Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Delays are gone!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vandaman
01.24.2012 , 01:35 PM | #391
Quote: Originally Posted by stupidhero View Post
They had the whole freaking beta test long to fix it. They didn't bother to touch upon the issue, until people started to rant about it upon release.
Grats... you know i think they needed to fix the bugs that didn't even let people play or log in first... Priority system my friend

GeorgZoeller
01.24.2012 , 01:38 PM | #392 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
As you guys have noticed (and probably read in the patch notes), one major part of our series of ability delay improvements was patched onto the live servers with the maintenance last night (patch 1.1.0b). We decided that the improvements seen with this fix were significant enough for us to roll this patch out as quickly as possible instead of waiting for the next scheduled patch.

Your feedback from the servers so far indicates that this change has had dramatic, positive impact on combat gameplay.

That said, we're not done improving combat responsiveness!
  • As mentioned in my blog a few days ago, there are some additional fixes currently on our public test server as part of patch 1.1.1, which will roll out as soon as we're satisfied with that patch.
  • We've heard your mixed feedback regarding the new cooldown animation that was part of patch 1.1, and we have improvements to the readability of that UI coming down the pipe.
  • We're looking into improving the accuracy of cast bars. Their behavior should already be significantly improved with today's patch, but we believe there is still room to improve.
  • We're also working on improvements to the responsiveness of individual ability animations, including faction specific timing differences and issues where shortening an ability activation time does not properly shorten it's animation.
Again, thank you for your constructive feedback on this issue, it has been vital to us in identifying and resolving this situation.

Regards

Georg

HeroXx
01.24.2012 , 01:42 PM | #393
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
As you guys have noticed (and probably read in the patch notes), one major part of our series of ability delay improvements was patched onto the live servers with the maintenance last night (patch 1.1.0b). We decided that the improvements seen with this fix were significant enough for us to roll this patch out as quickly as possible instead of waiting for the next scheduled patch.

Your feedback from the servers so far indicates that this change has had dramatic, positive impact on combat gameplay.

That said, we're not done improving combat responsiveness!
  • As mentioned in my blog a few days ago, there are some additional fixes currently on our public test server as part of patch 1.1.1, which will roll out as soon as we're satisfied with that patch.
  • We've heard your mixed feedback regarding the new cooldown animation that was part of patch 1.1, and we have improvements to the readability of that UI coming down the pipe.
  • We're looking into improving the accuracy of cast bars. Their behavior should already be significantly improved with today's patch, but we believe there is still room to improve.
  • We're also working on improvements to the responsiveness of individual ability animations, including faction specific timing differences and issues where shortening an ability activation time does not properly shorten it's animation.
Again, thank you for your constructive feedback on this issue, it has been vital to us in identifying and resolving this situation.

Regards

Georg
So we'd be safe to assume that instant casts and the likes will improve some?

At the moment it just feels incredibly clunky.

Mandrax
01.24.2012 , 01:44 PM | #394
Quote: Originally Posted by HeroXx View Post
So we'd be safe to assume that instant casts and the likes will improve some?

At the moment it just feels incredibly clunky.
Let's hope so. Instant should mean instant, not that it instantly triggers the animation that takes 1.5 seconds to actually fire off (yes Rail Shot, I am talking about you!).
Space, is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space...

Mitheril
01.24.2012 , 01:44 PM | #395
Can't say how pleased I'm to actually see response and answers from CS and developers today....not sure what has happend at Bioware, but I feel I've learned more from them in the last 24 hours than in the previous 1,5 months.
I am what I am and that's all that I am.

Isitme
01.24.2012 , 01:47 PM | #396
No, they arent.

it has been improved yes, but alot of **** is still there.

JCommando
01.24.2012 , 01:49 PM | #397
Seriously?! OMG now I can spam Force Storm constantly!
Daltron Hellfire Ω Lord of the Sith
Death Star PR Department
Keller's Void
I like Darth Nox. He uses teh force and doesn't afraid of anything.

ShadowMasterRP
01.24.2012 , 01:49 PM | #398
Quote: Originally Posted by Mitheril View Post
Can't say how pleased I'm to actually see response and answers from CS and developers today....not sure what has happend at Bioware, but I feel I've learned more from them in the last 24 hours than in the previous 1,5 months.
I believe it's all about EA, really.

EA fund the project, EA choose the support staff to save money, EA rush out the game half finished for Xmas...

Bioware's work is visibly good: the RPG elements, the creative content, the cinematic convos, etc.

But with a project of this magnitude and a publisher as infamous as EA (infamous, not famous), there's bound to be a bunch of pressure on the developer (the Bioware+Mythic team or whatnot).

Perhaps now that the initial sales have passed and subscriptions are flowing in, EA is loosening its tyrant's grip and letting things flow more smoothly, possibly also relegating more funds to the devs or something.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength; through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory; through victory, my chains are broken.

RyZaMa
01.24.2012 , 01:51 PM | #399
DELAY FIXED.. I NEVER DOUBTED YOU BIOWARE! Which is way I am on a 6 month sub!! <3 This game!!!

Vrak
01.24.2012 , 01:51 PM | #400
Still getting delays sadly (scoundrel.) I can miss anything from 1-3 global cooldowns worth of damage in an average fight against an enemy player, depending on how long it lasts. Usually happens just an an attack comes off cooldown, it press it, it goes on gcd, starts part of the animation, and then fails to go off entirely. Also happens with my backblast ability. I will execute it when I am behind my enemy, it will start the animation, and then cancel as they turn their back away. Hope the next fixes coming will solve this...too crippling.