Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

OP's and Sorcerers someone explain pls

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
OP's and Sorcerers someone explain pls

Miothan
01.25.2012 , 12:44 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Hymner View Post
Why does he fail?, its true.
Soc/sage is the most op class of all. Soc is by far the most played class, and it would not be so if it was not a face-roll class.
If the class was not so great as it is, most people would play sith warrior or jedi knight.
Faceroll as in; omg lightnig spam
or: Omg i died to lightning

Clarify what you mean by "face-roll class".
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time. ~H.L. Mencken

Halbe
01.25.2012 , 01:34 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Miothan View Post
Faceroll as in; omg lightnig spam
or: Omg i died to lightning

Clarify what you mean by "face-roll class".
Face roll as in, well, easy.

Case and Point - I recently rerolled a Smuggler (Scoundrel Healer Spec). Level 29.

Playing Voidstar. They break the door. Level 16 Sorc is lagging behind. I attack.

She just stood there and healed through my damage. Literally, didn't move. Didn't even attack me. Just healed through it. No, not through it, past it. Interrupt? Block spell casting? Nothing.

SHe still had about, eh, just under half force left. I was out of energy, as I burned it trying to kill her. She attacks me, and I can't heal through it.

She then sprints off.

I don't expect to kill many people in my healing spec 1v1. I really don't. But I also shouldn't have another class outheal my DPS and out DPS my healing, with what seemed as though little to no resource management on their part, while I'm trying to keep mine in an acceptable range for maximum regen.

Yea, I know, not level 50 (I have a 50 Op, so I'd be more than happy to talk that as well), but I'm just pointing out how easy they are to play, even at early levels compared to other classes.

Gomfedj
01.25.2012 , 03:17 AM | #43
this may not be sorcs.. but well it is the same idea

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2135470

*rofl*

dandepaaper
01.25.2012 , 05:37 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by MBALLZ_IZHARI View Post
The stun effect from the bubble loses it's effect the next time you take damage with that in mind considering a sorc CANNOT crit for a 3-4+k in a single hit (sorry you got nerfed get over it) you can go right back to attacking the squishy target you were before it's not like he/she can drop you right after the stun (like operatives could before the patch).

Your rant is just (THEY NERFED X SO THEY SHOULD NERF Y) finger pointing.
you are daft and not even looking at things objectively. jarringstrikes sucks as it is now. 1.5 stun that makes you immune to anny kind of stun afterwards. Yes the dmg of hidden strike was somewhat absurd and they are toning that down including acidblade wich was the biggest reason the burst of an operative was so high. but putting jarring strike on a 1.5 seconds knockdown is pointless. its 2 tallent points in our second to last tier and its way to underwhelming as it stands now. It should be left at 3 seconds and the 20% dmg nerf and 30% armor pen on acid blade should still be pushed trough.
If a kid say's a nasty word in school. do you blame the kid? the father who said the word? or the doghouse the father had to build and hiting his thumb with the hammer in the process? or his little sister becouse she named the dog Bello wich is an exeptionaly good name to be painted on a doghouse? puzzeling realy.

dandepaaper
01.25.2012 , 05:44 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhazesx View Post
I agree with the OP Sorcerers are OP especially the ones like he fights that are specced 31-31-31
take a look at the tallent trees. The blind tallent and the knockback root are both in the lightning tallent. yes the reduction of cooldown on forcelighning is in the other dmg tree but still the 2 most anoying spells are in the same tree and they both dont lock you out with a full resolve bar in a result of you getting stunned aswel. 3x CC vs 1x CC (that lasts 1.5 seconds now)
If a kid say's a nasty word in school. do you blame the kid? the father who said the word? or the doghouse the father had to build and hiting his thumb with the hammer in the process? or his little sister becouse she named the dog Bello wich is an exeptionaly good name to be painted on a doghouse? puzzeling realy.

