If SWTOR was a new car

Oldbuster

Given that the MMO's genre is not new and Bioware has entered into the world of MMO's with SWTOR as its flagship IP.

I hear a lot of talk from people making representations on how it's hard to make a MMO and there are always glitches and problems, and the devs will sort it out eventually.

The computer industry must be the only industry where the customer base accepts faults with products

I raise this:

If Bioware was a new car company entering in to the car sales world and SWTOR was its shiny new prestige vehicle, would you buy it, after having test driven it?

Me: Excuse me the radio doesn't work.

Salesperson: Oh we have a workaround for that. Please plug in your iphone into the shiny usb port and you will hear your favorite tunes.

Me: The engine keeps misfiring and making strange noises.

Salesperson: Please provide our engineering department with a complete engine diagnostic so they may look at it in detail and get back to you some time in the future.

Me: I hit the Gas Peddle and nothing happens for a good second, same thing with the brakes.

Saleperson: We are aware of this issue and our engineers are working hard to have a fix for that in the future. May I suggest you plan your acceleration and braking in advance. this would help you a lot.

Me: The rear vision mirror and instrumentation are blocking my field of view and I cant move it. Other car companies let me move those things.

Salesperson: We spent years designing the dashboard and the instrumentation. you will get used to it. Trust me:cool:.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Reply to you: no car is perfect. If I don't like the ergonomics of a certain brand/design, I buy another. Same with mobile phones. I hate Samsung and Apple. Doesn't mean they're bad and no one else should buy them. Just a matter of preference. I think the iPhone has a broken interface, I don't moan about it on apple forums, I just get on and buy a mobile which agrees with me.

Reply to you: no car is perfect. If I don't like the ergonomics of a certain brand/design, I buy another. Same with mobile phones. I hate Samsung and Apple. Doesn't mean they're bad and no one else should buy them. Just a matter of preference. I think the iPhone has a broken interface, I don't moan about it on apple forums, I just get on and buy a mobile which agrees with me.

there are fundamendals laws of how a product must be represented. its not about ergonomics its about following quality standarts.

I'm going to guess you've never actually bought a car before.

I'm getting that feeling as well.

OP, thats a pretty poor analogy. Perhaps you should think of a better one and create a whole new thread for that.

If SWTOR were a new car it would never leave the factory floor. There are a ot of safety issues is building a car and having it approved for sale.

As SWTOR is not a new car I would suggest if you have that many problems with the game pls feel free to move on. I personally have had very few issues with play aside from minor bugs that are NOT game breaking.

Bioware like every other company to release a MMO need time to fix all of the bugs that pop up over time. So far this has been 1 of the smoothest launches I can remember.

Blizzard's release of WoW had random server crashes, servers down for days at a time, actual game breaking bugs and exteremly high login queues (which did not end until The Burning Crusade).

I only mentions WoW because it is the game everyone is comparing SWTOR to. Several MMOs also had problematic releases including Aion, EQ2, Rift, Conan, LoTRO, and DAOC.

Be patient or move on but stop creating pointless threads in the CS forums.

Did OP say that if I buy a new car and I can't rearrange the dash I should be able to get a different car?

I also think he's never heard of recalls, upgrades, bugs in car computers that require troubleshooting and repair time, etc.

:rolleyes:

For real though, did he/she really state that?

Edited by Azzras

Did OP say that if I buy a new car and I can't rearrange the dash I should be able to get a different car?

I also think he's never heard of recalls, upgrades, bugs in car computers that require troubleshooting and repair time, etc.

:rolleyes:

For real though, did he/she really state that?

Again, they've probably never actually bought a car, just watched a bunch of car commercials.

Come to think of it, I doubt they've even bought anything ever because that's not how buying something works, but I digress.

Given that the MMO's genre is not new and Bioware has entered into the world of MMO's with SWTOR as its flagship IP.

I hear a lot of talk from people making representations on how it's hard to make a MMO and there are always glitches and problems, and the devs will sort it out eventually.

The computer industry must be the only industry where the customer base accepts faults with products

I raise this:

If Bioware was a new car company entering in to the car sales world and SWTOR was its shiny new prestige vehicle, would you buy it, after having test driven it?

Salesperson: Oh we have a workaround for that. Please plug in your iphone into the shiny usb port and you will hear your favorite tunes.

Salesperson: Please provide our engineering department with a complete engine diagnostic so they may look at it in detail and get back to you some time in the future.

Me: I hit the Gas Peddle and nothing happens for a good second, same thing with the brakes.

Saleperson: We are aware of this issue and our engineers are working hard to have a fix for that in the future. May I suggest you plan your acceleration and braking in advance. this would help you a lot.

Me: The rear vision mirror and instrumentation are blocking my field of view and I cant move it. Other car companies let me move those things.

Salesperson: We spent years designing the dashboard and the instrumentation. you will get used to it. Trust me:cool:.

because software coding and mechanical engineering is the same thing...

Everyone complaining on the forums were hired by other MMOs to drive traffic down.

It's a known issue.

really? I think every mmo in existence including f2p mmo have already written off swtor as a threat. False alarm. Just another overhyped game to the graveyard in 6months.

I raise this:

I love how you compare two things that arnt remotely connected. Basic intelligence should advice you against that.

But as an anecdote it could work.

really? I think every mmo in existence including f2p mmo have already written off swtor as a threat. False alarm. Just another overhyped game to the graveyard in 6months.

And yet you're still here. You either like the game but love to troll, or......