Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I refuse to tank HM False Emperor for you. Ever.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
I refuse to tank HM False Emperor for you. Ever.

snowmon
01.24.2012 , 06:02 AM | #21
ok P1 u all know, tank him on the steps...

P2, at 17% move back over to the bridge, last pillar on the right u have a little lip running the lenght of the pillar in the middle of it, run into that lip, turn around and continue tanking, if you are in the lip of the pillar correctly you will not be pushed off, then just continue tanking him there untill one of the others pushes him off.

job done.
lvl 55 PT DPS, ToFN Server

darkonnis
01.24.2012 , 06:26 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightfox_ View Post
Mechanics require you to kite him to the ledge to blow him off in hardmode once he reaches 10%

Has nothing to do with my skill.
Yeah im afraid it does, been tanking since forever and its never been an issue. If you know he knocks back why stand with your back to a void? i always ensure if i do get blasted backward that ill bang into something solid (preferable, saves me running back) or a long open space which has a solid at the end of it so even if i do go all the way back i still cant fall. You just fail, thats all it comes down to. Bored of people whining about how hard it is to tank simple stuff, just fail less.
Darth Bain, Black Dawn Syndicate - 50 Assassin - Luka Sene
Valar Morghulis, Apotheosis - 50 Marauder - Luka Sene

Iwipe
01.24.2012 , 06:37 AM | #23
OP could be the worst tank ever but lets look at the issue at hand.

The issue here is if you get knocked kicked into the bottom and the rest of your team finish the Malgus fight, you don't get loot.

It doesn't matter who you are, you get knocked to the bottom = no loot.

This is possibly the worst design error and it occurs not just in False Emperor but its especially bad in FE since you cannot rez whoever died.

Once you kill the final boss, you should not be locked out of the flashpoint.

One of my lessons was a hardmode directive 7 run. On the last boss fight, we all died except for the tank. The tank couldn't rez as he was still in combat for some weird reason. Since we couldn't re-enter the flashpoint, we had to release back to medcenter and were all locked out of the flashpoint as the boss was killed. The three of us were unable to receive loot while the tank got a Columi pants he couldn't use...

It doesn't matter who you are or how bad you are. Fact is, most of us are after the Columi token the last boss drops. Wasting an entire run and a day's lockout due to poor design is terrible and is something that definitely need to be fixed.

You can call others terrible as much as you want but one day you will be in the same boat if this is not fixed.

Proviant
01.24.2012 , 07:01 AM | #24
Quote:
This is possibly the worst design error and it occurs not just in False Emperor but its especially bad in FE since you cannot rez whoever died.
This so true. I lost loot at Directive 7 and we had to play through the bugs for about 2 hours (boss cloning your mates? have to do it with 3 instead of 4).

Solution:
1. Rez option for end fight
2. Rez in flashpoint (no level loading, yay)

Belchie
01.24.2012 , 07:14 AM | #25
Regardless of what you think about the OP's tanking abilities, he has brought up a valid point. That half of you high-fiving chuckle-heads choose to miss the whole point is telling, and seriously calls into doubt your ability to problem solve.

+1 to OP, it's an issue and needs to be looked at.

Polebreaker
01.24.2012 , 07:17 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Belchie View Post
Regardless of what you think about the OP's tanking abilities, he has brought up a valid point. That half of you high-fiving chuckle-heads choose to miss the whole point is telling, and seriously calls into doubt your ability to problem solve.

+1 to OP, it's an issue and needs to be looked at.
This.

90% dummies in this thread so far. No reason you should not be able to zone back to loot, WHATEVER the circumstances.

Teldaril
01.24.2012 , 07:26 AM | #27
It didnt happen to me in False Emperor. Under normal circumstances i have a position he cant kick me down the ledge but it did happen in other FPs. Its annoying when you cant loot. Serious issue, should be on the highest priority.
TANKING: A PRIMER by Gankstah et al
Tanking stat spreadsheet online by LagunaD et al

MerekGalen
01.24.2012 , 07:30 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Polebreaker View Post
This.

90% dummies in this thread so far. No reason you should not be able to zone back to loot, WHATEVER the circumstances.
Agreed. There is no reason to be locked out of an instance after you have cleared it - we had this happen to a dps on our very first run through of FE - we killed him and he couldn't zone back in, and his quest (illum world quest) wasn't completed. We had to do the entire zone again just to update his quest. This would be avoided if he didn't leave the zone when reviving

Ashorian
01.24.2012 , 07:50 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by belchie View Post
regardless of what you think about the op's tanking abilities, he has brought up a valid point. That half of you high-fiving chuckle-heads choose to miss the whole point is telling, and seriously calls into doubt your ability to problem solve.

+1 to op, it's an issue and needs to be looked at.
^2345

hi

snowmon
01.24.2012 , 08:07 AM | #30
ok try this for a possible fix...

dont click ok on the quest completion.

just get rid of it so it stays pending in the top right of the screen until you are back in the FP? ofc im at work atm and cant test it but worth a try if someone has a go later.

cause from what i have seen its the quest completion that then turns the entrance red, and also you dont get anything until AFTER u finish and hand in the quest, so leaving it alone might sort it until u have at least gone back in to the FP to get ya gear.
lvl 55 PT DPS, ToFN Server