Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Delays are gone!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ryzerion
01.24.2012 , 02:15 PM | #411
Video or BS thanks

I hope they fixed it TBH!!!!

Tempuro
01.24.2012 , 02:17 PM | #412
I've done some PVP tonight, and I must say it is ALOT better for healing (even accurate in my experience), so...good work!
IRA DEORUM is looking for allies for raid flexibility, partnering and plain old fun! Requirements: small guild, imperial, serious focus on end content and willing!

rsomazzi
01.24.2012 , 02:29 PM | #413
What, if any impact does this have on the Trooper? I may not understand the full extent of this delay thing.

I have instants as well as non, what does this impact? Mortar Volley, which seems to have a delay nested within another delay before it fires?

Grandpappy
01.24.2012 , 02:33 PM | #414
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryzerion View Post
Video or BS thanks

I hope they fixed it TBH!!!!
I notice NO difference at all. I'm still getting 15fps in WZ's - just unacceptable.
Inside video from Bioware's PVP development dept working on the next patch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh3tuL_DVsE

jHats
01.24.2012 , 02:34 PM | #415
"You're"

Fixed.
Dump Truck
Emperium - Prophecy of the Five

Fujitasix
01.24.2012 , 02:34 PM | #416
Quote: Originally Posted by rsomazzi View Post
What, if any impact does this have on the Trooper? I may not understand the full extent of this delay thing.

I have instants as well as non, what does this impact? Mortar Volley, which seems to have a delay nested within another delay before it fires?
My understanding is that it's done nothing - yet. I can't get anyone to put up a video so I can see if there's any difference, but the last BW post indicates they haven't done anything to correct the animation durations vs. your alacrity, or in the case of mortar volley, flat out adding a full second to the cast bar to represent the actual duration.

jHats
01.24.2012 , 02:35 PM | #417
Quote: Originally Posted by Grandpappy View Post
I notice NO difference at all. I'm still getting 15fps in WZ's - just unacceptable.
FPS and the ability delay issue had / having are two different things. Sure. FPS will cause ability delay, but the delay talked about is experienced by people with perfect FPS.
Dump Truck
Emperium - Prophecy of the Five

Wikar
01.24.2012 , 02:36 PM | #418
Well, does not fixed for me (however i was never experience fps issue, so it's probaly was alot worse for guys with fps issues and now partaly fixed)

- Mounting - step forward (just to move with mount forward) - dismount, i can do it all day long in WoW without single fail and SWTORs mirror as same but failing (dismount) EVERY single try, unless i give client and server time to sort things between them. And yes, i see animation of mounting and then instant dismounting.

Quite simple test on Sniper if someone wants:
- Bind mouse wheel down to one quick slot
- Put in this slot Crouch
- Put in this slot in Crouch page Snipe
- Now target mob and do mouse wheel down (not a single one but like you just scrolling page so it will register a few scroll actions, one for Crouch one for casting Snipe)

In a result you will enter in Crouch and start casting Snipe (also you will have a red text "Not Ready Yet"), your charapter will animate a casting snipe, you will have a cast bar but at the end nothing happens :) nothing fire\no damage\mob will NOT aggroing you.

This shows that client and server state are not synchronised in proper way. Client think you are in Crouch and able to use Snipe and this is TRUE and Ok, since 1 scroll action enter Crouch (not on GCD) second scroll action - cast Snipe (you can't do it in another way since Crouching and Snipe in same quick slot but Snipe exist only in Crouch sub-tab).

BUT Server for some reason think you are trying to use Snipe before Crouch (remember both action use almost instantly maybe even with time difference lower than ping, but maybe higher also. not sure), anyway Server think you use Snipe first and then Crouch, this is WHY you see red text "Not Ready Yet".

Thats why sometime you feel your charapter in not responsive as you want it. Also Casting without castbar is still here (tested on a step-heal-step-heal thingy).

Im still hoping for additional changes in this department, but fearing they all will be a band aid fixes, not adressing core problem but trying to solve all skills respone one by one :(

Docmal
01.24.2012 , 02:36 PM | #419
I dont know what you people are smoking but the patch improved the delay issue for me.

I have a mid range system (Core 2 Quad, ati 6850). My problem is that I like to run at native res on my 30 inch monitor which is 2560 x 1600. Most of the time I have acceptable frame rates in the 30-40 range but I experience stuttering often. The ability delay was hell when playing my shadow tank. Most times my cooldowns would take 3 or 4 presses to go off even when I wasnt doing anything else. Then there were times were my toon would just stand there getting beat on while he waited to execute the interrupt I pressed 2 seconds ago.

I played all morning after the patch - completing my characters level 50 story quest on corellia. It was the best combat gameplay experience I have had thus far. My character was rolling through combat like I always thought he should.

It was great. Its not perfect, I think I sometimes experience some of the issues fixed in 1.1.1, but this is an improvement for me and its no plecebo BS.

My theory is that they fine tuned some of the threading issues and maybe removed some unnecessary semephores to improve performance on midrange multicore systems.

Foho
01.24.2012 , 02:38 PM | #420
Quote: Originally Posted by Grandpappy View Post
Low FPS indicate you probably don't meet system requirement or are overdue for a fresh ghost installation and computer clean up... It has nothing to do with delay, or unresponsiveness issue that has been documented. Sry?