Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most POWERFUL Jedi/Sith

cool-dude
12.23.2016 , 05:58 PM | #141
I don't see Sidious as the most powerful Sith ever. Sidious was a typical bloodthirsty Sith that didn't have the cunning to get anywhere on his own. His master on the other hand managed to create a human being from the force, and he damn near discovered how to make himself immortal; through the manipulation of Midi-chlorians. Sidious himself knew he was not strong enough to take on Plagueis, which is why he got him drunk and killed him when he passed out.
"Sarcasm is strong in this one"

Krimlord
12.25.2016 , 09:50 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by cool-dude View Post
I don't see Sidious as the most powerful Sith ever. Sidious was a typical bloodthirsty Sith that didn't have the cunning to get anywhere on his own. His master on the other hand managed to create a human being from the force, and he damn near discovered how to make himself immortal; through the manipulation of Midi-chlorians. Sidious himself knew he was not strong enough to take on Plagueis, which is why he got him drunk and killed him when he passed out.
Really shows the Coward he is doesn't it? No way would such a coward be so powerful when he can't even prove his power against his master one on one like a True Sith that only the strongest shall rule.

blastbeard
12.25.2016 , 01:58 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Krimlord View Post
Really shows the Coward he is doesn't it? No way would such a coward be so powerful when he can't even prove his power against his master one on one like a True Sith that only the strongest shall rule.
Why would a sith try to take on their master on even footing when they don't have to? It's certainly possible both sith could end up killing each other, which would throw Bane's legacy in the trash can and end the line of the sith right there. It's an awfully large risk for something pretty unnecessary.

And also don't forget that Plagueis himself didn't exactly beat his master in a fair fight, either.

Krimlord
12.25.2016 , 09:41 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by blastbeard View Post
Why would a sith try to take on their master on even footing when they don't have to? It's certainly possible both sith could end up killing each other, which would throw Bane's legacy in the trash can and end the line of the sith right there. It's an awfully large risk for something pretty unnecessary.

And also don't forget that Plagueis himself didn't exactly beat his master in a fair fight, either.
Still if he was more powerful it wouldn't matter. So I think it's evidence to Sideous being weaker clearly. That is what dragged the sith down and weakened them in the first place.

blastbeard
12.26.2016 , 12:44 AM | #145
Still if he was more powerful it wouldn't matter. So I think it's evidence to Sideous being weaker clearly. That is what dragged the sith down and weakened them in the first place.

Other sith have pretty much done or at least attempted to do the same thing; such as Zannah, who initially tried to kill an unarmed Darth Bane before he managed to recover his lightsaber and engage in a proper duel, or even Darth Plagueis himself waited until his master was distracted from keeping them both from getting caught in a mine shaft explosion before collapsing a stone roof down upon his master in order to defeat him.
If we're going to say Sidious was weak for killing Plagueis in his moment of weakness; then Plagueis, at the very least, is in the same boat.

Krimlord
12.26.2016 , 04:51 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by blastbeard View Post
Other sith have pretty much done or at least attempted to do the same thing; such as Zannah, who initially tried to kill an unarmed Darth Bane before he managed to recover his lightsaber and engage in a proper duel, or even Darth Plagueis himself waited until his master was distracted from keeping them both from getting caught in a mine shaft explosion before collapsing a stone roof down upon his master in order to defeat him.
If we're going to say Sidious was weak for killing Plagueis in his moment of weakness; then Plagueis, at the very least, is in the same boat.
I'll give you that. It just seems to discredit the usefulness of the Rule of Two that Bane intended that strength ever grow. Backstabbing and 2v1(apprentices teaming up on a master) is the reason the sith constantly fail to grow much stronger than they could...

MadDutchman
12.26.2016 , 11:02 PM | #147
I'll give you that. It just seems to discredit the usefulness of the Rule of Two that Bane intended that strength ever grow. Backstabbing and 2v1(apprentices teaming up on a master) is the reason the sith constantly fail to grow much stronger than they could...
Indeed, the Rule of Two was just as flawed as what came before.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.