Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Republic vs. Empire Storyline Compatability

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Republic vs. Empire Storyline Compatability

Chanez
01.24.2012 , 06:00 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Artein View Post
Spoiler
Hahaha i ruined the jedis reputation, you monster making... monsters

Lexandar
01.25.2012 , 04:53 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
Spoiler
Actually the easiest way to reconcile it is:

Both sides took the dark side option.

Spoiler

Ranadiel_Marius
01.25.2012 , 06:54 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Lexandar View Post
Actually the easiest way to reconcile it is:

Both sides took the dark side option.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Lexandar
01.25.2012 , 06:59 AM | #24
Good point. However,

Spoiler

Ranadiel_Marius
01.25.2012 , 07:08 AM | #25
Spoiler

Lexandar
01.25.2012 , 07:18 AM | #26
Spoiler

I was aware of that reference but am skeptical of this as I haven't seen any direct source. Doesn't mean its wrong but I haven't the time nor inclination (especially the inclination) to verify it

Spoiler

This doesn't wholly refute the argument. Reason being:

Spoiler
Comments in red.

Ranadiel_Marius
01.25.2012 , 12:56 PM | #27
If you aren't willing to look this stuff up for yourself, I realyl don't see why I should bother to continue this conversation, but I will give you at least one more response.

Since you apparently don't want to bother looking Voss up in Wookiepedia, here is a developer's commentary on why they chose Voss. And here is the most relevant quote.

Quote:
Looking at the holocron (Lucasarts’ extensive guide to all things canon and beyond) we find Voss. It says three thousand years after our timeline a starship pilot will hail from Voss and apparently several mothers throughout history named their kids after the planet. Okay, we can live with that. People name their kids “Dakota” and “Paris” right? Otherwise, it’s ours. Open for creativity. Let’s create a planet for our mystics.
Now that aside, let's look at what the actual LS/DS endings of Voss entail for each side since I have just double checked how they all play out.

Spoiler

Duradel
01.25.2012 , 01:22 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by raelimar View Post
I do agree that the storylines make it seem like a pretty clean Republic victory. However, in the 1.1 questline leading up to the Rakghoul flashpoint, the Imperial NPCs talk about how they
Spoiler
Are future content patches going to ignore the opposite faction storyline as well?

Let alone the mess with
Spoiler

Regarding Alderaan, Republic captured him:

Spoiler

Lexandar
01.26.2012 , 05:43 AM | #29
If you aren't willing to look this stuff up for yourself, I realyl don't see why I should bother to continue this conversation, but I will give you at least one more response.

Since you apparently don't want to bother looking Voss up in Wookiepedia, here is a developer's commentary on why they chose Voss. And here is the most relevant quote.
Wow, why so mad bro?

If you actually read the entry you'd have seen that the reference to the NJO character is unsourced. That its referenced means nothing without seeing the original article.

Also the destruction of a planet does not invalidate its usefulness. Look at Peragus. Saying one obscure character (out of an entire cast in a lore) came from there means absolutely nothing. Hell the reborn Jedi Exile came from Peragus. Does that means that he comes from a place of population, trees, sunshines and rainbows?

Quote:
Now that aside, let's look at what the actual LS/DS endings of Voss entail for each side since I have just double checked how they all play out.

Spoiler

No it does not. Chronology plays a huge part here. You're assuming that it sets off on your own prejudged chronological path.

What if the Empire's emissary came during/after the Republic's events on Voss? The Voss commandos can always be recalled. Hell they might not have even left the planet, especially if the tight chronology of Corellia's considered.

Spoiler

Your chronology is no more valid that it is invalid without further evidence.

Spoiler

Adopting your chronology the LS ending makes even less sense. Assuming the Empires emissary came before the Republic's events on Voss, why would the Voss perpetuate the massacre of their own people on the face of the evidence? I mean the possibility for a species wide irrationality is there but its nonsensical.
Comments here in red.

Soulchilde
01.26.2012 , 06:27 AM | #30
Only, Bioware can settle these debates and that probably won't happen till the first expansion.