Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Diffrence between 8 man and 16 man ops (normal)?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Diffrence between 8 man and 16 man ops (normal)?

reddriver
01.23.2012 , 11:09 PM | #1
so besides the amount of people is a 16 man op the same ammount of HP for mobs as an 8 man? and dps of the mobs the same?

Iwipe
01.23.2012 , 11:27 PM | #2
Nope, HP is about doubled and the damage output from the mobs have increased. in some cases, some trash that are strong became elites etc. The trash in 16 man normal is generally harder than 8 man hardmode..

TLR not worth running 16 man, run two 8 mans and save yourself the headache.

Silberfalke
01.24.2012 , 12:10 AM | #3
There is no reason to do 16 man.

Fail design.
Love is the greatest power in the universe.

Mynden
01.24.2012 , 12:20 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Silberfalke View Post
There is no reason to do 16 man.

Fail design.
my guild is 16 man and it sucks. I have no intention of breaking down to 8's. I don't mind if they give no incentive (selfishly I wish they would), but right now I feel punished for doing them. If you're going to make them harder, which they are, they need to give greater rewards. If they are going to give the same rewards, they need to be rebalanced.
Use the link for free stuff (including a server transfer)
http://www.swtor.com/r/DMvJV3

Iwipe
01.24.2012 , 06:49 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Mynden View Post
my guild is 16 man and it sucks. I have no intention of breaking down to 8's. I don't mind if they give no incentive (selfishly I wish they would), but right now I feel punished for doing them. If you're going to make them harder, which they are, they need to give greater rewards. If they are going to give the same rewards, they need to be rebalanced.
Exactly, I love doing 16 mans too but it is just a pain atm and not worth it. 8 man just doesn't feel as epic as 16 man, not mention it has less social interactions but you do feel like a pretty tight unit.

reddriver
01.25.2012 , 10:19 PM | #6
thanks for the input guys

Miothan
01.25.2012 , 11:17 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
Exactly, I love doing 16 mans too but it is just a pain atm and not worth it. 8 man just doesn't feel as epic as 16 man, not mention it has less social interactions but you do feel like a pretty tight unit.
I like the feel of playing with 7 other skilled players

16-man just isnt as much fun when you do not have 15 other skilled players playing the game with you.
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time. ~H.L. Mencken

Silberfalke
01.26.2012 , 12:44 AM | #8
Quote:
16-man just isnt as much fun when you do not have 15 other skilled players playing the game with you.
But if the reward would be better than 8 man, people would play it nonetheless.
And I think 16 man is okay. Much better than 25 man in WoW.
There are many guilds with enough good players.
Love is the greatest power in the universe.

jonnybigboy
01.26.2012 , 01:20 AM | #9
We do the 2 8 mans and it turns into drama over who is in what group. i wish we just did 16 but people love drama. I don't complain even though I get stuck with all the ones that can't move out of fire.

Iwipe
01.26.2012 , 03:22 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by jonnybigboy View Post
We do the 2 8 mans and it turns into drama over who is in what group. i wish we just did 16 but people love drama. I don't complain even though I get stuck with all the ones that can't move out of fire.
Yup, next thing you know. 16 man guilds split due to drama like these.