Give me one good reason not to drop artifice.

Hypernetic

The enhancements arent worthless, they're as good as the 1 enhancement you get from 1 daily. The ones we craft also have a wider variety of stats which is nice.

Also, Rakatta relics. as a tank you should be quite happy with those. One relic with power and endurance as passive stats and a defensive secondary stat on use, and one full endurance passive with an irrelevant DPS stat on use which you can choose to ignore (they share CDs anyways as far as i know).

And then there's a moddable lightsaber schematic which, assuming the same rules as armstech weapons apply, can crit and give you an augment slot in your lightsaber.

/thread

The enhancements arent worthless, they're as good as the 1 enhancement you get from 1 daily. The ones we craft also have a wider variety of stats which is nice.

Also, Rakatta relics. as a tank you should be quite happy with those. One relic with power and endurance as passive stats and a defensive secondary stat on use, and one full endurance passive with an irrelevant DPS stat on use which you can choose to ignore (they share CDs anyways as far as i know).

And then there's a moddable lightsaber schematic which, assuming the same rules as armstech weapons apply, can crit and give you an augment slot in your lightsaber.

/thread

They aren't as good as the daily ones, they are much worse.

Any gear you get at 50 has way better enhancements in it already anyway.

I already have the rakata relics and they don't require artifice to use.

Orange items are crap, I have a battlemaster ligthsaber that is 10x better than a level 47 blue lightsaber with an augment slot.

Anything else?

They will definitely balance the other professions with Biochem sooner or later. If your already 400 Artifice or similar, you might as well wait for now, since you gotta be well pissed if they announce major changes to professions in say, a month's time. Just wait until their profession revamp is announced/implemented, then decide what suits you best and whether Artifice is still useless or not.

They will definitely balance the other professions with Biochem sooner or later. If your already 400 Artifice or similar, you might as well wait for now, since you gotta be well pissed if they announce major changes to professions in say, a month's time. Just wait until their profession revamp is announced/implemented, then decide what suits you best and whether Artifice is still useless or not.

If they "balance" it at a later date, why would I be mad? I'd have biochem which is balanced with all the others and I would have benefited from biochem for all that time between now and when they "balance" crew skills. (which I doubt will happen in a month, I foresee biochem being tops for a long time. They need a complete revamp of crew skills to fix this problem which likely won't come until the first expansion).

If they "balance" it at a later date, why would I be mad? I'd have biochem which is balanced with all the others and I would have benefited from biochem for all that time between now and when they "balance" crew skills. (which I doubt will happen in a month, I foresee biochem being tops for a long time. They need a complete revamp of crew skills to fix this problem which likely won't come until the first expansion).

Well if you felt that way then why did you waste our time reading this thread and your time writing it? Personally I have a 400 Artifice and I feel that the speed at which Bioware is adressing issues is lightyears beyond what I have seen in other games. I am here for the long haul, and not going to ever doubt Bioware's intentions even if I do have a problem with the results that are pushed out to live.