Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to: Screenshots?

Curtisin
12.14.2011 , 07:00 PM | #1
I've been wondering, since the Beta in fact, how to take screenshots? Is it a matter of Print Screen and the pasting it to a picture program, or is there a folder where it'll automatically get saved?

Thanks for Reading.

Yothanan
12.14.2011 , 07:14 PM | #2
I,m very old-skoolŽed guy and I like to use the good old"print screen" key And I think thats what you have to do but I may be wrong.

shagge
12.14.2011 , 07:17 PM | #3
I tried that but mine ended up as a giant black screen. So i think that is why they have the holo cam once the came comes out. Or you can go get a program like fraps.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
Clarence Darrow

DoctorBeckett
12.14.2011 , 07:21 PM | #4
Yes. "print Screen" then paste in a program like paint. then save it to a .jpg file. Then upload it to your favorite hosting site and hotlink.
For free stuff...
It's fun leveling & goofing around in SWTOR like a child, but, as soon as you reach 55, you discover you have to be like a responsible adult "What the hell happened?"

Curtisin
12.14.2011 , 07:23 PM | #5
Alright. So no ingame screenshotting. - Bit annoying, but oh well.

Thanks folks.

TorinMcQ
12.16.2011 , 01:50 AM | #6
I don't know what you're doing but I successfully hit the printscreen button and it saved a file in My Documents\Star Wars - The Old Republic\Screenshots\Screenshot_2011-12-15_13_32_41_044025.jpg.

I also used the gimp to grab PNG shots of my toons but that's because I wanted lossless versions of them.

LazyManul
12.16.2011 , 03:21 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TorinMcQ View Post
I don't know what you're doing but I successfully hit the printscreen button and it saved a file in My Documents\Star Wars - The Old Republic\Screenshots\Screenshot_2011-12-15_13_32_41_044025.jpg.

I also used the gimp to grab PNG shots of my toons but that's because I wanted lossless versions of them.
Some shots just black, so no ingame shots

Remmo
12.16.2011 , 03:26 AM | #8
Yup, i had the same black images on paste, but as the above poster says, follow:

My Documents\Star Wars - The Old Republic\Screenshots

and you will find them all safely their in glorious colour - or at least I did
Smuggler

thumpx
12.16.2011 , 03:28 AM | #9
Screenshots were black in beta because of the NDA. Follow the above poster and it should work now.