Atamosk
01.25.2012 , 10:02 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Lorthor View Post
I'm sorry if you are having trouble beating a sorc/sage that is spec'd Tele/Lightning and has to stand still and cast to do damage, the problem is you.
i tend to agree with you. when i charge one and they blast me back im an idiot for not having the ability ready to leap on the sorc. although by the time im back to them their channel is over and my kick i useless. so I don't know how i feel about this strat.

but then again i am always saying, this game is not about 1v1 so why do people think it matters in 1v1 battles. if you are in a group then the rules of 1v1 go out the window. lighting inst op, people just suck and don't focus and interrupt the **** out of them.

and op/scoundrel should really just wait till a bunch of people are fighting and then pop in and cause all sorts of mayhem, as a guardian i would love a pocket scoundrel to pop out and help me kill people.

Why do people only care about one v one. you should be punished for playing with that mentality..

oh wait you are by being killed quickly.

edited my spelling
running is never a bad thing

Cragen
01.25.2012 , 11:42 AM | #47
With Jarring Blade being 1.5 seconds it will no longer fill the resolve bar if it follows the same rules as all other CC which means you will be better at stunlocking next patch.

AlexanderGL
01.25.2012 , 11:41 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Hymner View Post
Why does he fail?, its true.
Soc/sage is the most op class of all. Soc is by far the most played class, and it would not be so if it was not a face-roll class.
If the class was not so great as it is, most people would play sith warrior or jedi knight.
Try to play Sage/Sorc healer...

just try...
Then we'll talk about facerolling class...

i'm 100% shure that you have 0 chances against OP... and i got.
Becouse you'll faceroll on your keyboard while stuned. and i'm not!
Becouse i'll use all my CoolDowns to stay alive + biochem... and you'll faceroll.
i'll pool some one of Meele dps to me with rescue skill and he will kill that OP...
and you'll go forum about crying how powerfull OPs...

and my enemy OP will go to forum crying about how powerfull sorcs healers.

these is the life.

AlexanderGL
01.26.2012 , 01:06 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexanderGL View Post
Try to play Sage/Sorc healer...

just try...
Then we'll talk about facerolling class...

i'm 100% shure that you have 0 chances against OP... and i got.
Becouse you'll faceroll on your keyboard while stuned. and i'm not!
Becouse i'll use all my CoolDowns to stay alive + biochem... and you'll faceroll.
i'll pool some one of Meele dps to me with rescue skill and he will kill that OP...
and you'll go forum about crying how powerfull OPs...

and my enemy OP will go to forum crying about how powerfull sorcs healers.

these is the life.
And yes...
if you want to dicuss i got both. Sage and OP...
With sage Healer(dislike burst DPS spec) i can stay alive against OP in 7-8 times from 10

and With OP i can kill Sages with 100% chance(noone stay alive) except when tank puting shield on him.

I stoped to play OP becouse game for them was no exciting and too eay to kill target...
becouse i know that my target in 80% times will not stay alive till stun... 10% will die from dats and other 10% will be killed from my rifle shot.

Valketh
01.26.2012 , 02:15 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Sufran View Post
Unfortunately, I concur. I doubt many of the people calling for any class to be ‘balanced’ are consulting vast quantities of empirical evidence and compensating for cognitive bias. They’re emotive, vitriolic, and relying on anecdote (Whenever I fight X), intuition (It's just so obvious!), logical fallacies (I play this class too so my call for damage reductions is somehow more valid; post hoc nonsense; ad populum idiocy; etc), or cherry-picking of data (Look! This one screenshot shows X doing 900k damage! This is proof that they need damage reductions!... Let’s ignore any specific environmental conditions that made this possible and generalise it!). Equally, I don't see those that play the targeted classes providing data and they're typically guilty of the same failings.

If people calmly gather representative, randomised samples and subject them to analysis in order to confirm confidence then I’ll gladly accept their points on any classes. Until such a time, they can take their frail, pathetic human emotions elsewhere and I sincerely hope Bioware don't defer to the typical model of instant gratification on these matters. Sadly, the Operative/Smuggler changes suggest otherwise (unless it was coincidence that their changes coincided with the uproar).
I went to college. I have a bachelor degree. I am fairly intelligent...i think. But are you talking to gamers here or is this a page from your doctoral thesis? Seriously my friend, using language that even educated people gape at is simply ridiculous; "empirical, cognitive bias, vitriolic, anecdote, logical fallacies, post hoc, ad populum"... really?!? Does anyone even respond to you? Well, I guess I did, but only because I'm still trying to figure out *** you're saying.