Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best skills for Sith Assassin

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Best skills for Sith Assassin

permz
12.14.2011 , 07:00 PM | #1
Looking for advice from anyone playing this class. What are your feelings on whats best to go with.
Champagne for my real friends. Real pain for my sham friends.

Roda
12.14.2011 , 07:16 PM | #2
Artifice for your weapons, Synthweaving for your armor, or Cybertech for your enhancements.

EDIT: From what I can see, Cybertech has the most raw potential. However the top pieces from this crafting family are tradeable per websites like TORhead. Based on this fact, I'd go with one of the crafting families which has top tier Purple items which are No-Trade. I'm personally going Synthweaving on my tank spec Sith Assassin.

TordFish
12.14.2011 , 07:54 PM | #3
If you want some gear go Synthweaving, Archeology and Underworld trading. This way you can make a lot of gear for yourself and guildies. I've gotten a lot of patterns for orange and blue gear while lvling up, and because I make most of my own gear I can pick Commendations from quest rewards for even more orange or blue gear.

I strongly suggest it.

Lsya
12.14.2011 , 10:48 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
If you want some gear go Synthweaving, Archeology and Underworld trading. This way you can make a lot of gear for yourself and guildies. I've gotten a lot of patterns for orange and blue gear while lvling up, and because I make most of my own gear I can pick Commendations from quest rewards for even more orange or blue gear.

I strongly suggest it.
From everything I've been reading, this is what I'm planning on doing. Anything else I need will be from alts or buying from others to help promote the player economy.

donnjon
12.14.2011 , 11:08 PM | #5
Better then artifice? Get saber mods and companion items.

Yatzol
12.14.2011 , 11:17 PM | #6
I am going biochem/bioanalysis 160min self buffs + reusable med packs with a 90sec CD will give a madness/tank assasin any where from 4-5 self heals plus epic implants. The implants+ stim buffs add up to more stats then the other craftin skills at least in theory wont know for sure till I hit end game but its easy enough to redo crafting at lvl cap

permz
12.14.2011 , 11:50 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TordFish View Post

I strongly suggest it.
Thanks TordFish.. I will look into this more. Much appreciated.
Champagne for my real friends. Real pain for my sham friends.

Khellmore
12.15.2011 , 01:55 AM | #8
I'm having the same dilemma here - I see how weaving would be more useful overall but I suspect artifice would be more "fun"... still undecided...

Tyrpak
12.15.2011 , 03:15 AM | #9
If you have someone, who can make you and your companion some orange gear, than cybertech is worth it, as you can upgrade your equipment while levelling, and crafting all those mods also grinds your crafting skill.

Synthweaving items are usually 1 level ahead of the mission rewards, and you will be ahead of mob drops levels most of the time, so looted items are mostly out.
Plus you get some really stylish recipes.

Compared to archeology, scavenging has one more source in strong (white star) or higher robots.