Who is not OP?

Joskara

It seems every class is OP. Or everyone on these forums are 10 years old... Cant decide which but these forums are worse then WoW forums ever were. Must only be nice mature people left over there.

But to the point... Sniper/Gunslinger never seem to come up. Are they "balanced" or do they just suck?

the only thing that seems "OP" to me is being able to stealth yourself while fighting someone.....they should make that you need to wait something like 5 seconds without being damaged before being able to stealth again.....everything else isn't that bad for me even if somw teaking would be good in some cases

It seems every class is OP. Or everyone on these forums are 10 years old... Cant decide which but these forums are worse then WoW forums ever were. Must only be nice mature people left over there.

But to the point... Sniper/Gunslinger never seem to come up. Are they "balanced" or do they just suck?

We're decent at lower levels but it goes downhill pretty fast after 30 or so. I don't think we're "balanced" as the cover system is terrible and so are our survival abilities. Damage is decent but "meh" compared to most other classes.

It is classic PvP MMO that everybody wants to be OP and thus whines on the forums.

OFC in reality there is always a "best" class and a "worst" class but small tweaks during the many years an MMO runs always shift the balance. The whiners just keep on whining whatever happens.

PvP players should have every class as alts ready to play ;)

Edited by BubblegumYeti

My observations from playing scoundrel and knight to 50 and everything else apart from gunslinger to mid 20's (republic classes only).

I'd say sentinel/marauder seems weakest to face, although they seem to be able to rip apart consular/inquisitor under the right circumstances.

slinger/sniper does awesome damage whilst you don't notice them but seem a little weak once they've been spotted.

Every class that kills me is OP, everyone I kill is still OP'd but is obviously being played by a terribad. :p

I'd say sentinel/marauder seems weakest to face, although they seem to be able to rip apart consular/inquisitor under the right circumstances.

We can rip them apart assuming our abilities actually fire off instead of bugging into nothingness.

I noticed this the other day...On the front page of the PVP forums it seemed like there was a thread dedicated to each class in the game and how/why they are OP. In my opinion if every class is OP then that's the perfect balance.

Personally...I think the only UNDERpowered class is Assassin. Everyone else is just right.

Given that I'm a ranged class: Scoundrel/Operative is literally no threat to me given how easy to kite the SC/OP are with their mighty 10m range.

The nerf will just make them slightly annoying at best now.

Basically Scoundrel/Operative as they're eating a nerf and haven't been given a gap closer to compensate.

Edited by IronFirewind

I can tell you one thing...

My Guardian / Vigilance spec TANK is not OP. In fact most guardian tanks would agree we all equally suck.

Waiting for some patch love before I re-roll to the absolute best OP class in the game.

Doing 85k dmg on a good day is absolutely pathetic in a warzone, and that is with all lvl 50+ mods and 4 pieces of champion PvP gear.

Our only purpose in warzones is:

1) Guard people

2) Guardian leap to people to help them

3) AoE taunt for dmg mitigation

4) Leap to enemies/friendlies in Huttball (ok in huttball we are actually useful and needed)

Not really a nerf or buff but Sentinels need their abilities fixed. The animation delay and bugging hinders a lot of our dps. Not sure if mauraders are having the same problem.

Actually most of that is caused by lag. SWTOR doesn't have the insane lag compensation for melee abilities that Warhammer Online, Rift and WoW had.

My Guardian / Vigilance spec TANK is not OP. In fact most guardian tanks would agree we all equally suck.

Waiting for some patch love before I re-roll to the absolute best OP class in the game.

Doing 85k dmg on a good day is absolutely pathetic in a warzone, and that is with all lvl 50+ mods and 4 pieces of champion PvP gear.

1) Guard people

4) Leap to enemies/friendlies in Huttball (ok in huttball we are actually useful and needed)

Hmm... If you're a Guardian, shouldn't your only purpose be to guard other players?

1) Guard people

vigilance is a hard way to go with. consider going focus. what gear do you choose? i am in vindicator gear and sometimes even getting the 300k dmg medal including 10-50k protection. i could sacrifice some damage for some more protection, but i always weight protection versus damage, because both can prevent damage...

Any class in the right hands is OP. Dedication, confidence and enthusiasm are enough to rock in pvp.

90% of this forum's posts are whine and 90% of those whines are wrong.

In pvp you die, a lot, once your pride accepts this fact, you can enjoy any pvp game

PS my sentinel, guess what, OP!