Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Delays are gone!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheHeadCapper's Avatar


TheHeadCapper
01.24.2012 , 04:39 PM | #491
Quote: Originally Posted by Balbosa View Post
I cant feel a difference and yes the speeder still dismounts when going forward at the end of cast bar. That right there should tell you the problem is still present. I do however feel a smoother wz experience. Not as smooth and sweet as WoW game play but its ok.
Umm different issue, actually the speeder is a non issue, it's about ignorance.
The formula 'two plus two equals five' is not without its attractions

DragnHntr's Avatar


DragnHntr
01.24.2012 , 04:43 PM | #492
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHeadCapper View Post
Umm different issue, actually the speeder is a non issue, it's about ignorance.
Mounting up, the cast bar finishing, starting to move, having the speeder appear and then dissapear again...

It is an issue of delay in an ability causing a feeling of non responsiveness. It is absolutely under the same umbrella as other issues classified as ability delay, claiming otherwise is ignorance.
CE Preorder ◄╠╣╠╣╠╣╠╬(██████████████████████████████████)

Balbosa's Avatar


Balbosa
01.24.2012 , 04:47 PM | #493
Quote: Originally Posted by DragnHntr View Post
Mounting up, the cast bar finishing, starting to move, having the speeder appear and then dissapear again...

It is an issue of delay in an ability causing a feeling of non responsiveness. It is absolutely under the same umbrella as other abilities classified as ability delay, claiming otherwise is ignorance.
This^^. If they fixed ability delays, how come they couldnt fix mount delay. Would mount delay be much easier to fix than ability's?

Slurmez's Avatar


Slurmez
01.24.2012 , 04:49 PM | #494
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
[*]We've heard your mixed feedback regarding the new cooldown animation that was part of patch 1.1, and we have improvements to the readability of that UI coming down the pipe.

Regards

Georg
Wheres the "mixed" feedback? It was all dire

Aurinax's Avatar


Aurinax
01.24.2012 , 04:51 PM | #495
Confirmed, had even more of a blast than usual in warzones this morning before work as a Marauder with the improved responsiveness.

BioWare, keep hitting homeruns like this with major problems and SWTOR is g2g.

Ituhata's Avatar


Ituhata
01.24.2012 , 04:52 PM | #496
I'm glad people read the blog and noted that today's patch was only addressing one of multiple issues combining to cause the overall affect known as ability delay. The other two that were mentioned in the blog probably haven't even made it to ptr yet, but that is where they are destined before they hit live servers sometime in the future.

EDIT to say the blog also mentions even those are not a full cure, they are still chasing down all the gremlins.

rastamanman's Avatar


rastamanman
01.24.2012 , 04:54 PM | #497
another way to see the delay is to use 1 of them car TAXI not a speeder taxi u will need to wait about .5sec-1sec before u can move not really sure if it is same that cause ability delay i just know its not normal and should be able to walk soon as off taxi just like speeder taxi.

Froth's Avatar


Froth
01.24.2012 , 05:00 PM | #498
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurmez View Post
Wheres the "mixed" feedback? It was all dire
any news is good news? .....i feel like my grandpa
ya? well if i'm so crazy then why do my oven mitts like to eat cookies, hmm?

Sarfux's Avatar


Sarfux
01.24.2012 , 05:02 PM | #499
Quote: Originally Posted by Fireline View Post
Dude, i hate this game, I haven't played it for 1 week now (my 30 days end on 25th tomorrow).
I'm not gonna sub and this fix doesn't fix the game nearly enough for me.
Yet, I logged in and did a WZ to test this and I notice it, I could barelly do interrupts before, because it would wait for animation crap, not I don't even see the animation and it just interrupts.
And overall feels a tad smoother to chain abilities.

There is definitly improvement, that said the game still feels clunky to me.
and you feel like you wanted to post and say that...why?....
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

Sleekit's Avatar


Sleekit
01.24.2012 , 05:13 PM | #500
Quote: Originally Posted by Ituhata View Post
I'm glad people read the blog and noted that today's patch was only addressing one of multiple issues combining to cause the overall affect known as ability delay. The other two that were mentioned in the blog probably haven't even made it to ptr yet, but that is where they are destined before they hit live servers sometime in the future.
you are aware that generally speaking sarcasm doesn't actually work in print right ?