Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Delays are gone!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jestertron
01.24.2012 , 11:50 AM | #371
When in doubt, AFK out... if it works in this game.

Daedricshots
01.24.2012 , 11:51 AM | #372
Quote: Originally Posted by Nokturanle View Post
Only thing I am seeing in the vid is you moving before you are even mounted.. Wait until you see yourself mounted before you move.. Has nothing to do w/ ability delay or BW issue.. Do you start your car, put it in drive then jump in the front seat?
im guessing you're the 1 dislike on the video lol

gangbot
01.24.2012 , 11:53 AM | #373
Quote: Originally Posted by unclekaula View Post
Why are people using the speeder example?

Group A doesnt have ability delay
Group B does have ability delay
Groups A and B BOTH have the speeder issue.

Doesnt sound like the speeder is a good example of anything.
There are different versions and areas which people refer to ability delay, they are likely different issues but may be related. Like the abilities not firing comes into this category also the abilities using the GCD and not doing damage, animations starts then stops (gets interrupted by something when its meant to be instant), and the ability delay where abilities are delayed by longer than the cast time or animation.

People have just generalized ability delay to the mount thing. The real name given to this issue should have been faulty ability response.
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

iain_b
01.24.2012 , 11:55 AM | #374
I can spam Diagnostic Scan on my Operative and it's not waiting for the animation to complete before it casts again.
My Little Pwny
Kulok Dunar, Powertech and GM of MLP. Want to join? Click here for info.

Squadron 1020 & 367

nilssen
01.24.2012 , 11:58 AM | #375
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowMasterRP View Post
No, seriously. Log in and check.

I just tried all of these:
- Mounting up and moving instantly as soon as the cast bar is finished: didn't get dismounted
- Chaining abilities, especially in melee: no delays before or after abilities
- Queueing abilities during the global cooldown: not a single ability fails

They... they actually fixed the delays.

My Sith Marauder actually looks like he's fighting in a smooth, relentless chain of attacks too. No more awkward pauses between abilities with my character just standing there waiting for the delays to pass.
Is this regarding the live server? If so, all of those points remain the same for me.

Not a single change - now, why would you post such a thing?
-50 Nhine / Assassin
-50 Nhine / Sage

Sort the textures out!

Powerhowse
01.24.2012 , 11:59 AM | #376
Quote: Originally Posted by Fellthar View Post
The speeder issue is a good example of animations being tied to cast timers and not being able to move on without completing the animation... an issue which was in no way addressed in this patch as per the patch notes.
This is so true. The animation must play before you can move. The problem here is that the animation plays after the casting time, not during the casting so that it is done when the casting time is complete.

This is a seperate issue which is address in this post:

Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
As I mentioned, we are not stopping to work on this topic. The resolutions mentioned in the blog are some of the improvements you can expect to see very soon.

Work on other items continues and that includes us looking at a number of animation related feedback items and reported issues, ranging from faction balance concerns to responsiveness improvements. Please understand that I won't discuss faction balance concerns as part of this thread to keep the discussion focused on the topic of Ability Delay. That does not mean we are ignoring the topic.

Georg
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...45#edit1949045

nilssen
01.24.2012 , 12:00 PM | #377
Quote: Originally Posted by Nokturanle View Post
Only thing I am seeing in the vid is you moving before you are even mounted.. Wait until you see yourself mounted before you move.. Has nothing to do w/ ability delay or BW issue.. Do you start your car, put it in drive then jump in the front seat?
Please tell me you're not serious.
-50 Nhine / Assassin
-50 Nhine / Sage

Sort the textures out!

Aeroe
01.24.2012 , 12:47 PM | #378
Quote: Originally Posted by nilssen View Post
Please tell me you're not serious.
Very serious. It's animation, not delay. I generally have 13-20 ping on my server and have never really experienced ability lag or delay ever. It still took me a while to learn to mount properly when first playing.
|Amazake|
<Eternal Dominion>
http://www.eternaldominion.com/
50 Corruption Sorcerer

rlhaas
01.24.2012 , 12:58 PM | #379
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeroe View Post
Very serious. It's animation, not delay. I generally have 13-20 ping on my server and have never really experienced ability lag or delay ever. It still took me a while to learn to mount properly when first playing.
Ability delay has nothing to do with latency, brah. My ping is always the same as what you claim and I (until this patch) have been experiencing it hardcore on my Operative. Now I can actually hit Acid Blade while GCD is in effect and it actually works. No more spamming Lacerate either. I've read most of this thread and it seems as though most of the people posting in it don't even know what the thread is discussing, they're just typing things and hitting 'Post'.
'Admit it, the internet is a glorified hate machine that will never stop,'.

Jediwran
01.24.2012 , 01:00 PM | #380
Quote: Originally Posted by rlhaas View Post
Ability delay has nothing to do with latency, brah. My ping is always the same as what you claim and I (until this patch) have been experiencing it hardcore on my Operative. Now I can actually hit Acid Blade while GCD is in effect and it actually works. No more spamming Lacerate either. I've read most of this thread and it seems as though most of the people posting in it don't even know what the thread is discussing, they're just typing things and hitting 'Post'.
He was just stating a fact. If you actually wait for the animation, it works just fine. But I agree, the casting bar should be the "law" so to speak. You should be able to zoom off when the bar says you can, not when the animation says you can.