging in there to see if the improvements continue.

I have had the game lockup once or twice, usually when I first log in.

I have been setting the process priority on the two SWTOR processes to above normal.
"Give light and the darkness will disappear of itself."

HavenAE
01.26.2012 , 09:15 AM | #709
I wouldn't say all of the ability delay is fixed.. I still have issues on my marauder, but not as much as I did. My assassin also never had much of a problem, or at least I didn't think she did but I noticed improvements on her as well.

Of course Bioware did say there was more than one issues causing the delays and they fixed some of the problem, not all.

And of course there are going to be people who exaggerate and say it didn't get fixed at all simply because they still notice it's happening. Ignoring that it may not be happening as often or as severely. Because that's what these forums are all about over-exaggeration.

In all I'm impressed they got as much of it that they did fix, just make sure you keep working on it Bioware and get the whole thing fixed.
Have a complaint? Click this link before posting.

http://mrlizard.com/rants/why-havent...ixed-this-bug/

Orisai
01.26.2012 , 10:24 AM | #710
There are some abilities like the IA's Cover which still suffer from delays, specially in combat. In PvP it severely reduces Snipers reaction.
LEGION ORISAI DYNAMICS

Latin American Imperial PvE Guild